Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign RHD John Klingberg (1 year, $4.15M) | UPD 11/23: LTIR

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
Depending on the $$$, a 1 year contract for a guy that can move the puck is OK with me. In the playoffs there was no one minus Rielly that could actually move the puck out of the zone. Defensively... could be an issue though.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
True, but that whole team was a disaster. Not saying he is good defensively, but oof, watching Anaheim's team defense was hilarious last year the few times I watched them.

To be fair, he was bad with the Stars too. In fact, he's been bad defensively throughout his career.

But on a 1-year deal, it's fine. The Leafs do need offense from the backend and he should help with the PP too.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Always thought he was a lefty but a right shot to play 20+ minutes a night on the PP to leave Rielly to play more even strength and PK. I like it.

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
To be fair, he was bad with the Stars too. In fact, he's been bad defensively throughout his career.

But on a 1-year deal, it's fine. The Leafs do need offense from the backend and he should help with the PP too.
Oh yea, you aren't signing him to be a defensive stalwart in any sense. He is for transition and offense from the defense which the Leafs sorely lacked all year. Not sure who pairs with him, but someone steady defensively would be ideal. Who that is... not sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad