Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
As far as us playing Boston or Florida, it's only fair that old debts are paid before the newer ones. Assuming we win, that us. If we lose, we owe a debt to the big-nosed little snake to insure he's paid back to the extent he isn't healthy enough to play beyond the first round.

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
8n12z6.jpg

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Leafs can do the bullying this time around as we are the much heavier team, which is refreshing.

Boston have two elite goalies and tight checking team D, not many freebies out there. Leafs can win, core will have to get out of their own heads though. No more, no less.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Leafs can't fall for the toughness trap and make frequent trips to the penalty box. They have a pk% of 76%.
I remember 2019. Bad PK killed that team. If I remember correctly, they were below 50% against boston.
yes we outplayed them at 5v5 but our special teams sucked as usual

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
As usual... Goaltending is a question mark.
We cant allocate money to a legit top 10 goalie

The big 5 guys will make 62% of an 87.5M cap next year.

EIther the big 5 deliver deep results this year or we got to move 2 of them out and reallocate our money.

3rd option being worst case scenerio where we lose this series and run it back for a 9th time with 4/5M spent on shoddy/unproven goaltending

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Prediction contest thread on which Leaf gets suspended by game 2?
It's 100% going to be Edmundson, Domi or McCabe. Gun to my head, I'm going McCabe (even though I think it's Domi).

Knies will take some penalties. McMann, if back in the lineup will take a crucial tripping penalty diving around trying to clear the zone.

Rielly will be fine. Matthews will be fine. One of Marner or Nylander will be very poor. Tavares will be non existent. Our goaltending will cost us 2 games. Sheldon will cost us 1 game but that will be included in the goalies shifting the bed.

Leafs in 6 or 7. Probably 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad