Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Canes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
View attachment 670650

It was those pads. At the start of everyone having custom painted helmets and matched pads he kept rockin those boring beat up whites.
Definitely sire. My otha brother respected that man also. He played in goal and had those Roy type of equipment know what I'm saying.

Interesthang to see how we do now tonight when holl is out and so many of our souljas had wished that happening mayne

Looking like Sammy tonight, Murray tomorrow.

Should be a good one tonight. I expect some goals. Looking at Carolinas D ... they get quite a bit of their points from the back end.

Sammy cool, he fly. He a monsta F of our lives.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
No he didn't deserve it. Keefe said that he was being out of the lineup because he got roughened up against Edmonton, which implies he was injured. Lily himself said he wasn't injured. It was just a way for Keefe to get the overload of defence a chance to play, but instead of scratching someone like Holl, he scratched him. His confidence is shot thanks to Keefe.

Actually, it tends to apply more to older players that are used to playing full NHL seasons, and that have established routines, know how to pace, and take a bit to ramp up.
"Lost"? "Threatening Liljegren to play perfectly or he'd be out of the lineup"? Good lord, exaggerate much?
Liljegren sat for all of 2 games, when he had just been roughed up the game prior, and there were a bunch of new defensemen to try out.

If he cant handle being good or being scratch, how can he handle playoff pressure??? he will never be able to handle playoff pressure...

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Impossible... I was told there was no way this would happen (even though he did it a few weeks ago) by the same group that has been wrong about Keefe so many times.

Keefe is finding the best lineup with 11-7 and people are complaining.
Well let's see if Holl plays again a few games from now. He really shouldn't play ever again.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Impossible... I was told there was no way this would happen (even though he did it a few weeks ago) by the same group that has been wrong about Keefe so many times.

I'm afraid of what will happen if Carolina scores, I mean who'll be blamed with Holl sitting in the press box. Will LeaFland actually see that everyone makes mistakes, and that mistakes often lead to goals, or that sometimes just like the Leafs superior skills sometimes get the puck into the back of the net.

Anyway I'm just kidding around don't mean to be a total twat, we'll maybe I do, but nevertheless it's a great weekend for hockey. Went to the Avs game last night, Senators almost pulled it out at the last second. We've got a huge test for the Bud's tonight, hopefully they come away with the deuce, and MM has his usual game v the Canes.

The Leafs will be in town here on Sat, I'm going with my oldest boy who's turning 30, he'll be wearing his Sundin road jersey, and I'll be wearing my Marner outdoor white. Should be a great time. It would be great if Matthews reproduced his very first game heroics and plants 4 into Ottawas net.

Have fun!

GLG

Enjoy the game tonight

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
The only way he can handle playoff pressure is if he gets in games.

If hes not good enough like its the case since mccabe trade... not sure he will "get in game"...

He need to deserve it like it was the case first half of season but not right now

And with leafs deadline add, he need more than never earn his spot because leafs having too many men for roster spot available

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
I'm just a little unclear why it's an unreasonable exaggeration to point out that scratching Liljegren for two games in a row has really hurt his play when we can all see the decline. Conversely, you think the coaching staff are brilliant for playing Giordano every night because even missing a game could set him back. I just don't see much consistency between those two positions. You either have to admit they hurt Liljegren by scratching him, or Giordano might be fine to miss a game here or there.

I also don't know why fitting new defensemen into our lineup is a justification for scratching Liljegren but mysteriously doesn't apply to Giordano
I think that taking a rest shouldn’t affect anyone’s play but after so many years in the league if that’s what Gio has discovered about himself then so be it. A game here or there shouldnt fall into this category tho but multi games in a row should. So I understand the premise but agree with you….it’s contradictory.

7 D is a way to reduce his minutes and keep him in game situations maybe but sweet Moses it’s frustrating to watch. It over plays our forwards especially Marner who plays in all situations. If this leads to a damn injury I’m gonna absolutely explode.

I’ve heard the argument that it keeps our d fresh and we can discover pairings but that seems off. Part of a game with one partner really doesn’t allow chemistry. Sure experiment but give them a full game together.

The other point is, we are very deep on D but not forward. Whe hope Knies comes in and works but why tf not see if McMann works too? It’s not out of the question we need both.

I don’t understand Keefes decisions but as long as it only goes a couple more games before he starts setting our playoff lineup I’ll allow it lol.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I'm afraid of what will happen if Carolina scores, I mean who'll be blamed with Holl sitting in the press box. Will LeaFland actually see that everyone makes mistakes, and that mistakes often lead to goals, or that sometimes Should be a great time.
Holl makes more mistakes then everyone else on the team though. And it’s really not even close.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Well let's see if Holl plays again a few games from now. He really shouldn't play ever again.
He will and it will be the right decision then, just like it's the right decision to sit him tonight.
It goes without saying that the 11- 7 is the right decision now until they go back to 12-6 when that will then be the right decision.

Not sure why some are so adverse to thinking for themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think that taking a rest shouldn’t affect anyone’s play but after so many years in the league if that’s what Gio has discovered about himself then so be it. A game here or there shouldnt fall into this category tho but multi games in a row should. So I understand the premise but agree with you….it’s contradictory.

7 D is a way to reduce his minutes and keep him in game situations maybe but sweet Moses it’s frustrating to watch. It over plays our forwards especially Marner who plays in all situations. If this leads to a damn injury I’m gonna absolutely explode.

I’ve heard the argument that it keeps our d fresh and we can discover pairings but that seems off. Part of a game with one partner really doesn’t allow chemistry. Sure experiment but give them a full game together.

The other point is, we are very deep on D but not forward. Whe hope Knies comes in and works but why tf not see if McMann works too? It’s not out of the question we need both.

I don’t understand Keefes decisions but as long as it only goes a couple more games before he starts setting our playoff lineup I’ll allow it lol.
I have never met a Defenseman that didn't absolutely hate going 7 D.
All players want is a steady rotation with a steady partner.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Gonna be a tough game.

Carolina is a team that plays the same game every single game.

11/7 often leads too mix and matching/no consistency, and that's bad news against a team like this.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Nobody said that. Holl being scratched isn't new - he's been scratched several times this season and was scratched last season going into the playoffs and IN the playoffs for 2 games.

Quite common stuff for players of Holl's caliber.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I have a feeling Schenn is going to play his share of games, even in the playoffs for right or wrong. He simply brings things the others just don't have, especially when the game grinds down to mush.
for 12 minutes a night, sure. anything more it's a stretch that he can be effective against a Boston or Tampa lineup.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto

That actually isn't what's going on here.

The complaint is that Keefe isn't consistent in sitting people, and holding different players to different standards.
Liljegren gets sat because he isn't playing to Keefe's expectations and he say's it publicly. Who else on the Leafs defence has Keefe said the same about, and held them out? Is Liljegren the only player who hasn't played to Keefe's expectations?

Keefe fans like to say that those questioning Keefe are just looking for players to blame and scapegoat, but the irony is rich in that is exactly what Keefe is doing himself by not being consistent on how he holds others accountable. It's very clear who his favorites are, and it's not a good look for him.

...... but again, seeing the posters on the blind as usual Keefe train, that it's overlooked doesn't surprise me, and I will leave it at this.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

1679074286173.png

Go Leafs Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad