Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins: It's Going to be Okay - We're going to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I think I'll play PS4 instead of watching this one. After all, me picking up my controller expels more effort than the Leafs do on a nightly basis.

:facepalm:

This may sound like a stupid rant, but why would you ever get a console on launch? Seriously, I don't get why. I'm waiting till the summer till I get my PS4 and for good reason. At launch, not only are consoles hardly available and you have to wait in line, but also they are also more expensive, have lesser hard drive space (or specs) than they will down the line, have barely any games to support it, and are buggy as **** (see: red ring of death and yellow light of death).

I'd rather wait till they are more readily available, cheaper, have more memory/better specs, have a lot bigger library of games to choose from, and all the bugs have been ironed out for the most part.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Interesting change on defence for Leafs today: Mark Fraser reunited with Cody Franson. Jake Gardiner teamed with Morgan Rielly.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Should they go with Bernier or Reimer for Wednesday? I know most people are going to say Bernier but I kinda want to see how Reimer would rebound from a lost like this.

Same here. I like Bernier a little more. But i like Reimer too and i would like to see a bounce back game from him. Those guys are on the same team, i want them both to do well.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Randy is starting to smarten up, maybe. Pairs at practice:

Gunnar - Phaneuf
Gardiner - Rielly
Fraser - Franson

two tests left:

1) let's see if he starts the game with those pairs
2) let's see if he picks the right pair to be the 2nd pair (Gardiner-Rielly) and the right pair to be the third pair (Fraser-Franson).

Fraser and Franson have simply been liabilities defensively, and should receive minimal minutes at ES. They should see 2nd pair PK duty, sure, and Franson should see PP time too.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Phx places R.Klesla and Pitt places M.D'Agostini on Waivers.

Wow! isn't Klesla a good defensive defenceman??

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA

NBCsports.com

Rusty gone? Coyotes waive veteran d-man Klesla

The Phoenix Coyotes raised eyebrows across the league on Tuesday by placing veteran defenseman Rostislav Klesla on waivers.

Klesla, 31, is in the final year of a four-year, $11.9 million deal originally signed with Columbus (he was acquired via trade in 2011.) The Czech rearguard has appeared in 15 games for the Coyotes this season, scoring three points while averaging 15:42 TOI per game.

The former first-round pick (fourth overall, 2000 NHL Entry Draft) has been plagued by injuries this season, missing four games to a lower-body injury and three to a concussion suffered on a hit during a preseason game by L.A.’s Jordan Nolan.

The decision to waive Klesla comes just hours after he played 17 shifts for 14:56 in a 4-2 loss to Nashville on Monday night. It’s worth noting he carries an average annual cap hit of $2.975 million

Predaleafs

Oct 7, 2009
Toronto
NBCsports.com

Rusty gone? Coyotes waive veteran d-man Klesla

The Phoenix Coyotes raised eyebrows across the league on Tuesday by placing veteran defenseman Rostislav Klesla on waivers.

Klesla, 31, is in the final year of a four-year, $11.9 million deal originally signed with Columbus (he was acquired via trade in 2011.) The Czech rearguard has appeared in 15 games for the Coyotes this season, scoring three points while averaging 15:42 TOI per game.

The former first-round pick (fourth overall, 2000 NHL Entry Draft) has been plagued by injuries this season, missing four games to a lower-body injury and three to a concussion suffered on a hit during a preseason game by L.A.’s Jordan Nolan.

The decision to waive Klesla comes just hours after he played 17 shifts for 14:56 in a 4-2 loss to Nashville on Monday night. It’s worth noting he carries an average annual cap hit of $2.975 million

Honestly, he would be a decent pickup but that being said he has to be a trade. We cant afford taking his money on in salary with nothing leaving. Maybe Fraser + s4th or something for him.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Erik Heft ‏@ErikHeft 3m
Klesla on waivers is not surprising. The guy is a solid defensive defensman, but cannot stay healthy. Has also clearly lost a step or two.

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 22m
The #Coyotes have confirmed they have placed D Rusty Klesla on waivers. Have not been happy with his play lately from a physical standpoint.

Yes, he would fit right in

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I think I'll play PS4 instead of watching this one. After all, me picking up my controller expels more effort than the Leafs do on a nightly basis.
Good lord you killed me in Killzone...that was brutal. Still getting used to the controls :laugh:
OT but how are you liking it. I love mine.

I love it dude....it's awesome.
:facepalm:

This may sound like a stupid rant, but why would you ever get a console on launch? Seriously, I don't get why. I'm waiting till the summer till I get my PS4 and for good reason. At launch, not only are consoles hardly available and you have to wait in line, but also they are also more expensive, have lesser hard drive space (or specs) than they will down the line, have barely any games to support it, and are buggy as **** (see: red ring of death and yellow light of death).

I'd rather wait till they are more readily available, cheaper, have more memory/better specs, have a lot bigger library of games to choose from, and all the bugs have been ironed out for the most part.
Well I pre-ordered mine, never in my life did I get one in the console launch so I thought why not! No I didn't have to wait in the cold or in line, just walked in, and boom got it. If you are anxious like several people then yea you can go at 8 in the morning...or you can go at noon when all the hustle is gone and act as a regular customer.

As for the specs...I doubt they'll change much tbh. It's a beastly console, maybe make it 1tb for what? 60 dollars more and Im pretty sure I can do that myself. Only thing you'll experience is a new shell or look prolly. I doubt it it'll be till Iunno next xmas ? Also if you havent heard they are quite available readily, sony has been stocking areas if you do pre-orders and they'll put you first in line. As for the games...I have 4 games that are brand new...no way jose am I finish each one of them so quick that I'll want more. Plus with Playstation plus...I don't really need to work too much about loss of games as they supply several new games for the console each month, be it on the vita, ps3 or the ps4. Also the red ring of death or the yellow light whatever....I got the plan from futureshop, if I didn't get it from the there, Id have gotten it from sony. So i'm not too worried about technical stuff.

-----

As for this game.....good lord I fear for this game after how ****** we played last night. Gardiner and rielly huh? wow thatll be interesting.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

"defensive defensemen" are always overrated, especially in leafland.

leaf fans wanted to trade guys like Gardiner for Klesla year or two ago. crazy stuff.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Interesting change on defence for Leafs today: Mark Fraser reunited with Cody Franson. Jake Gardiner teamed with Morgan Rielly.

I'd be happy if Fraser never played another game.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Honestly, he would be a decent pickup but that being said he has to be a trade. We cant afford taking his money on in salary with nothing leaving. Maybe Fraser + s4th or something for him.

And this is exactly why I have been saying that I hate the fact that we have spent all our money. Not saying this is the guy we want but if it was, too bad, we don't have the cap space.

Love the thread title. Go Leafs Go.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Crosby and Malkin will eat that pair alive
Lol I guarantee you Crosby will see virtually no time on the ice against Rielly/Gardiner. Or at the least very little. At the same time I think we definitely need to make a move on the blueline as our defence just doesn't have the right combination of players. Adding a right shot shutdown man would be ideal. I'd love to find a way to get Girardi either via trade or in the off-season.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I thought he was talking about the Fraser-Franson pairing that would get eaten alive by Malkin/Crosby.

Gardiner and Rielly are actually good.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Only players that have showed up this season have been the goaltenders. The rest of them should be embrassed and ashamed of themselves.

Phaneuf and Gunnar have been good too. Gardiner and Rielly have been decent. Franson, Fraser and Ranger suck.

Our team just has too many holes. Good teams have good centres and defense. We have neither.

If things continue, there is a good chance the Leafs are picking top 5 again. No way our goalies keep playing like this...they have to work twice as hard as the goalie they face for the Leafs to win.

It's unfair.

I hope Carlyle is canned after this season. Pathetic effort, zero toughness on most nights (we just the taller version of the Habs this year), and opportunistic scoring.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Fraser should just be waived ASAP.

Franson should be perfect trade bait, though. He's got impressive numbers like pts and hits and an impressive package of skills that all GMs like. And he's never going to be more than a 4/5 dman for us anyways. He's cheap for this year to make him easily addable for any team in the league, and due a pay raise next year that we should not give him. He should be the best combination of good trade value + afforable loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad