McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I’m seeing a source saying that now it’s down to Dallas, San Jose and Toronto - along with obviously NYI - that still have a chance at him.

I believe that source I saw cited Arthur Staple, but I haven’t seen anything from Arthur Staple that says that.

I’d love for him to join Dallas, but I don’t see how it works with the cap. Seguin is due next year. Damn that would be an awesome PP1 unit.

Benn-Tavares-Radulov
Seguin-Klingberg

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Absolutely Sabres need a goalie but they already have essentially three top tier 1/2 centres in Eichel, ROR and Mittelstadt plus 1d and 2d in Dahlin and Risto.
ROR is the most talked about trade target, Middlestadt is a very good prospect and Risto has regressed a lot.

Not the same.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
JT is very good friends with PK Subban.

What do you suppose PK told him about ownership and management of Montreal?

Wonder if Nashville could be among the teams he talks to. Not sure what their cap situation is like, but Tavares-Johansen would be a helluva 1-2 punch up front to complement their D core.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Even if he leaves... gonna lol when he doesn’t go to Toronto. HF leafs is insufferable

This isn't 2015 anymore they have their franchise guy in Matthews they have Kadri as the #2 yes they want Tavares because if he signs they would have the best center depth in the NHL with Matthews Tavares Kadri down the middle, only Pittsburgh could make a case but Kadri is better than Brassard.

Point is you can laugh all you want but these aren't the same Leafs they WANT Tavares they don't NEED Tavares.

Reactions: NovaLeaf

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
don't kid yourself, its leafs or islanders. Toronto can give him a 12x7, its up to shanny to sell him on toronto's outlook/future, thats what the situation is right now.
Don’t kid yourself it’s 90% the Islanders.
We’ve seen countless rumours in the past of Toronto boys wanting to go home but it almost never happens.
The Leafs and a couple of other teams have about an equsl long shot of signing him.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just let me ask this hypothetical question.

The leafs get Tavares....does Kadri become available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad