• Jones

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Selena Gomez

Votes: 34 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
IF he falters *REALLY BAD*, what's your game plan for Game 2 ?
its usually not the goalie that costs us, its the brutal giveaways that our defense is prone to having, at the worse possible moments, and in the worse possible manners.
Brodie shouldn't bein the lineup, and Lub is just as useless in a different manner.
If we can keep the defensive zone self inflicted wounds to a minimum, this is a very win-able series.

every game we lost to Boston this season was off of brutal defensive giveaways, and almost every game we ever lose to Boston.
Pasta is a shooter, if we just shadow him (and by shadow, i mean velcro'd to the hip), it stifles the majority of their offense

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
In 2014, Jones won the Stanley Cup as a member of the Kings.

its the brutal giveaways that our defense is prone to having, at the worse possible moments, and in the worse possible manners.
that's pretty much it !

We should try the trap.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
You're going to see both goalies.

It doesn't give me anxiety. It gives me confidence.

Both have proven that they can play well in the playoffs. Samsonov has won a playoff series (you can't say that about Andersen/Campbell), and Woll was very good when called upon.

All these stats on goalies don't mean a lot to me (positive or negative). It's a new season. A goalie can 'rise from the ashes' if they will themselves. That could be Boston's goalies or it could be TOR's.

The first round of the NHL playoffs is dazzling and hard to predict.
Just to point out how accurate this actually is, the general consensus on Sergei Bobrovsky last year was "done" until Florida was forced to turn to him out of desperation...

its usually not the goalie that costs us, its the brutal giveaways that our defense is prone to having, at the worse possible moments, and in the worse possible manners.
Brodie shouldn't bein the lineup, and Lub is just as useless in a different manner.
If we can keep the defensive zone self inflicted wounds to a minimum, this is a very win-able series.

every game we lost to Boston this season was off of brutal defensive giveaways, and almost every game we ever lose to Boston.
Pasta is a shooter, if we just shadow him (and by shadow, i mean velcro'd to the hip), it stifles the majority of their offense
Pasta isn't the majority of their offense, Pasta IS their offense. The point dropoff between Pasta and Marchand this year is larger than the point dropoff between Marchand and zero...

So yes, the smart play would be to pick a winger with some tenacity and tell him his job is to stick to Pasta like glue. Make the rest of the shitty Bruins offense beat you.

Reactions: TMLife17

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Play Jones.

Oh please no.

He had a good run there earlier in the season but he has more than fell back to the mean since then. I get the apprehension about Samsonov, I have very little faith he's the guy either and the Leafs simply don't have a great option in net, but Jones hasn't played in nearly a month and his numbers post-Christmas holidays were exactly what you'd expect from Jones.

He's the 3rd stringer for a reason and he rightly won't see action unless Sammy and Woll flop. And if they both flop, we're done.

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Samsonov. If he can play like he did last year and at least keep us close in most games we have a shot. Woll hasn't looked the same since the injury.

Mar 26, 2010
It might be better to just play 6 skaters with no goalie if we have choose from what we have.

In all seriousness, Samsonov will start with a very short leash.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
He's the 3rd stringer for a reason and he rightly won't see action unless Sammy and Woll flop. And if they both flop, we're done.
I think Sammy and Woll will flop, so I’m starting Jones.

Tonight he gets the start hopefully.

He’s on a short leash, I play him til he loses a game.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Realistically, only Woll had a chance to take the ball but he's been so awful recently that you kind of just have to default to Samsonov for game 1 and go from there

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Woll has been bad since his injury. Samsonov has looked bad again and was still shaky when putting up good numbers imo. It would probably end in disaster but I'd go with Jones and hope they get lucky with a goalie going on a streak. Plus he's been part of a deep playoff run before.

It'll be Samsonov though.

I'd feel alot better about this team without the Samsonov / Keefe combo.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
What about Martin Jones?

He's been to the Finals.

Edited to clarify: We actually have both 2016's SCF goalies on our squad - infer at your leisure.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Martin Jones in goal (confirmed).

<it's happening.gif>

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Jones hasn’t been playing a lot.

Hope he’s not rusty

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Jones hasn’t been playing a lot.

Hope he’s not rusty
1713396496391.png

dream probably dead.

EDIT

Neither goal was on Jones.

#1 Brodie not covering the front of the net.
#2 Benoit with bad bad pinch. Odd man rush.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad