Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Getting stoked, I’m expecting a big response game from Matthews/Nylander and with Eichel in town he should be very motivated

Leafs projected lineup:

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Engvall-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Moore-Gauthier-Spezza
Timashov

Rielly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Ceci
Marincin-Liljegren

Andersen
Hutchinson

Reactions: Rogue Leader

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Wow... Timashov and Gauthier do a great job getting the insurance goal and one of them likely have to come out for Moore.

Maybe Spezza takes a seat?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I love Spezza, but I don't think he has played well enough to say in the lineup. My main beef is the neutral zone turnovers; if not for that I'd say let Goat sit.

Mega huge game. First game home after a western road trip... going to take a solid effort to pull this one out. Not must win, but as close as you are going to get in Dec.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Timashov made McDavid look like a goof. For that alone, I hope he stays in the lineup. I'd sit Spezza, he's been ineffective with lots of turnovers lately.

Very excited to watch Liljegren play! Hope he gets some decent minutes and shows that he's better than Ceci.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I’m not a big fan of Spezza on the 4th line either. And if I had to guess, I don’t think Keefe is either.

I think he’s solely in for the purpose of the 2nd unit Powerplay, since it has been so garbage this year.

But 4th line should be for Fast and Robust players who can backcheck and create energy. Spezza skill set doesn’t fit 4th line duties

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Timashov made McDavid look like a goof. For that alone, I hope he stays in the lineup. I'd sit Spezza, he's been ineffective with lots of turnovers lately.

Very excited to watch Liljegren play! Hope he gets some decent minutes and shows that he's better than Ceci.

Hopefully this is the time Liljegren says I won’t this, i deserve this and I’m taking it. Then we could trade Ceci or waive him. Barrie can go when Sandin gets back from the Wjhcs too. Bring on our homegrowns

Huge game. Matthews,Tavares, Nylander and Marner need tolead us through this climb back up the standings and a sprinkle of offense and great energy from the bottom 6 to boot.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hopefully this is the time Liljegren says I won’t this, i deserve this and I’m taking it. Then we could trade Ceci or waive him.

Trading Ceci is one thing but saying we should waive him is so Stupid.

His play has not warranted a waive. It would be complete asset mismanagement.

Overall this dude has actually been pretty solid. Just because he didn’t meet 1st pairing duties doesn’t mean we should just waive the guy for the sake of it

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Trading Ceci is one thing but saying we should waive him is so Stupid.

His play has not warranted a waive. It would be complete asset mismanagement.

Overall this dude has actually been pretty solid. Just because he didn’t meet 1st pairing duties doesn’t mean we should just waive the guy for the sake of it

It covers Liljegren salary if there are no takers at least. Much more position for success with third pairing minutes. Way to much money for 5/6 defenseman

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

We NEED him to be good going forward

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I’m not a big fan of Spezza on the 4th line either. And if I had to guess, I don’t think Keefe is either.

I think he’s solely in for the purpose of the 2nd unit Powerplay, since it has been so garbage this year.

But 4th line should be for Fast and Robust players who can backcheck and create energy. Spezza skill set doesn’t fit 4th line duties

Yup. Spezza was at his best filling in as the 3rd line centre.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Yup. Spezza was at his best filling in as the 3rd line centre.

I think Spezza is fine anywhere in the top 9. He even looked fine playing on the Wing when Marner was hurt.

But yeah the key being Spezza playing with more skilled forwards.

He’s too slow and soft for the 4th Line

Reactions: glue

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Hopefully this is the time Liljegren says I won’t this, i deserve this and I’m taking it. Then we could trade Ceci or waive him. Barrie can go when Sandin gets back from the Wjhcs too. Bring on our homegrowns

Huge game. Matthews,Tavares, Nylander and Marner need tolead us through this climb back up the standings and a sprinkle of offense and great energy from the bottom 6 to boot.
That would be awesome to see

Homegrown - hg

Hyman hg Tavares Marner hg
Nylander hg Mathews hg Kapp hg
Engvall hg Kerfoot Soup hg
Tima hg Goat hg Moore hg

Mo hg Lily hg
Dermy hg Sandin hg
Muzz Holl

Would be nice to have 14 out of 18 be homegrown talent
We really have done a good job drafting
And still some down at the farm waiting and in juniors and abroad