Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
They don't seem to be trying anything different which is frustrating. It looked somewhat better with Bert on the top unit in front of the net, but otherwise it's been the same players and exact same entries and setups (Pass back to carry it in or pass up to JT on the half-wall over and over, stationary passing etc)
They actually switched it up yesterday a couple times by having willy hang bacc a bit from his normal spot so its harder to force them to jt side

Reactions: authentic

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
lets go ahead and "nancy kerrigan" swayman... wink wink

i'll throw in a $50 timmies card, a six pack, an ounce of the finest canadian green, and as a bonus gift, a signed david clarkson jersey ($2.17 value on ebay, shipping & taxes obviously included)*

*the clarkson jersey will be delivered by carrier pigeons (cheapest way to go) (also, the jersey may be covered in bird shit)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I feel the need to repost this.

Listening to yesterday's Overdrive has once again confirmed the desperate need for this PSA.

Bryan Hayes has been present for the last 7 Leafs home playoff games.

The team has lost every single one of those games.

He is bad juju

Someone give him a purple nurple, or an atomic wedgie, or knee-cap him, or anything at all that isn't dangerous, but is a sufficient message to keep his ass out of that building.
News flash. Lots of people have attended all of those playoff games. It’s down to the players not someone in the stands.

Reactions: ITM

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Hate to be a so called gatekeeper to fandom, as someone mentioned so I'll only say that those coming here for psychological therapy wishing the team would loose (and before any idiot gaslighter responds that nobody is doing that...read the posts) ...should really seek out professional help. If you find it so hard to enjoy a f***ing hockey game...stop. Go to a protest and destroy some shit or something. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy by many.
You are softer than 10 ply

Days off after a loss are for bitching, or for exuding hope

Days off after a win are for celebrating

Game days are for cheering for a win

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
lets go ahead and "nancy kerrigan" swayman... wink wink

i'll throw in a $50 timmies card, a six pack, an ounce of the finest canadian green, and as a bonus gift, a signed david clarkson jersey ($2.17 value on ebay, shipping & taxes obviously included)*

*the clarkson jersey will be delivered by carrier pigeons (cheapest way to go) (also, the jersey may be covered in bird shit)
TERRORIST ALERT! I feel compelled to report you to the authorities, Sir. Prepare to meet Thy doom!

:P:P:P

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
The biggest difference between Woll and Samsonov is how often did you see Woll scramble?

Even if Samsonov played and only allowed a single goal, you know there would be 3 or 4 wild scrambles where he's out of position and the forwards have to rush back and protect the net. It significantly impacts the forwards ability to breakout because they're scared to stray too far away from the net because Samsonov may scramble and you got to beat all the Bruins to the puck

Reactions: authentic

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Pasta has had 2 playoffs where he was better than PPG. Less than Matthews and Marner and the same as Nylander

His team has advanced 3 times to the Leafs 1 time,, and he has missed the playoffs twice,, the Leafs have not.

Let's not pretend he has been miles better than the Leafs players.
1714614810148.png

Pasternak
1714614332048.png

Matthews

1714614362849.png

Marner
1714614407697.png

Nylander
1714614453740.png

I dunno about you but comparing their career playoff stats...only one is able to say he's currently averaging a point per game.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Reactions: Evilhomer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad