image.jpg

image.jpg

TV - Sportsnet

Last edited:

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
First!

I'm really looking forward to this first matchup of Matthews and Laine. I REALLY hope we win, a little extra today.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Please , Please , Please DESTROY the Laughs tonight and then the Oilers ... God i hate those two teams with a passion !!! Giver , Giver apple river !!!

Coach G

Oct 1, 2015
In the corners
Please , Please , Please DESTROY the Laughs tonight and then the Oilers ... God i hate those two teams with a passion !!! Giver , Giver apple river !!!

I hated the Leafs as much in the 90s as I hated the Oilers in the 80s... but they've both been so bad for so long that I can barely muster up a mild distaste for them these days. I find that I can only really hate teams that are actually good. Oh, and Pittsburgh. I hate them even when they suck.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I hated the Leafs as much in the 90s as I hated the Oilers in the 80s... but they've both been so bad for so long that I can barely muster up a mild distaste for them these days. I find that I can only really hate teams that are actually good. Oh, and Pittsburgh. I hate them even when they suck.
The laughs i hate mostly because of the media coverage , it's all they talk about ALL the time. :rant:The Oilers i hate because they beat us ALL the time in the late 80's and early 90's . :cry:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
The laughs i hate mostly because of the media coverage , it's all they talk about ALL the time. :rant:The Oilers i hate because they beat us ALL the time in the late 80's and early 90's . :cry:

I also hate when original 6 teams come to our barn and the place is half filled with their jerseys. Bugs me. I get the history, but come on...if the Jet's ever get on to a play-off run i hope all those folks who wear leafs jerseys and cheer for the Leafs when they come to MTS Center don't plan on getting on the party train with us Jet's fans.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Do you think it's too harsh or may I play you song of my people?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada

Bit of a stretch to call the 90's leafs good. I guess they had one decent season.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I also hate when original 6 teams come to our barn and the place is half filled with their jerseys. Bugs me. I get the history, but come on...if the Jet's ever get on to a play-off run i hope all those folks who wear leafs jerseys and cheer for the Leafs when they come to MTS Center don't plan on getting on the party train with us Jet's fans.

It's gonna need a generation to phase out, I think. I was a Leafs fan until the Jets came back (and a couple of seasons into it as well). As a Jets STH, though, it wasn't hard to switch to the team I was paying all that money to - but someone who's not going to see the Jets on a regular basis is going to stick to their team from the non-Jets period a lot longer.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Matthews -4 no points
Laine 1 goal game winner 2 assist

Nylander -4 no points
Ehlers 1 goal 1 assist

Marner -2 no points
Connor 1 goal

Jets 7
Leafs 1

Perfect :)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Alright, so it's on Sportsnet. Prepare for "And the Matthews game is Matthews Matthews going Matthews pretty Matthews Marner Matthews well Matthews for Matthews Matthews by the Matthews way did you Matthews know how many Matthews goals Matthews Matthews scored Matthews Marner Matthews Nylander in his Matthews debut?"

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Don't care how many points either rookie gets or who has the "better" game.... all that ever matters anytime you play the Leafs is beating them.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

It is professional sports and people can cheer for whichever team they choose.
I don't get the hatred, they are hockey fans there to cheer on their favorite team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad