Recalled/Assigned: Leafs recall Mason Marchment

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I wasn't all that impressed by Brooks (tbf, it's not like he can do a ton in a couple games on the 4th line.) I'd rather give a guy a shot with an element the team lacks.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
WOuld be stupid to call him up and not play him atleast once to see what he can provide (unless there was another injury we dont know about).

I'm expecting Marchment to draw in tomorrow. Anyone know if we practice today?

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Doesn't someone have to go down? How many roster players are we at now?

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Someone of the things they were talking about in the pregame the other day was how Keefe is calling up guys not so they play but to start to acclimate them to what it's like getting ready to play in the big leagues.

He said that you're so locked into your normal processes pre game that you get completely thrown out of whack when this is changed and it's hard to perform. So he is rotating people through on the full roster just so they get to walk the walk for a bit. Where is the locker room? Where do you go behind the scenes in the ACC? What's it like taking warmup in front of 20k fans?

Keefe even admitted that it was tonight for him as a coach walking into a new building. A lot of this is done so the young new players can start to visualize themselves having success when it does come time to step on the ice in the NHL.

Interesting and pretty smart

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I like the fact that they're going through the inventory and seeing what they have while they have the opportunity to do so. It could help later on.

If any of these players catch it would be a bonus, and it can't hurt player development to see what you have in stock.

Pierre Engvall certainly seems to be doing very well in the NHL. Not bad for a 2014 7th round draft selection.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
WOuld be stupid to call him up and not play him atleast once to see what he can provide

Why is it stupid? They're just handing out a bonus. They did it with Liljegren and Bracco as well. It's not stupid to give a bonus to players when it doesn't hurt the team at all.

Reactions: Ciao and kb

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He's of a similar mold to Greg McKegg imo. Might grind out a career as a fringe/bottom of the lineup player, but nothing amazing or irreplacable.
A Greg McKegg career would be amazing.

I'm as interested in the future and well being of this young man from Winnipeg as much as anything else, and that goes for all the players who invest so much and work so hard as well.

I would like to see them all do well and have healthful, productive careers with bright post-hockey prospects.

I'm interested in the people as much as the game.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Hope we play him! I just know he'd become a fan favourite. He's everything we lack. This type of player is much more suited for the 10 or fewer minutes the 4th line is getting. Brooks makes no sense there imo. Hope he actually gets in and this isn't just a call up send down deal like we've been seeing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad