McKenzie: "Leafs preparing several creative proposals for Tavares if he hits UFA."

Status
Not open for further replies.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Ummm... is this not tampering?

How would BMac know that Toronto has interest in JT (officially) without commentary from Dubas or an MLSE associate?

Isn’t this that same thing that got Ron Wilson/Leafs fined when it came to the Sedins.
Ron Wilson said while being interviewed he would be interested in the twins. Bob McKenzie said this comment about Tavares not anyone in the leafs organization. It's different

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I love how the haters bring up Stmkos it proved all Leaf fans wrong. Those haters never want to bring up "Babcock goes to Buffalo, they are years ahead of Toronto" predictions. LOL.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I heard the video presentation is of a legitimate hockey arena Tavares doesn’t need to wait 2 to 4 seasons to play in

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If we landed Tavares, I'd move Nylander in heartbeat for a d-man.

Tavares - Matthews - Kadri is top 5 Centre depth in the NHL.

Coupled with Marner and Marleau as top two wingers, Nylander is expendable for the right D.

No inclination Winnipeg has a need for Nylander, but trading Nylander for a Trouba type defenseman (young, proven, and should be able to sign long term) would make sense.

Lol marleau is a top-winger? new to me

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
So if the Leafs sign Tavares they keep every forward and stay with the same D? I highly doubt it.

Next year is the BEST window Leafs have to compete for the cup with both Matthews/Marner on ELCs and potentially Nylander on Pastrnak deal.

Leafs can then push to get a decent D on the trade deadline.

Marleau can then be traded when Matthews/Marner need to be paid; or bought out; and $$$ from Marleau/Hainsey could be used to pay for Matthews/Marner;

Gardiner can walk after this season (unfortunate but thtas the price Leafs are gonna have to pay). Leafs made a dumb mistake by holding on to pending UFAs in JVR, Bozak, Komarov and got no assets in return;

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Next year is the BEST window Leafs have to compete for the cup with both Matthews/Marner on ELCs and potentially Nylander on Pastrnak deal.

Leafs can then push to get a decent D on the trade deadline.

Marleau can then be traded when Matthews/Marner need to be paid; or bought out; and $$$ from Marleau/Hainsey could be used to pay for Matthews/Marner;

Gardiner can walk after this season (unfortunate but thtas the price Leafs are gonna have to pay). Leafs made a dumb mistake by holding on to pending UFAs in JVR, Bozak, Komarov and got no assets in return;
You don't trade your UFAs when they are a lock for the playoffs.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sign Tavares, then trade Matthews to Arizona for OEL, Dvorak, Strome & the #5 pick

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I love how the haters bring up Stmkos it proved all Leaf fans wrong. Those haters never want to bring up "Babcock goes to Buffalo, they are years ahead of Toronto" predictions. LOL.
Babcock said himself the main reason he went to Toronto was because all his kids were no longer living at home and he and his wife wanted to be able to live in a big city and do that thing for a few years.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
If you sign Tavares. You won't be able to keep all 3 as they will demand quite a bit. Nothing wrong with them getting a lot but you cant afford the 3 of them and Tavares, even if you move Marleau. But just keep on waiting for Stamkos.
saysssss who? I have a secret for ya, nylander ain't getting a 8x8. Go peddle somewhere else, no cap problems here bud.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Babcock said himself the main reason he went to Toronto was because all his kids were no longer living at home and he and his wife wanted to be able to live in a big city and do that thing for a few years.
That's actually only a very little part of what he said.
And how does that make the Babcock to Buffalo prediction not incorrect?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What team does that? You are essentially tanking the season and sending a horrific message to your players.

not really; the "good players" from the Leafs see more ice time like Ovi/Crosby and co. see around 20+ mins a game instead of chums like bozak/jvr sucking the life out of the Leafs in the defensive zone

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
not really; the "good players" from the Leafs see more ice time like Ovi/Crosby and co. see around 20+ mins a game instead of chums like bozak/jvr sucking the life out of the Leafs in the defensive zone
JVR was the hottest goal scorer down the stretch. He helps the Leafs. You cannot give up on your season like that. Only in Toronto would I hear that.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
saysssss who? I have a secret for ya, nylander ain't getting a 8x8. Go peddle somewhere else, no cap problems here bud.
Nylander get 7, Marner gets 8 Matthew's gets 11 Tavares gets 12. That's 38 mill for 4 players and that's not including any defenders. Good luck.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
JVR was the hottest goal scorer down the stretch. He helps the Leafs. You cannot give up on your season like that. Only in Toronto would I hear that.

riiigghttt..... JVR's even strength production and game play is so good that Babcock had to shelter that "vet"

#whatever

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
riiigghttt..... JVR's even strength production and game play is so good that Babcock had to shelter that "vet"

#whatever
Listen, I don't want him back but the idea to trade the vets for "picks" when you are guarteed a playoff spot and top 5 team at the trade deadline is ridiculous.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
the bruins don't have turnover machines on their blueline like the leafs.

Leafs turnovers were the result of forwards blowing the zone and stretch passes. If the coaching staff employed that system then it is on them; if not, then it is on the players for not executing the system

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Listen, I don't want him back but the idea to trade the vets for "picks" when you are guarteed a playoff spot and top 5 team at the trade deadline is ridiculous.

this the thought that ticks me off; who the hell was going to sit on the return from JVR; Leafs could have used that to flip and get a D; or held on to it and used that pick for some trade right now.

What the F do the Leafs do now? trade from the assets/picks they already have? for what? a f***ing first round exit and a player that sucked ass?

Go look at JVR's even strength ice time in game 6 and game 7 against the bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad