Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs- game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Anyways as I said elsewhere, get Nash the hell out of the lineup. Literally one of the worst offensive players in the league, we don't need a shutdown guy against a team of 3rd liners

Also I love Dubas but not getting Hall looked stupid before and worse now that we've lost an offensive star

Last edited:

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
I like Nash, but we should not need him to get by Montreal. Give him more time to skate and get his legs under him and if we have additional players go down or make it to the second round he is a terrific player to sub in. But if he's not at 100 percent no way a player who has had no time to play and mesh with the team and who does not have his legs under him should be in there.

Hammer into Engvall and Galchenyuk that playing a defensively responsible game needs to be a priority. But right now I have more faith in Galchehyuk finding and burying a rebound to the slot and Engvall's speed causing disruptions and odd man rushes.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
CAMPBELL?!!??

jesus christ..

homie better just be resting

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Dermott should be playing. He has experience over Sabdin and him and Bogo were a great 3rd pair for most of the regular season.

Joe and Simmonds shouldn't play much on the PP.

1st unit don't put Joe on it. Go

Nylander- Matthews - Hyman

Rielly - Marner

This is must win for me. Can't go down 2-0 to this Habs team. We should be winning this in 5. Price and some posts got them game 1 but now they shouldn't win another game this series

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Love those lines.

This is the part in the story where Foligno becomes well worth a 1st+

Last year with Columbus in the playoffs he played center and averaged 23 minutes a game.

Edit, I stand slightly correct... Foligno only took about 30 faceoffs in the playoffs last year so didn't play a lot of center, but the year previous he was Columbus's 1B center.
Point still stands that he's fully capable of being a 2c.

Last edited:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Love those lines.

This is the part in the story where Foligno becomes well worth a 1st+

Last year with Columbus in the playoffs he played center and averaged 23 minutes a game.

Definitely time for him to show something. But I think he played on the wing with Wennberg (C) and Atkinson (RW).

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I just noticed that Nash had a 4% xGf% last night. Mikheyev was at 8 and Joe was at 16. JFC no wonder we lost. The entire bottom six got lit up like a Christmas tree.

At least with Nash and Mikheyev it was because they were doing absolutely nothing offensively, but were also giving up very little defensively.

Thornton was one of our worst defensively while still not doing much offensively.

The optics look bad yanking Thornton after just one playoff game, which is why he survives, but if he continues to play like this and we are struggling to win then Keefe must take him out. Especially with Tavares out and us needing our 12 best forwards on every given night. Thornton is not one of the 12 best forwards even with Tavares' injury.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad