GDT: Leafs vs Sens Sept 8th - 3 p.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
agreed, if he can't show some heart in this meaningless rookie tournament, he's doomed. it's like Matthews when he didn't show up during the all star game
Yeah nice sarcasm , at this stage of a rookie kids career there are no meaningless games , everybody knows a kids talent level by now these games are all about showing heart and desire , good luck with the XBox .

Trigger96

Mar 3, 2006
Well...that was a pretty sloppy game for obvious reasons but entertaining...i dont think Nielsens game was as bad as everyones saying...he made some great defensive plays at our blueline that led to odd man rushes for us. I think hes probably guilty of some rust and looked kind of bored.

SDA i was also thinking reminded me of Marner with his puckhandling and shifty strong edge work. Dudes a hockey player! Sandin looked smooth and relaxed/confident out there...but Liljegrens game is frustrating...i think hes just trying to do way too much out there and needs to simplify his game. I would say thats understandable being in a rookie tourny and wanting to try some things, but ive seen the same thing from every game ive watched him

Reactions: coupe93

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Yeah nice sarcasm , at this stage of a rookie kids career there are no meaningless games , everybody knows a kids talent level by now these games are all about showing heart and desire , good luck with the XBox .
lol seriously, its the first competitive game he has played this year, they should have no rust or any fatigue, it sounds like you have been playing to much xbox, settle down.

Reactions: Havoc

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
enlighten us all on his lack of heart since you obviously have an intimate knowledge of his game that us pedestrian fans dont.
some "fans" here are so pompous and condescending jeezuz. only on HFboards is opinion repeatedly stated as fact, and when disagreed with, its met with crap like "good luck with the xbox"

SubyDubyTML

May 13, 2013
Was just at the game. Biggest standouts for me were Bracco and SDA. Here's a quick summary of what I thought.

Bracco: He's got great vision, was really liking some of the passes he was making today. He was very calm and poised when he had the puck.

SDA: Kid's got potential. Reminds me a lot of Marner. He was all over the ice and didn't look out of place.

Liljegren: His skating his great, so smooth. He showed flashes of brilliance, however at times he tried to do too much and got caught out of position.

Gordeev: Played a very solid game. Didn't make any flashy plays but held his own on the backend. He's a massive body who moves quite well.

Grundstrom: Really liked what I saw from him. I'm expecting him to make the opening night roster. He layed out some pretty big hits while showing great flashes of offence.

Nielson: My goodness, I knew he was slow but not this slow. Got walked around and made some really sloppy decisions all game. Not a good showing at all.

Other players who I thought did good were: Sandin, Dzurzi & Brooks.

That's just my opinion. Im just excited to watch some hockey again!

member 300185

You guys need to lighten up on Nielson. Its his first game for crap sakes! He'll be fine.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Really liked Grundstroms's game. Hope he makes the team this year in the 4th line

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Liljegren got caught too many times for my liking. Needs to work on that. He helped a lot of offense, but he was also directly responsible for a few goals too.
I saw him pinching and no one covering. It is exactly what he is supposed to do. It is up to his mates to drop back and cover. He wasn't "caught". He's just so far above everyone here.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya I was hoping he could take the next step but sadly he has yet to do so

If anything he seems to be going backwards rather than progressing

I think he's going to be ditched in some sort of bigger trade just to free up an extra contract spot

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
If anything he seems to be going backwards rather than progressing

I think he's going to be ditched in some sort of bigger trade just to free up an extra contract spot
All of Sandin, Marincin (should he clear) and one of Rosen or Borgman would play ahead of him.
I don't see him being a Growler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
All of Sandin, Marinin (should he clear) and one of Rosen or Borgman would play ahead of him.
I don't see him being a Growler.

I think Sandin will end up in Sweden but I wouldn't be using Nielsen as a top 6 for the Marlies unless there's injuries that's for damn sure

Rosen Borgman LoVerde Liljegren Durzi Holl Subban are all in front of him imo

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Missed the game and any highlights would be cool.

So is gordeev as fast as they say he is for his size? Could be a solid stay at home dman.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Good game overall, the rookies look good Bracco played a good game Lillijegren was very good. We scored the first overtime goal though it counted as much as The US it's team's goal at the WJC. To sum: the future looks bright, perhaps the present for Lili.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad