Status
Not open for further replies.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
The following was just released by the Maple Leafs media relations:

MAPLE LEAFS SIGN LAROSE, FLAHERTY

(August 5, 2004) -- Eric Danis, general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club, announced Thursday that the club has signed unrestricted free agents Cory Larose and Wade Flaherty to two-year deals. In keeping with club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

Forward Larose, 29, ended the 03-04 HFNHL campaign with the Detroit Red Wings' AHL affilate in Grand Rapids.

The Campleton, New Brunswick native has played a total of 7 NHL games, amasing no goals and one assist

Goaltender Flaherty, 36, was the HFAHL Most Valuable Player during the playoffs this past season...he was 16-5 with a 1.97 and helped his club capture the Calder Cup.

Born in Terrace, British Columbia, Flaherty has played a total of 120 NHL regular season games in his 11-year career.

Both players will battle for roster positions on the club this season.

ALBELIN RUMOURS PREMATURE

Earlier this week, media outlets were reporting that the Leafs had signed unrestricted free agent Tommy Albelin, the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club would like to announce that this is not the case.

Although the Leafs were serious in signing him, Tommy has decided instead to retire in order to spend more quality time with his wife and children, we wish Tommy all the best.

Last edited:

HFNHL Red Wings

Whew, and here I was beginning to think this would be the first year someone did not sign one of my castaways :)

Seriously though he really is an enigma. I always liked him and he continuously put up good numbers in the AHL (never found out what the knock against him was) so I kept resigning him waiting for him to make the NHL in a big way. I almost gave him yet another 1 year contract offer but in the end declined.

Hopefully he will work out for you in Toronto.

godlh

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Just between you and me...

Don't tell Cory or his agent this...but we're not expecting too much from him, we just need bodies on the roster...with the defection of 6 players to Europe, we have no choice...

But I do like the move to Atlanta for him...Randy Robitaille and Serge Aubin did very well in ATL, if Hartley lets his boys play a little run and gun on offense, Cory could surprise...you never know!

Eric

canucksfan_91

Jul 20, 2004
godlh said:
The following was just released by the Maple Leafs media relations:

MAPLE LEAFS SIGN LAROSE, FLAHERTY

(August 5, 2004) -- Eric Danis, general manager of the Toronto Maple Leafs hockey club, announced Thursday that the club has signed unrestricted free agents Cory Larose and Wade Flaherty to two-year deals. In keeping with club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

Forward Larose, 29, ended the 03-04 HFNHL campaign with the Detroit Red Wings' AHL affilate in Grand Rapids.

The Campleton, New Brunswick native has played a total of 7 NHL games, amasing no goals and one assist

Goaltender Flaherty, 36, was the HFAHL Most Valuable Player during the playoffs this past season...he was 16-5 with a 1.97 and helped his club capture the Calder Cup.

Born in Terrace, British Columbia, Flaherty has played a total of 120 NHL regular season games in his 11-year career.

Both players will battle for roster positions on the club this season.

ALBELIN RUMOURS PREMATURE

Earlier this week, media outlets were reporting that the Leafs had signed unrestricted free agent Tommy Albelin, the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club would like to announce that this is not the case.

Although the Leafs were serious in signing him, Tommy has decided instead to retire in order to spend more quality time with his wife and children, we wish Tommy all the best.

Flaherty did not sign with the leafs this year. he signed with the canucks

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
canucksfan_91 said:
Flaherty did not sign with the leafs this year. he signed with the canucks
Sorry to tell you, canucksfan_91, but you've wandered into a fantasy board, where we talk about a simulated league run by people who take the roles of GMs of (HF)NHL teams - i.e. Hockey's Future National Hockey League. The player signing you're commenting on is one fo the player transactinos in this league.

For more information, check us out at www.hfnhl.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad