Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
They lost to the Habs last game, no excuses get er done. Lily gets a promotion, I like it. Gives our 2nd pairing a lot more mobility and break out ability.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Dermott has to be on his way out. Feel bad for the kid - he just hasn't grown his game enough year over year.
Seems like a great kid but he just hasn't progressed enough. Where ever he goes I wish him success. It's not for effort.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Dermott has to be on his way out. Feel bad for the kid - he just hasn't grown his game enough year over year.

I wouldn't let him go. We need depth in case of injuries. He's the only legitimate NHL caliber defenceman we have beyond the top 6.

Reactions: Ciao

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

He just needs to better, he's a really likable guy but you need results in the NHL. That pass up the middle he made last playoffs wasn't just a 1 time thing, he routinely makes bad decisions. I think he still has tons of room to grow and become a legitimate top 4 player, just not sure we can wait long enough for him to figure it out. The raw skills are there just doesn't make the best decisions under pressure.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Winning this game would be awesome as coming out of the AS break, the Canes, Pens and Blues were circled as upcoming big measuring stick test. 2/2 already, 3/3 would be amazing.

I also looked ahead at the next 20 games after tonight. Fairly butter soft. Some tough games vs. Florida, Washington, Minnesota, Carolina and Boston. Could also lump in the Preds and Stars, but otherwise it is really, really soft. Could be quite the run, and let's be honest, 30-8-2 since the poor start is already quite the incredible run, so it would just be a continuation of what we are already seeing.

Reactions: stickty111

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
65uech.jpg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Glad they’ve finally realized Holl is much better suited to the bottom pair. He’s seems to be playing his way off the team.

Reactions: Ciao and francis246

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Lilly in the top 4 has been tried a couple and it hasn't been good, but to be fair the last time I remember it tried Sandin was his defense partner who is also a rookie, tonight he has Muzzin let's see if it goes better with a veteran beside him.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Lilly in the top 4 has been tried a couple and it hasn't been good, but to be fair the last time I remember it tried Sandin was his defense partner who is also a rookie, tonight he has Muzzin let's see if it goes better with a veteran beside him.

liljegren has played a handful of games with Muzzin at this point and only 1 or 2 were problematic imo and in the case of 1 of those it was really just the first period and he was solid thereafter.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think he’ll be fine with Muzzin. Certainly beats the alternative

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Trying a bunch of guys in that spot. Ultimately I think we trade for a top 4 dman.

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin trade
Sandin Holl

I'd give Liljegren a fair shot as I think Sandin/Holl looks good and Liljegren has the ability to be a very solid shutdown D with a really good transition game.

The cost to acquire a better top 4 than Liljegren will be a lot I'd think.

This basically gives us 3 pairings that have some offensive ability or at least can transition the puck well and are also defensively responsible.

Reactions: Ciao

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
they need to break up that second line, they have been dogshit for too long .. dont care what it is , throw all bottom 9 guys bottom guys in a blender and see what sticks.

Reactions: francis246

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Over his last 14 games Liljegren has scored at a 47 point pace without powerplay time and is one of the best defensemen on the team analytically. He's not coming out of the line-up.
I can't wait until Lily puts all this talk to rest. I think he will be great with Muzzin, and help him revive his game.

Reactions: LeafSteel

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
they need to break up that second line, they have been dogshit for too long .. dont care what it is , throw all bottom 9 guys bottom guys in a blender and see what sticks.

agreed maybe move Kase or Mikheyev up and Kerfoot down, something has to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad