Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sabres - Saturday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
GettyImages-542983048.0.jpg

Leafs goaltending scout and consultant Brian Daccord, a longtime former pro goaltender and goaltending coach in Europe who also worked as the Boston Bruins' goaltending coach for a couple of years pushed for Woll.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
All im saying is this game shows us where the hockey gods stand

If the roles were flipped, I wouldn’t even watch the game. There would be no point, Buffalo was getting a shutout… we weren’t scoring. No chance at all. I know it. You know it. Your mom, dad, mailman and local news reporters know it

anytime a rookie goalie plays against us, they play lights out Dominik Roy levels of insane

For these exact reasons I 100% see Joseph woll letting in 6 goals on 23 shots……

Reactions: d3SIGIRL and kb

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
All im saying is this game shows us where the hockey gods stand

If the roles were flipped, I wouldn’t even watch the game. There would be no point, Buffalo was getting a shutout… we weren’t scoring. No chance at all. I know it. You know it. Your mom, dad, mailman and local news reporters know it

anytime a rookie goalie plays against us, they play lights out Dominik Roy levels of insane

For these exact reasons I 100% see Joseph woll letting in 6 goals on 23 shots……

He's not a good goalie. Sub .900 sv% in the AHL, pedestrian stats every where he's gone before that.

For the Leafs to win tonight, we will have to score 6+ goals

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
He's not a good goalie. Sub .900 sv% in the AHL, pedestrian stats every where he's gone before that.

I was wondering if you were/are always this miserable, so I quickly clicked your profile and notice you last posted after the Leafs got smacked by the Kings 5-1. Question answered.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007

I have only watched a couple of Marlies games but statistically Woll appears to be #3 on the Marlies...not sure what is behind the logic of him getting the call-up???
.880 last season
.895 this season

Reactions: geo25

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I have only watched a couple of Marlies games but statistically Woll appears to be #3 on the Marlies...not sure what is behind the logic of him getting the call-up???
.880 last season
.895 this season

If you watched the Marlies, you would know why those numbers are actually respectable.

Reactions: RomanianLeafs

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If you watched the Marlies, you would know why those numbers are actually respectable.

Last year Woll .880 in 32 games
Kasimir Kaskisuo .909 in 27 games
That is a massive gap

again Woll under .900 this season while his running mate is .910
I do not understand this choice.
It is not like he has ever shown anything as a pro.

There obviously is something bigger in play. No way the leafs will run this guy as a NHL backup for a month.

Reactions: geo25

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Am I the only one who is actually super excited about Woll rather than nervous?

We drafted this kid, only 23, 6'4. I remember that a lot of us liked this pick at the time. Yes he had pretty bad numbers the past few years but you just never know with the goalies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is the game where you don't care about defense and cheat for offense. You gotta win a barn burner.

Sabres are playing some good hockey though so....

will give Woll a benefit of doubt and good luck to him in his NHL debut I hope he does well

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Didn’t the last rookie they ran out there get shelled, team didn’t show up for him??
I vaguely remember it but details are fuzzy.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
So here's a situation, Woll starts lets in 4 on the first 6 shots. Do you pull him and Campbell plays the game. Defeating the whole purpose of playing Woll. Or do we keep Woll in and destroy his confidence and watch him let in in 8+ goals.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Sabres work hard this year. Gonna need to show up. Some goals to help Woll would be nice.

Screenshot_20211113-091133_Sheets.jpg

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So here's a situation, Woll starts lets in 4 on the first 6 shots. Do you pull him and Campbell plays the game. Defeating the whole purpose of playing Woll. Or do we keep Woll in and destroy his confidence and watch him let in in 8+ goals.
Unless he’s hurt he plays the whole game.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kase has 2 goals in 2gms.

Last night came with Willy and Kerf.

The game before Kampf was on the ice but it was Kerfoot jumping off the ice that set him up.

I'm thinking Kase shouldn't be stapled to Kampf anymore.

And if we want depth...

Bunting - Matthews - Spezza
Ritchie - Tavares - Marner
Nylander - Kerfoot - Kase
Engvall - Kampf - Simmonds

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Sabres completely lack talent, but they work hard. They also played last night. No excuses.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Last year Woll .880 in 32 games
Kasimir Kaskisuo .909 in 27 games
That is a massive gap

again Woll under .900 this season while his running mate is .910
I do not understand this choice.
It is not like he has ever shown anything as a pro.

There obviously is something bigger in play. No way the leafs will run this guy as a NHL backup for a month.
My guess is a bit of a last chance.

They have Scott coming back soon and the kid from Sweden. Hutch is the #3 who they don't want starting at either level.

This is Woll's chance to show he's a rare breed that plays better up a level or they move on soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad