Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ St Louis - Saturday Night - HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Strangely optimistic about this game. But I’m a Leafs fan.

They have scored 4 goals in their last 3 games and going into STL to play against a heavy, strong defensive team. Judging from your profile picture might your optimism be coming from smoking something that is now legal in Canada ??;)

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
So our 11 mil dollar players can't get anything going by themselves without Hyman, good to know for the future. If they can help us get some wins now, though, that's all that matters.
I think chemistry is very very important. People seem to either not understand that or downplay it.
Yet any coach or player will talk about it and how important it is

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
To say I'm not optimistic about the outcome of this one would be an understatement but I live in hope

I'll take anything, a point, a decent performance, the goaltender standing on his head, absolutely anything

We need something good right now for the team to rally around

Reactions: stickty111

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
They have scored 4 goals in their last 3 games and going into STL to play against a heavy, strong defensive team. Judging from your profile picture might your optimism be coming from smoking something that is now legal in Canada ??;)
Blue and white disease.

Reactions: ToneDog

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think chemistry is very very important. People seem to either not understand that or downplay it.
Yet any coach or player will talk about it and how important it is

My point is that 11 mil dollars are supposed to be franchise type players who prop other players up, they shouldn't need Hyman to prop them up. When Sundin played with Hoglund, who made who better? Sundin made Hoglund better or the other way around? That's my point. I am concerned if Marner-JT need Hyman that much. They should be able to thrive by themselves. I know they don't need Hyman, though. JT has been carrying mediocre line-mates his whole career in NYI. Marner made Bozak and JvR better than they really are.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
My point is that 11 mil dollars are supposed to be franchise type players who prop other players up, they shouldn't need Hyman to prop them up. When Sundin played with Hoglund, who made who better? Sundin made Hoglund better or the other way around? That's my point. I am concerned if Marner-JT need Hyman that much. They should be able to thrive by themselves. I know they don't need Hyman, though. JT has been carrying mediocre line-mates his whole career in NYI. Marner made Bozak and JvR better than they really are.
Marner JT make Hyman better, but that's not chemistry.
It's not a player making the other players on the line better, chemistry is about how the components of the line compliment each other to make the line better. It's an overall view of the results, not the evaluation of the individual parts themselves.
Does that make sense?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Marner JT make Hyman better, but that's not chemistry.
It's not a player making the other players on the line better, chemistry is about how the components of the line compliment each other to make the line better. It's an overall view of the results, not the evaluation of the individual parts themselves.
Does that make sense?

It does. I guess we can agree on 1 thing and that is we just want this team to win. Who plays with who is irrelevant. Whatever combos work, is good enough for me. If they start winning more games with that line, I am not going to complain.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Something inside me tells me Souperman will be good on that line ... it should have happaned by now.
Keefe is so stubborn! His ego will sink this team :sarcasm:
I am willing to give Aberg a shot. He does dig hard in the corners and has a pretty good motor.
Fingers crossed it works, if not dump some soup on that line
:wg:

Reactions: Rogue Leader

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
JT taking another personal day. Hope nothing serious but I wonder if it is something that can be affecting him on the ice. The guy holds his cards close to the vest but he is human and values his family.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Truth By Numbers: How have the Maple Leafs changed under Keefe? - Sportsnet.ca

Some reason for optimism here.

Nothing new about the first one. Although I'd say that the question isn't really accuracy, it's that he's so mindful of the high and wide shot that he focuses on putting it on net first. I think that's partially why he's conversation rate isn't as good as it should.
Knew it was berkshire before i clicked. He is still peddling his slot shot as the quintessention metric for HD shot. It is absolute nonesense. Royal road and behind the net rule the roost for me. Wish somebody would compile and share those metrics.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Matthews has almost zero goals on the road this year. I'm calling a big road trip with 2 Saturday night to start things off.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Outplayed them last time but Andersen cost us the game.

Hoping to see the same effort this time around for the win.

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
I am willing to give Aberg a shot. He does dig hard in the corners and has a pretty good motor.
Hihi, wonderful post! The
nerve of the Keefecock! Pretty excited for Aberg too. My hopes vs the Blues are pretty low.

Reactions: saltming

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Strangely optimistic about this game. But I’m a Leafs fan.
Not so strangely pessimistic! We'll be fortunate to not get our asses kicked but good.

The Blues won the last game only 3-2. They are likely very disappointed with that result.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Matthews - Nylander, Tavares - Marner should be elite no matter who the 3rd wheel is.
Somehow Crosby managed to get by with Kunitz/Dupuis and how much do you talk about the 3rd guy on McDavid’s line?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Not so strangely pessimistic! We'll be fortunate to not get our asses kicked but good.

The Blues won the last game only 3-2. They are likely very disappointed with that result.
I’m not laying down money that’s for sure. I just find as Leafs fans they always get you back on the hook the moment you think all is lost. Probably the performance of the year tomorrow if history is our guide.

Reactions: Brown Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad