Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
F dubas,
F the pens
F malkin, karlsson, letang, crosby

if these lazy jackasses dont show up tonight to play I am really gonna lost my shit. I especially looking at matthews and marner. way too lazy and not disciplined with the puck. how many times have they gotta F-up to learn now? HOW MANY?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
First Christmas event of the year for me tonight, so likely watching it very late or in the morning on the TIVO.
Had a bunch of buddys head down to Pittsburgh this morning to attend, sadly I had to take a pass.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
F dubas,
F the pens
F malkin, karlsson, letang, crosby

if these lazy jackasses dont show up tonight to play I am really gonna lost my shit. I especially looking at matthews and marner. way too lazy and not disciplined with the puck. how many times have they gotta F-up to learn now? HOW MANY?

Don’t worry they’re only 5-6 more “lessons” away from learning they need to play when the puck drops for 60 mins and every night.

The other 7989 lessons just haven’t had enough time to sink in yet. Trust me.

Seriously, show up and stop being a disgrace please. Losing to Dubass would be a bitter pill to swallow.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Don’t worry they’re only 5-6 more “lessons” away from learning they need to play when the puck drops for 60 mins and every night.

The other 7989 lessons just haven’t had enough time to sink in yet. Trust me.

Seriously, show up and stop being a disgrace please. Losing to Dubass would be a bitter pill to swallow.

the blue line turnovers by marner and matthews are really starting to piss me off, i mean how many times are you going to effing do it and feed the transition of opposition with speed and odd man rush

like wake the F up.

losing do dubious is definitely going to piss me off. Johnson, Seigel and the biggest piece of crap Mirtle are just salivating at the idea

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
A few yrs back the Pens started the blueprint on how to neutralize the core and I’m not convinced they’ve learned from that experience.

This game is a test and should mean a lot to them. If the Pens treat this as a big game with something to prove, should we expect them to fail again?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
In spite of how things started off, it'd be tough to complain about garnering three of four points from this back-to-back. Let's go!

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Get the W. I think Pittsburgh is a mid team. Leafs need to show up with some fight.

If they go into the corners and have some bite tonight then they can win this one.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
We should all be as confident of this game as we are for any other game.

It isn't like they're playing in Pittsburgh against a team with a better record the past 10 and a better goals against.
The Dubas poorly managed below .500 Penguins who sit among the bottom feeders of the Eastern Conference should be an easy mark for the Leafs tonight.

However the Pens played their backup goalie Nedeljkovic yesterday in a loss to Buffalo saving Tristan Jarry for tonight's battle. Seems Pens were more concerned about winning this game.

Leafs played their starting goalie Samsonov is a loss against the 31st ranked Hawks, so now will be using their backup Woll against the Pens.

Tonight's result will fuel speculation.

Last edited:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
However the Pens played their backup goalie Nedeljkovic yesterday in a loss to Buffalo saving Tristan Jarry for tonight's battle. Seems Pens were more concerned about winning this game. Leafs played their starting goalie Samsonov is a loss against the 31st ranked Hawks, so now will be using their backup Woll against the Pens.
Woll has been better than Samsonov this season (and had actually played more games before yesterday), and on a per game basis, Nedeljkovic (and his 0.937 SV%, +0.654 GSAx/60) has been better than Jarry this season. So technically, we're playing our better-performing and most played goalie and Pittsburgh is playing their worse-performing goalie. Not that it's at all weird to play your starter against a top team on HNIC when your team will be tired anyway.
Wonder where Leafs coach Sheldon Keefe's loyalties lie?
With the Leafs team he's coaching, obviously.

Reactions: Zacman

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
LOL what?

EDIT: WTF is up with tweets not showing up properly? Anyway pasting a pic for entire text

1700938621983.png

Reactions: Zacman and Cleetus

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The Dubas poorly managed below .500 Penguins who sit among the bottom feeders of the Eastern Conference should be an easy mark for the Leafs tonight.

However the Pens played their backup goalie Nedeljkovic yesterday in a loss to Buffalo saving Tristan Jarry for tonight's battle. Seems Pens were more concerned about winning this game.

Leafs played their starting goalie Samsonov is a loss against the 31st ranked Hawks, so now will be using their backup Woll against the Pens.

Tonight's result will fuel speculation.

What are you talking about?

I feel like mods should not be bringing up insane speculation...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
What are you talking about?

I feel like mods should not be bringing up insane speculation...
I'm expecting Joseph Woll to stick it to the Pens tonight in a big win by the Leafs.

Go Leafs Go !!!

Pointing out which goalies were used in back to back games is fact & strategy & not speculation. :wg:

Pens saved their starting goalie for this match today in back to back games for both teams. Appears Pens put more importance in trying to win this one. IMO

Reactions: PromisedLand

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Pointing out which goalies were used in back to back games is fact & strategy & not speculation.
Pens saved their starting goalie for this match today in back to back games for both teams. Appears Pens put more importance in trying to win this one. IMO
Trying to insinuate that our coach is secretly sabotaging the team he's coaching in order to help his former employer is speculation, and completely baseless and disgusting.
You're also wrong in the first place. Woll had played 10 games to Samsonov's 9 coming into this weekend. The Leafs scheduled their most played and best-performing goalie this season against Pittsburgh. And Nedjelkovic, who played yesterday, has a team-leading 0.937 SV% for Pittsburgh.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Expect a better effort tonight. 5 days off and jet lag is bound to make players rusty. Sometimes the body can’t wake up until you’re in a game again. It’ll be a tight low scoring game imo.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad