Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers- December 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Barrie can do both of those and bring in one timer threats.

We need the one timer

Objectively Babcock dropped the ball by just supporting the vet (Rielly) vs. Barrie.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Powerplays look fantastico suckas! Mayne we tight like Lopez!

Barrie finna murda again, again again and again. :clap:

Keefe knowing thangs and moving thangs. Making an impact.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Well I have nothinf bad to say of Keefe. He is making all the line changes I have been supporting. I will be fully satisfied when I see how Mikheyev and Matthews would work out.

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
Do we know which Goalie gets the start?.

I think Hutch/Kask should start the second game cause even with Freddy in Net vs the Avs we could still lose

Reactions: Rogue Leader

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. I think Dubas (and possibly Keefe) are higher on Johnsson than most, and will continue to give him 1st line minutes, despite him playing like a 3rd liner. Hyman may not produce as many points, but he's the more effective player and would open up more space for Matthews and Nylander IMO.
Hyman needs to get his leg strength back first. He's slow and really weak on the puck right now.

Knee injuries are brutal though. I've had surgeries on both and it was two years before I got decent strength back in all my muscles again.

Now Hyman is in much better shape than me obviously and they have stength coaches/doctors etc. but it will still probably be a bit before he is normal again.

Once we see that then maybe he gets bumped up, but I like Johnsson on that line as well.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
While that is fair a guy like Hainsey played every game and was close to leading the team in ice time last year at a similar age. Spezza plays probably half as many minutes per game too.

I just think he has been too good to rotate out but I get why a coach may want to keep him fresh by not playing back to backs.
He should be playing over Gauthier though. I like Spezza and Gauthier for what they provide but you don't sit Spezza two games in a row coming off 8 points in 8 games.

Also why is Spezza bumping from 3rd line C to scratched? Shouldn't the progression be to bump everybody down one peg?

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
While that is fair a guy like Hainsey played every game and was close to leading the team in ice time last year at a similar age. Spezza plays probably half as many minutes per game too.

I just think he has been too good to rotate out but I get why a coach may want to keep him fresh by not playing back to backs.

And he was ineffective for many of his games and wore out for the playoffs.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
And he was ineffective for many of his games and wore out for the playoffs.
Ya but he was also getting used in some of the hardest usage in the league rather than like 10-12 mins Spezza is getting.

I understand the reasoning for back to backs but he has been too good to scratch.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Flyers are a team the Leafs may very well be fighting for to get a WC spot.

If they can't get up for this game with Freddie in net, it will be surprising. We owe them for the Nov 9 game.

Commence beatdown. Give Gritty a few dirty looks too for good measure.

Their GDT is awesome though....go check it out if you haven't.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Marner's close?

I thought he'd spend some significant time away with his high ankle sprain but if he's close to returning it's been a quicker recovery than I was expecting

Roster trim coming up shortly, there's going to be some tough decisions to make

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
He should be playing over Gauthier though. I like Spezza and Gauthier for what they provide but you don't sit Spezza two games in a row coming off 8 points in 8 games.

Also why is Spezza bumping from 3rd line C to scratched? Shouldn't the progression be to bump everybody down one peg?

I wonder if it's because they'll be making a few moves soon

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
The flyers have 35 points in 27 games. gulp.

We played them twice. One SO loss and one SO win.
This is the last time we play them this season.

If we somehow end up tied with them at the end of the season and it goes to a tie breaker for a wildcard spot -
WE MUST WIN THIS GAME.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marner's close?

I thought he'd spend some significant time away with his high ankle sprain but if he's close to returning it's been a quicker recovery than I was expecting

Roster trim coming up shortly, there's going to be some tough decisions to make
Most likely Wednesday he is back.

Reactions: ToMaLe and Kiwi

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
JVR playing on the fourth line.

Dodged a bullet there.

JVR is baffling. The dude should be leading the team in goals based on the opportunities he creates. That he has failed to capitalize on basically all of them is bordering on impressive. Lesser fatties would have at least accidentally finished on some of those chances, but JVR has been truly dedicated to the art of being infuriating.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I am some excited to see that PP when Marner is back wow. We will finally see our big 4 together ;).

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad