Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flames friday night gezame

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This is it y'all. We might be getting the skater, Johnny-T back as our captain :clap: We truly need that sucka hard, as soon as possible. Even playing injured. He that important spirit wise. Simmonds too, the real talker. Bunting got that talk game too. Tavvy leading by example on that there. He ain't have to say anything, he looks the part. Just like Yzerman.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
After a hot start flames are 1-1-2 in their last 4, and they'll be on a back to back and might even start their backup.

That being said, the Flames don't look fluky so far - they have maybe the best underlying performance numbers in the league so far.

So we should win but could easily screw it up if we take it lightly.

Screenshot_20211111-141802_Sheets.jpg

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
After a hot start flames are 1-1-2 in their last 4, and they'll be on a back to back and might even start their backup.

That being said, the Flames don't look fluky so far - they have maybe the best underlying performance numbers in the league so far.

So we should win but could easily screw it up if we take it lightly.

View attachment 479123

Isn't Coleman hurt?

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Calgary Flames are one tough team & surprisingly good, it's a good thing they're catching them on a back to back at home.

Big factor will be if the Flames play Markstrom against the Habs or if they save him for the Leafs in their B2B.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Leafs win and none of the core 4 score.

Is that even possible? Any chance D men could chip in with a goal.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

A few things.

Looks like Markstrom is playing tonight.

Their lineup really doesn't jump out as good as they've been playing but we'll see.

Also Eric Francis I used him to find their lineup but guy is a dbag.

Reactions: PromisedLand

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

A few things.

Looks like Markstrom is playing tonight.

Their lineup really doesn't jump out as good as they've been playing but we'll see.

Also Eric Francis I used him to find their lineup but guy is a dbag.

"legit top 6 forwards"

Coleman 36pts career high
Mangiapane 32pts career high

Different standards than the media has for Toronto, seems like.

Reactions: MattySnipes and kb

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Only Canadian team that I really don’t hate, probably because their fan bases aren’t crybabies (Still don’t want to them win the cup though ).
Johnny-Tea is going to murder these others tomorrow though, just for YOU SIRE :clap: AND YOU CAN BANK ON IT. Invest hard senor. We is going to prevail, again and again. With OUR talent(!!!) And OUR money!!!!

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
"legit top 6 forwards"

Coleman 36pts career high
Mangiapane 32pts career high

Different standards than the media has for Toronto, seems like.

Yup exactly. I found some more tweets too about Mangiapane and apparently hockey Canada is looking at him for team Canada lol... yeah okay.

Good for him having a great year so far but I agree... shit is getting over the top.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Only Canadian team that I really don’t hate, probably because their fan bases aren’t crybabies (Still don’t want to them win the cup though ).

Agreed. I was out west for a while there. Calgary fans are great. They chirp but all in good fun. Good for them for having a good start but I don't know if I believe it.

Should be an interesting game. They'll be tired though so Leafs should come out flying.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Calgary Flames are one tough team & surprisingly good, it's a good thing they're catching them on a back to back at home.

Big factor will be if the Flames play Markstrom against the Habs or if they save him for the Leafs in their B2B.
Have they improved over last year?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Flames are that good. Markstrom behind a Sutter defensive system that likes to counter.

Don't think Markstrom is starting though so Leafs could pull it out.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, I don't mind the Flames personally. I have no feelings towards them really whereas Edmonton and its fans can suck a fat one.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad