Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Loverboy is good but they aren’t the best band ever. Hell they aren’t even the best Canadian band ever.

However, they are/were very underrated in the music world.
I don’t think they are underrated at all. Most people I talk to think they are number one and even their drummer Neil Peart is often considered the best drummer of all time.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
All this talk of the best band and nobody says LOVERBOY?? I mean, how can any of those other bands be the best, they didn’t even wear spandex. LOVERBOY tore down the Berlin Wall and changed history forever. LOVERBOY backed up Tina Turner on her 1988 “Steel Wheels” tour. Best band ever. No question.

? Steel Wheels was the Rolling Stones right? I saw that tour at Exhibition Place in '89. Living Colour opened. Only real song they ever had was Cult of Personality (still love it). Strange fact: do people know the lead singer of Living Colour was Cory Glover who played Francis (well) in Platoon?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
? Steel Wheels was the Rolling Stones right? I saw that tour at Exhibition Place in '89. Living Colour opened. Only real song they ever had was Cult of Personality (still love it). Strange fact: do people know the lead singer of Living Colour was Cory Glover who played Francis (well) in Platoon?
I like that whole album -- Vivid. 'Open Letter to a Landlord' is another standout.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Oh right you are. It was “The Kids are Alright” tour. I get those mixed up.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Would love nothing more for Wayne to bury someone. Maybe Benn for good measure

stewpac

Nov 30, 2015
If the coach of our opposition is claiming we’re dirty after the very game consider me one happy guy.

Reactions: stickty111

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I love it when emotions are running high before a game, especially a Hockey Night in Canada game. This almost reminds me of the level of venom between the Islanders and Leafs back in 2019.

More importantly, there's a serious lack of Electric Light Orchestra in this thread. Evil Woman, Sweet Talkin' Woman, Mr. Blue Sky, Turn to Stone - these songs can go toe-to-toe with the best of the Beatles' catalog, no question. Also let's hear it for our American friends, Steely Dan and Toto. Two of the smoothest, most talented studio musician groups who left an indelible footprint mark on popular music that is still felt to this day. And don't even get me started on the Beach Boys!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
My problem is always the same: I've listened to these bands so much over the last 40 years I forget how great the music is so my opinion turns on a dime. I've probably listened to Led Zeppelin the most and a lot of their content is dead to me now as a result. And then inevitably I remember one I didn't listen to too much:

I saw Robert Plant live at Massey Hall a few years back here in Toronto....hearing "That's The Way" and some other classics gave me chills down my spine. That man is a legend.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
My problem is always the same: I've listened to these bands so much over the last 40 years I forget how great the music is so my opinion turns on a dime. I've probably listened to Led Zeppelin the most and a lot of their content is dead to me now as a result. And then inevitably I remember one I didn't listen to too much:

I know the feeling. At one point I felt like I never want to hear another Beatles song again, enough already. But then 10 years go by and I can tolerate them again but still feel saturated. But they're still the best band ever, though my choice for best album ever would be Dark Side of the Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino