GDT: Leafs vs Ducks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Jones was good against them last time, then again Dostal was pretty amazing too. Get up early we should be okay.

Bruins re-take the lead. :(

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
This feels like a loss, Keefe will not have them prepared and be outcoached. A low motivated team conditioned to not care about low ranking opponents. The usual playing down to their level.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Out of towner, but a big Leafs fan today as my son and I are in Toronto for the first time and going to the game tonight.

We did the HHOF and touched the Stanley Cup this afternoon and look to close out a big hockey day with a Leafs win tonight!
Welcome to Toronto.

Enjoy the visit and safe travels to you both.

Reactions: denverdevil

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I get that the leafs will have ratings no matter what, but such a waste to put terrible opponents in prime TV slots. It's not like the league couldn't have predicted that Columbus, San Jose and Anaheim would be terrible this season.
Aside from the fact that scheduling is never easy, Canadian players on those teams also like being in HNIC.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Jeez Louise, Keefe is putting 2 LHD from the Marlies on the 3rd pairing, rather than put in RHD Timmins?

Tell me you hate Timmins without telling me you hate Timmins, Keefe.

Guy is just brutal with young players.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Out of towner, but a big Leafs fan today as my son and I are in Toronto for the first time and going to the game tonight.

We did the HHOF and touched the Stanley Cup this afternoon and look to close out a big hockey day with a Leafs win tonight!
Nice! Enjoy!

I’m in the land of smoked meat and poutine. Might go watch the Habs lose if there is time after dinner. That’s always a good time. Alternative is watch the Leafs at my In Laws :laugh:
That's true love.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
100% chance of Ryan Reaves dropping the gloves tonight. Either with Johnston or Gudas.

Also only the media is hyping up the Gudas photo. Fans have literally moved on and do not care anymore. Like what is this forced narrative?

Regardless Im fine with someone dropping the gloves with Gudas if it comes do it.

Gudas is still an elite open-ice hitter. The guys need to keep their heads up. Especially Robertson

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Sucks can leave Gudas behind if they like. Leafs could find a use for him.
Treliving went after him hard in the offseason but Gudas said he had no interest in playing for the Leafs.

Pretty sure he said the same thing as Orielly. Something about too big of a market and media

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Ducks fans in their GDT complaining about officiating being in the Leafs back pocket lol.
This is one of the nastiest narratives in the NHL. The leafs have so many haters, they force themselves to say that all the time. Same goes for the narrative that they're still "Soft".

Literally, any statistic they search would prove this to be false. But nope, common sense goes out the door when it comes to the leafs

Didnt Bobby McMann literally get wrongfully thrown out the game last time against them over a clean hit?? :laugh:

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
This feels like a loss, Keefe will not have them prepared and be outcoached. A low motivated team conditioned to not care about low ranking opponents. The usual playing down to their level.
So depressing but very possible. Would not be home stretch hockey battling for playoff lives. They need to find that.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
surely dostal cannot put up another 55 save performance right?

This game is worrying because the previous game jones was also able to match dostal, not in quantity but quality. His game is falling off now and so we can't expect him to keep us in it, need a good performance infront of him.

Get ahead and early, build on it and don't give the ducks a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad