Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Pasta is definitely not liking playing against our D corps. He hasn't taken the puck to the inside in a while. Took a typical Brodie fart play to make Pasta look relevant since the first 4 periods of the series.

Just sucks we're missing a legit 2-way D with a shot.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Nylander missed 3 games because of a f***ing headache and Matthews has missed a game and a half because of the flu. Tavares is too f***ing old and Marner has been invisibile. Keefe keeps getting out coached, our powerplay is less than 10% and we put our faith in Sammy once again to watch him let us down, once again.

Oh and we seem to be unable to score more than 2 goals a game and we haven't won at home in 6 games.

I'm sorry if you have hope.
The series is 3-2 with their best player playing bad. Why would this not be used for showing the series is winnable. Boston isn't playing well, we're just not being clutch. 2 games left to change that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The series is 3-2 with their best player playing bad. Why would this not be used for showing the series is winnable. Boston isn't playing well, we're just not being clutch. 2 games left to change that.
You're discussing this with someone who admittedly doesn't watch the games and just whines over what they imagine is happening.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Cute pompoms you got there!
Nothing I've said is inaccurate. Nice attempt at a hand wave.
Nice tail!

1714573820665.png

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Nylander missed 3 games because of a f***ing headache and Matthews has missed a game and a half because of the flu. Tavares is too f***ing old and Marner has been invisibile. Keefe keeps getting out coached, our powerplay is less than 10% and we put our faith in Sammy once again to watch him let us down, once again.

Oh and we seem to be unable to score more than 2 goals a game and we haven't won at home in 6 games.

I'm sorry if you have hope.
I'm as much a non-believer in this group as anyone on this board. I was so fully prepared to watch last night's funeral of the core 4 & the Shanaplan that I even wore black underwear.

...you're allowed to enjoy these moments. Relax. Our season might be done in 31 hours - it's okay to pull the stick out. What does being this miserable after a win even get you?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Again...cute but doesn't disprove anything I've said

I'm as much a non-believer in this group as anyone on this board. I was so fully prepared to watch last night's funeral of the core 4 & the Shanaplan that I even wore black underwear.

...you're allowed to enjoy these moments. Relax. Our season might be done in 31 hours - it's okay to pull the stick out. What does being this miserable after a win even get you?
Because unlike this core, I hate f****** losing

Reactions: arso40

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The only thing I disagree with is the idea that Boston isn't playing well. That implies that they have something more, but the reality is that this is what they are. I think the idea that they can somehow flip a switch and start to dominate games isn't correct. They have also now lost two of their best defensemen in Carlo and Peeke. Their chance to win this series was last night.

Reactions: arso40

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that's awesome!

Agree with enjoying. I'm still so unhappy about so many different things with this team but I still enjoyed the hell out of last night even if it was just one game. I'll never understand these people who say 31 teams fail every year as if there's no difference between an embarrassing 1st round exit and going deep. Right now I'm just begging for them to win one more game so we get more excitement Saturday night.

GLG!!

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I don't. I'm done until next Sept. The indifference in game 4. A do or die game and our team leaders and highest paid players come out flat...AGAIN pushed me over the top.

I'm done with this script. I'm done with this core. They have nothing to offer in the playoffs. I've never seen 11M players get so easily nullified in the games that matters...this is ridiculous and boring at this point.
Snowflake post of the year.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL that's awesome!

Agree with enjoying. I'm still so unhappy about so many different things with this team but I still enjoyed the hell out of last night even if it was just one game. I'll never understand these people who say 31 teams fail every year as if there's no difference between an embarrassing 1st round exit and going deep. Right now I'm just begging for them to win one more game so we get more excitement Saturday night.

GLG!!
The reality is we are going to have plenty of opportunities to break those things down moving forward, but at least for the moment, enjoy the buzz that comes with a really strong playoff performance that you can actually be proud of - we haven't had too many of them over the last 8 years, so when they do come up, enjoy them.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Then lose your marbles when they lose - trust me, they'll give you plenty of opportunity to do that.

Today? It's a beautiful morning. The weather is incredible, and the Leafs are still alive. Smile. It won't hurt your cheeks, I promise.
I don't want the leafs to be alive. I don't want any reason or excuse to let theis core and staff come back next year.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

Good advice. Winning a Cup is so damn hard, some teams are competitive forever and still never get there like San Jose. It's just not a guarantee, you need so many things to go right and it's an absolute grind. We will probably never win one, so may as well enjoy the highs in between where possible.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
That is for my second sentence. We are not taking advantage of their best player having low impact across the entire 60 minute.

I should have included PP numbers too. So bad.

Who cares about the last 7 years, he looks like shit in this one and we need to win this one
Agreed.

Honestly if special teams wasn't so abysmal this series would be 3-2 leafs

Pasta has also not looked like shit in the postseason for 8 f***ING YEARS.
Eh i wouldn't say that. His last three have been pretty bleh

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I don't want the leafs to be alive. I don't want any reason or excuse to let theis core and staff come back next year.
I get it; I'm pretty much right there with you.

But it's hard to tell fans not to fan. I do worry about hopes being dashed if they do go a little hard, but they may be used to it anyway.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If we pull off a miracle comeback against Boston and then get squashed by Florida, I honestly don't think the long term outlook will change.
That’s the thing. I don’t think the outlook will change even if they beat Bruins and go toe to toe with Panthers till the very end, if our tops guys still underperform.
The team played great last night but they still couldn’t score.
Ofcourse if they start scoring like Avs and lose, that might be a different story.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Good advice. Winning a Cup is so damn hard, some teams are competitive forever and still never get there like San Jose. It's just not a guarantee, you need so many things to go right and it's an absolute grind. We will probably never win one, so may as well enjoy the highs in between where possible.

We've all been so consumed with first round exit after first round exit, that we've completely forgotten how bleak all those non-playoff years were. Great point about San Jose. Or Buffalo. Or Ottawa. Columbus. The list goes on.

While this era of Leafs hockey, for me personally, has been the most difficult to stomach, it's certainly not the bleakest hockey we've seen from this organization in the past 30+ years. Enjoy the moments that warrant it. They are still 3-2 down, and will likely still lose the series, meaning we will all get our fill of off-season doom/gloom and tearing them apart.

But that's tomorrow's, or next week's problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad