Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Penguins Dec 9th, 7pm EST HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Wonder if JVR raising his cancer risks from chewing on plastic non stop every game.

Reactions: ThewThew

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
We've seen the same complaints daily since Hyman made the Team. When can we expect this questioning to have some type of impact? Even a fresh comment once in a while would be welcome.
Shirley there must be some value for all this redundancy.
You know this is 100% false.

The main criticisms (love how the word complaint is used, really shows people's agenda) are based around Hyman being way overplayed relative to his capabilities. This includes being 2nd in ice-time for forwards, being played in situations he has absolutely no business being in (3 on 3 OT being the most recent example) and having no other option even come close to being tried.

Reactions: ThewThew

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Team hasnt scored more than 1 goal in regulation in 3 games...... better keep my 2nd most skilled player on the 4th line...... I love watching my superstar have zero chemistry with his linemates as well. Lately the matthews line shifts’ end in 1 of two ways, a one and done from 34 or a garbage, play killing shot from a terrible angle from 11. Make it stop. Brown is good but hes not a 1st liner. You can’t play 2 middle sixers with matthews and expect to win many games..... superstars need support

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Really... really need Marner to start scoring again. 45 point pace is simply unacceptable.
He's leading team in possession too. Hoping that he breaks out soon, I'm definitely getting pretty irritated with the morons on the main board who are salivating over Barzal or idiot Hab fans praising Jordie Benn for having more goals than Mitch Marner.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He's leading team in possession too. Hoping that he breaks out soon, I'm definitely getting pretty irritated with the morons on the main board who are salivating over Barzal or idiot Hab fans praising Jordie Benn for having more goals than Mitch Marner.

Should have kept him with Matthews then. These line combo's are seriously perplexing and starting to annoy me. It brings Matthews down as well as the other two and everyone can see this but Babcock it seems.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
There is criticism because this team can be way better than it is right now but Babcock rules the Leafs with an iron fist. No one in the media dares question him or he would just say "When you're coach, you can do whatever you want."

I like Babcock, think he's a great coach but some things about him are really frustrating and on top he's really cocky and overconfident. What's funny is that he'll likely switch up the lines in a week or two when we inevitably slump and then he'll be known as a genius for switching up the lines to get the Leafs going when the lines he switches to were already in place before he wrecked them.

then you know he'll apologise because he acknowledged that was a jackassy thing to say. it's always funny though that people go well why don't people question him though. he doesn't have to answer. (most people won't) it will be some form of "because I want to do it this way." so what is there to question? what profound thing are you expecting him to say? legitimate question is it just to make you feel better that someone asked? because you know you won't get a real solid answer.

it's like akin to when people kept questioning Shanahan about how he was going to do things and Shanahan basically said you can ask all your questions but when 29 other teams tell you how they are going to run their business, then maybe i'll answer.

to your second point - you can say that about any coach. it's not just a Babcock thing.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Is that not enough?

I wouldn't mind seeing us win without having to throw the "Andersen stood on his head" phrase around quite so often

That's not a sustainable way to play and get good results over the long term

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The funny thing is when Babcock starts listening to the fans on line combos, we lose games.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The funny thing is when Babcock starts listening to the fans on line combos, we lose games.
and when he does the opposite of what logic would dictate we only score 1 goal a game and need vezina goal tending to win, maybe you're onto something here.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
.............. You can’t play 2 middle sixers with matthews and expect to win many games..... superstars need support
I mean Matthews line hasnt played great but I bet the teams record since they were put together is pretty damn good as the Leafs have just been winning games even when they don't deserve it recently...

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I mean Matthews line hasnt played great but I bet the teams record since they were put together is pretty damn good as the Leafs have just been winning games even when they don't deserve it recently...
It's incredible how great goaltending can really mask a lot of issues. Now I see why Habs fans are so delusional every year

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
It's incredible how great goaltending can really mask a lot of issues. Now I see why Habs fans are so delusional every year
No it just your phrasing didn't make any sense. The Leafs are winning games, you can say they aren't playing well (which they haven't at points) but it makes no sense to say the line combos are stopping the Leafs from winning many games.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
you truly believe that?
I believe he looks pretty stupid that he starts the game with the same weak lines that don't start slow and generate nothing, changes them up to decent lines that actually do accomplish things, and then reverts back by the start of the next game for no reason

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
We have won 3 of the last 4 games and even if Andersen has been exceptional, this team is playing better team defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad