Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins: It's Going to be Okay - We're going to Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scarface*

haha 60-12??

Id say playing counter strike will be much more entertaining,
Isn't that on old PC or Megadrive game?

We will get outshot for certainly. Pittsburgh will win this game no matter what. Carlyle wants to lose one more before we go all out again. It's important to lose the right games to win stanley cups.

82 normal regular season games cannot be won. It's never even been tried. Great coaches know this and know that. They know that a night off is importantte. They give party nights etc (we all have partied with hockey players and gotten some too). It's fun and keeps life entertaining. It's very important.

Crosby and others will win this game. But I'm cool with it, rolling with that there. Carlyle is one of my favourites. I will be keeping my eyes on carlyle's temples and on that pairing gardiner - reilly. I'm surprised and amazed to see that pretty offensive minded pairing from carlyle. I think it can't work in a long run. They will get run over with and we should make a move for a vet D-guy.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
:facepalm:

This may sound like a stupid rant, but why would you ever get a console on launch? Seriously, I don't get why. I'm waiting till the summer till I get my PS4 and for good reason. At launch, not only are consoles hardly available and you have to wait in line, but also they are also more expensive, have lesser hard drive space (or specs) than they will down the line, have barely any games to support it, and are buggy as **** (see: red ring of death and yellow light of death).

I'd rather wait till they are more readily available, cheaper, have more memory/better specs, have a lot bigger library of games to choose from, and all the bugs have been ironed out for the most part.

If everyone thought like you, the console wouldn't sell a single unit and PlayStation would cease to exist. I bought a PS3 at launch and it still runs fine to this day. My PS4 hasn't experienced any problems and while there have been some reports of hardware failures (as there would be with any newly released product), it is between 0.4 and 0.9 percent. Hardly worth worrying about.

I didn't have to line up to get mine either, as I preordered it the first morning it was available to preorder, back in June.

Also, consoles don't improve in power/performance over time. That's what separates them from PCs. The PS4 you buy a few years from now will the just as powerful as the PS4 I bought two weeks ago. Game development is easy because everyone is on a unified, equal platform.

The only thing that may change spec wise over time, is the removal of minor features in order to cut costs and initiate a price drop (such as when PS2 backwards compatibility and 2 of the 4 USB ports were removed from the second gen PS3) or when they manufacture the core chips at a smaller size to reduce energy consumption and heat. This makes the system more efficient from an energy perspective, but NOT more powerful.

You have a point about the hard drive, but waiting a couple years to get a slightly larger hard drive is pointless, imo, especially this generation. Game installs are now north of 30 GB (up to 50 GB), so even if you wait a couple years and lets say the hard drive size doubles from 500 GB to 1 TB, you still can only hold 20 or so games on it. I've already upgraded my hard drive to 2 TB and even that won't be enough in a few years.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I didn't even know we played against each other? :laugh:
yeap s-sar.

Everyone talkin bout PS4 yet here I am about to get a PS3.
tis a good console, remember to get ps+ prolly one of the best things ever for playstation will give you tons of free game.

anyways lets stop this discussion and take it to the lounge if we need be.

GO LEAFS GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad