Pre-Game Talk: Leafs & Sabres, B2B Home and Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'd like to see Andy start both... but yeah... unlikely.

I'd rather see Hutch in the away game though tomorrow at 4pm, and Andy at home on a Saturday night.

Leafs can definitely win both if they keep this type of play up. Buffalo is banged up a bit, and they haven't been very good for a long while.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I would give Andersen the Saturday home game, especially since Buffalo will be in the same boat as us.

Either way, Hutchinson will get a game.

Reactions: WilliamInLondon

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
Leafs should play Hutchinson - as tempting as it might be keep the momentum, letting the backup get a few reps in and potentially coming out with a victory is better for the long-term success of the team. The offence is clicking for the Leafs right now and the Sabres are missing Dahlin - probably now is the best time to play Hutchinson than ever; I'd start him for the away game tomorrow just to relieve any must-win pressure on Saturday if the Leafs lose with Anderson tomorrow.

Reactions: Vaive50

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Hutch with a fresh team is a must see so I am pretty sure he gets that 4pm game. Will be hard to evaluate this player but you can tell management trying to feel things out with the new regime before making a move.

Not sure how you get a backup upgrade with these cap constraints but it feels all the more vital with the leafs needing to play catch up in the standings.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We are 10-2 against the Sabres in the past two seasons.

I expect a 3/4 points at least.

I'd start Hutchinson on Friday and Andersen at home. This team is playing well again. Don't think they will play good or bad depending on who is in net.

5 straight wins would be nice to have...we need to have a good win streak/point streak.

We are basically back in the race and with the way we can play, I have no doubt we are going to be 2nd or 3rd in the division by the end.

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
I expect a minimum 3 out of 4 points for these two games. Best time to capitalize is now with all our surrounding teams playing poorly. Hopefully Eichel doesnt continue his hot streak

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Just start Andersen in both games to get a groove going and get back to the sports science stuff afterwards.

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I think Hutchinson plays Friday and Andersen gets the Saturday game. They have another b2b on Tuesday/Wednesday so they'll need the backup to start helping them out

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I was advocating Andersen get all three starts in a row for Detroit/Buf/Buf home&Home but the way the team is playing I don’t think it matters who starts they will win both.

i understand it was Detroit but Keefe significantly knocked down the top six minutes as the game progressed. It could have been a little worse for detroit. Classy move by Keefe also on a secondary note and not trying to blow them out hard.

Buffalo is like a hime game to ha. So home and home means two home games for us :)

Might see some interesting minutes for the top six guys Friday early and late in the game also if we get a good lead. What a difference with Keefe. The stag-nation is no gone!

Feels go for Spezza i bet because he looks really pumped.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Id maybe start Hutch the first game so that Andersen doesnt get his routine messed up with that early start.

Either way, I'd give Hutch one and Andersen one and hope for a split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad