Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Rangers - #Meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think the only bright side is, as miserable as it's been, we are still picking up points and hanging onto a playoff spot.

Hopefully, we can pluck along in the 5-8 range until this team can become whole again.

By then, maybe Nonis adds a piece or two and we hopefully heat up heading into the playoffs.

This is, all best case scenario of course..

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think the only bright side is, as miserable as it's been, we are still picking up points and hanging onto a playoff spot.

Hopefully, we can pluck along in the 5-8 range until this team can become whole again.

By then, maybe Nonis adds a piece or two and we hopefully heat up heading into the playoffs.

This is, all best case scenario of course..

this is very true. God bless the loser point.

I think this team is in serious need of Christmas and just some time to get their collective heads on straight, and think "Dec 29 is another whole half of a season, we can totally turn this around!"

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I want to see these forward lines vs. Rangers:

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Reason: Lupul has had sustained success and chemistry with both Kadri and Kessel, and will hopeful ignite some sort of a spark on the first line.

JvR - Holland - Clarkson

Reason: JvR has been dragging his ass and needs a wake-up call. Clarkson deserves a move-up in the lineup. You got one guy who will go in the corners in Clarkson, a guy who can go in the corners, but has been playing soft of late in JvR, and you got a guy playing his heart out in Holland who can hopefully develop some short-term chemistry.

Raymond - Mcclement - Kulemin

Reason: the remainders who can play a cycle game and can play a bit of a pest role against the opposition. I think Kulemin and Raymond showed some chemistry earlier in the season. I wouldn't mind D'Amigo slotted in somewhere for some energy shifts if either of Raymond or Kulemin are playing like ****.

D'Amigo - Smithson - Bodie

Reason: D'Amigo and Bodie have earned more time with the big club over others. Smithson is literally the last possible centre we have left.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
PF media bias? maybe in the NBA lol. Never heard of that one before in regards to hockey...nice try though.

Really?

Guys get drafted for no other reason then "can skate and big". Theres definitely a bias to large tough players in the media.

Further to this, mere SECONDS after Biggs was drafted, none other then Bob McKenzie was comparing him to Lucic.

Thank you. :laugh:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

Reason: Lupul has had sustained success and chemistry with both Kadri and Kessel, and will hopeful ignite some sort of a spark on the first line.

JvR - Holland - Clarkson

Reason: JvR has been dragging his ass and needs a wake-up call. Clarkson deserves a move-up in the lineup. You got one guy who will go in the corners in Clarkson, a guy who can go in the corners, but has been playing soft of late in JvR, and you got a guy playing his heart out in Holland who can hopefully develop some short-term chemistry.

Reason: the remainders who can play a cycle game and can play a bit of a pest role against the opposition. I think Kulemin and Raymond showed some chemistry earlier in the season. I wouldn't mind D'Amigo slotted in somewhere for some energy shifts if either of Raymond or Kulemin are playing like ****.

Reason: D'Amigo and Bodie have earned more time with the big club over others. Smithson is literally the last possible centre we have left.

That first line could be pretty deadly on offence but they're definitely a liability defensively. However I agree on JVR and I like these lines and wouldn't be against this.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

JvR - Holland - Clarkson

I'd go with

JVR Holland Kessel
Lupul Kadri Raymond
Kulemin McClement Clarkson
Bodie Smithson D'Amigo

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
and the rangers won their game against minnesota - which means we need to be on our toes boys!

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
and the rangers won their game against minnesota - which means we need to be on our toes boys!
Definitely need to pick up the points now. A ton of teams are massing up behind us. We need to start winning since another slide could have us sitting almost in top 5 in the draft :laugh:.

Still at least they are on the second part of back to back games so...maybe we can take advantage.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
I mean - should the rangers win today and beat the Leafs tomorrow, they are 2 points behind the Leafs.... so you'd instantly assume that the Leafs would show up and kick some New York behind, but

who knows - it depends if the team shows up or not.
anyway - this is the last game they play before the Christmas break, they don't play again until the 27th.

especially since the Rangers played yesterday.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011

iIIrBfibIk8OT.gif

Expect some of this tonight.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I assume we will see the bad Leafs team where they get outworked and outshot 2:1, especially since we are playing a team that played the night before.

We've seen that team too many times...

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
One thing I've noticed about the leafs is that they try the long passes in the neutral zone way too much, which usually results in a turnover and an odd man rush for the opponent.

We need to keep it short and simple in our zone, and the neutral zone, and keep all the fancy stuff in the offensive zone.

GO LEAFS GO, lets start this win streak boys.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel

JvR - Holland - Clarkson

I wouldn't mind too much seeing this for a while.

NSLeafer

Dec 20, 2013
One thing I've noticed about the leafs is that they try the long passes in the neutral zone way too much, which usually results in a turnover and an odd man rush for the opponent.

We need to keep it short and simple in our zone, and the neutral zone, and keep all the fancy stuff in the offensive zone.

GO LEAFS GO, lets start this win streak boys.

I wish the forwards would just remain in the same time zone with the D when they are trying to get out of their end. These long neutral zone passes occur when you can't find a forward with a telescope. As you say Hennig, keep it short and simple.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I want Carlyle to surprise me tonight with switching the lines, but he is a stubborn man.

If I see Holland with Kessel and JVR
Kadri with Lupul and Clarkson

I will predict a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad