Confirmed with Link: Leafs trade Beck, Finn, Gibson, Nilsson and Verhaeghe for Grabner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
upload_2021-3-8_7-31-16.jpeg

Reactions: OddyOh and Lumberg

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
I cannot believe we are considering lamenting a 6 year old trade because 1 of the 5 contract dumps made the NHL

Lets trade away all the prospects. The trade was stupid. Throwing away bunch of players without full evaluation. Verhaeghe was solid in games I have seen before the trade.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Lets trade away all the prospects. The trade was stupid. Throwing away bunch of players without full evaluation. Verhaeghe was solid in games I have seen before the trade.
Carter Verhaeghe was non tendered by the Lightning literally last summer. Five months ago, they let him walk, for free, after he had won a Stanley Cup with them. Let me repeat, the Tampa Bay Lightning let him walk for free, five months ago. He spent three years in their organization and is currently on a 2 year $1m AAV contract. All they had to do was give him a qualifying offer. They let him walk six months ago for the price of a completely buryable contract.

I cannot stress enough how silly it is that anyone would complain about Verhaeghe's time with the Leafs. This is a guy blossoming at 25 in his fourth organization to the surprise of everyone involved.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
Carter Verhaeghe was non tendered by the Lightning literally last summer. Five months ago, they let him walk, for free, after he had won a Stanley Cup with them. Let me repeat, the Tampa Bay Lightning let him walk for free, five months ago. He spent three years in their organization and is currently on a 2 year $1m AAV contract. All they had to do was give him a qualifying offer. They let him walk six months ago for the price of a completely buryable contract.

I cannot stress enough how silly it is that anyone would complain about Verhaeghe's time with the Leafs. This is a guy blossoming at 25 in his fourth organization to the surprise of everyone involved.

Bottom-6 role in Tampa. Limited ice time. But he got to Tampa anyways. Champion now. Tampa were interested enough to bring him in.

Same story with Stralman. Leafs had no talent on defense and still traded him.

They had room on Marlies for Verhaeghe. And threw him away. For nothing. Why not to wait and see?

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
Bottom-6 role in Tampa. Limited ice time. But he got to Tampa anyways. Champion now. Tampa were interested enough to bring him in.

They had room on Marlies for Verhaeghe. And threw him away. For nothing. Why not to wait and see?
LMAO guys don't feed the troll...

Reactions: Lumberg

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
It’s always very obvious when someone does not know how to think beyond total number of points, hilariously in a short sample size, when evaluating players.

A lot of fringe AHL nothing players can put up points if they find a niche as a sidecar winger to an elite duo. That doesn’t make them valuable. We find a handful of them every off season for league min. Move on with your life.

Reactions: LFCTML

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I was all excited when I saw this post a minute ago....my eyes quickly glanced and saw "trade" and "Verhaeghe". Then I realized it was a bump up of an ancient thread. :nono:

Yea, I was scratching my head about it as well. Read about 8 posts before I realized it was from 2015.

Reactions: Stigma

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Tom Kurvers here posting for Mazmin. Please stop the digging, trust me, everything you need to know about bad Leafs trades has been said.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

Wait and see what? he would never have made this team, not with Marner, Nylander, Hyman, Kapanen, Johnsson and Brown ahead of him within 18 months.

Today you still got Marner Nylander Hyman, but now you got Robertson, Simmmonds, Mikyehev, Kerfoot, Thornton Vesey and Boyd all ahead of him.

He would never have made this team

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Only a literal child who plays too much of EA's NHL series would seriously get upset about something like this. Probably thinks we should claim everyone we can on waivers so that we can trade them for picks as well! Now that's asset management!

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada

Since he was traded he's been waived multiple times and non-tendered. Any team, Leafs included, could have picked him up multiple times since then.

This isnt a Leafs messed up story, this is a good on the kid for working and getting to the NHL story.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
I though the days of old trades being bumped on this board were finally over.

6 years later I still remember where, what time of day, and who I was with when THIS trade went through. I think I’m a little too obsessed with this team.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Oh boy, is this the latest "dubas' fault" thread?
Things are going well currently, so we have to bring up "bad" moments from the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad