Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Lightning-well lets see what we have

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Flip a coin. If we get an engaged and aggressive Leafs team they could run the game over, though Tampa is a very good team. If they are still bored and disinterested then they'll get thumped again.

The effort on the road trip wasn't great, but it also wasn't the end of the world. The opposing goalies were fantastic and we just didn't get any puck luck. Our own goalies looked good and if that steady goaltending can carry though to the end of the season we should be okay. Those losses were the kind of games that individually or even in a row wouldn't be that big of a deal. The opponents are all hot right now (despite their terrible records) and their goalies stood on their heads. But it's obviously still concerning in the greater context that the Leafs couldn't rise to the occasion at all. It certainly proves that they haven't turned the corner like the 3 wins the previous week had hinted, that it's going to be a battle the whole rest of the way. But all we really need is the goalies to keep playing well, while the defense gets healthy. The depth forwards have been playing a little better and Matthews + Nylander are incredible. Just need JT and Marner to get their games going and we'll be in really good shape. Of course, this is the Leafs we're talking about here so prepare for the worst.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
not a must win, but depending on how the panthers game goes tonight, id feel a lot better if Toronto could pull another Tampa win out of their ass

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The 1st game back from and West coast swing historically for eastern teams does not have a strong track record of success.

That said Lightning after have 2 X 10 game winning streaks already this year have put themselves comfortable into a playoff spot in the Atlantic, and now appear to be on cruise control coasting into the playoffs and resting up without giving 100% each game.

With TB vs Toronto a potential 1st round series matchup it will be interesting to see how the Leafs respond and how TB responds in this game.

TB can help determine if they want to play Leafs or Panthers by how they perform in this game. Leafs need the 2 points badly and that should show in their compete level.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I don't know what to expect.
That's been real hard for a leafs fan this year and lately. In the past, we always could be depending on tucker, clark, gilmour, drunk belfour, sundin, roberts, corson, carlyle, orr, mclaren, brown, fraser, domi, doing their thang and making fools pay. The price. Even when they almost lost and lost, they made them pay the price, big tyme. Mayne those were some hard faces. Pat Quinn, Burns and dirt...... mayne they hard.

Our new dolls. Mayne, I'm laughing out loud. We soft and tender, we ain't doin what others are. We ain't no latin thugs, we just plain dolls. Look at us go. So yeah sire, I don't expect a thuggish ruggish effort neither. Just a game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Found out my first will be a baby boy today, hope this results in some good luck because I’m stoked.

Paging Leafs analytics team: What are the chances the Leafs win after a fan finds out the gender of their first-born child on the day before a game?

This will be a key factor to the Leafs success.

Congrats either way.

Reactions: Cobra777

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We may play well, we may not
Who knows what your going to get out of this lot

We butchered the California trip so any leeway we had is gone now, that's what happens when you underperform against teams you should beat

I'm almost as apathetic as the team, if they don't care enough to compete why would I care what happens to us?

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
We may play well, we may not
Who knows what your going to get out of this lot

We butchered the California trip so any leeway we had is gone now, that's what happens when you underperform against teams you should beat

I'm almost as apathetic as the team, if they don't care enough to compete why would I care what happens to us?

Ya, we need to start winning our games and not rely on Florida to lose theirs. We are playing with fire. A winning streak longer than 3 games would be really helpful right now.

Reactions: Kiwi

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hopefully we get the 2 points. After last week Florida is back to being right behind us!

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Looks like rielly is back boys and girls.

also, jt / marner back together.

Let’s go

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

That's great, and might work out REAL well too! Win wise, but putting hyman also with tavares straight up and marner woul dbe the ideal thang. It was our best line in the past, clearly.

But yeah even this thang might be aaight. I don't like kapanen as a sycle player though on tha tline. Kapanen's brain aint that lion great. He aaight and tight, but his game IQ ain't twerkin like mines is.

DO better. Do the right thang like spike lee do.

Reactions: TmlHockeyFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad