Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
After a stellar B2B this weekend defeating the defending Cup champs and defending finalist, the Panthers take on the near basement dwelling Maple Leafs in their last game before the All-Star break.

Will Pirri make a return to the lineup?

I could see him swapping out with Knight. Important not to keep a player scratched for too many games in a row, and GG is pretty good to follow this rule of thumb. I'm sure Pirri has gotten the message he has to play better and is itching to get back in the lineup. What better game than against the Leafs, who are near the bottom of the East. Pirri also has preformed well against them in the past (4 GP, 5 G, 1 A). Plus if he plays well he can go into the break with some confidence under his belt.
I feel like Knight's game has taken a small step back in recent games, and could use a look at the teams game play from the press box overhead. Thornton has been playing well for quite a while now, and we can always use his toughness in the lineup, especially when the Leafs have some guys who can throw 'em. :fight:

Pirri - MacK - Thornton

Will Montoya get the start before the break?

With Luo just playing both tough games of a B2B, I'd think he's pretty worn down. He is in the All-Star game, so he won't get the pleasure of a total physical and mental rest for the week like most of his teammates.
If Montoya doesn't play Tues., than I don't foresee him playing until the second game of a B2B @ BUF Feb. 9th.
If he doesn't play again until BUF, than he would have three weeks off, which is a little too much rest IMO. He's been playing well this season despite a rare off game vs EDM last time out.
If I were GG, like Pirri, I'd get Montoya back in the lineup to give him an opportunity to go into the break on a high. Any extra rest for Luo is a bonus as well.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
This one makes sense for Cubano to get the start. Gives Lu some rest before the ASG.

EstConf96*

I expect us to lose this game. Hopefully we won't get the doom and gloom just because we lost a game.

Depends on how we lose i guess. I expect nothing else but a win tonight. However my sarcasm/doom/gloom prediction is set at a OT loss.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
As long as we come out focused, it should be a win.

That Leafs game last year, where both Luo and Al got banged up, still is a downer.

And out of all people, Booth scored the gwg IIRC.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
You going ?
Ever been a Leafs fan ? How did your fandom of Panthers start ?

I wish I was in sunny FLA right now :laugh: Althought the weather in SW Ontario hasn't been too ad this winter so far, barely any snow yet this year. 0C out today, calling for rain this week.

I am going to the game Monday, Feb 8th in DET. It's only 1 1/2 hours from me, where Toronto's an extra hour, and more $$$.

First team I ever really liked was FLA.
Just grew up with my mom, so there wasn't really any hockey team influence for me (although her side of the family are huge Blue Jays fans, and that stuck :D ).
So I was in public school when the Panthers stated out, and my mom was getting me new clothes from Wal-Mart that year, and for some lucky reason she bought me all Florida Panther stuff.

Thank-you mom! :bow: :laugh:

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I think that this thread needs a bit more unhealthy skepticism and suspicion about this team: def need for a trade because the previous two games is too small sample size to indicate otherwise.
Pretty sure that some of the posters can carry it on from here. :sarcasm: :laugh:

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I think that this thread needs a bit more unhealthy skepticism and suspicion about this team: def need for a trade because the previous two games is too small sample size to indicate otherwise.
Pretty sure that some of the posters can carry it on from here. :sarcasm: :laugh:

I agree. This team needs at least three years of holding on to first place without ever giving it up. Not even for a day. Then, and only then will they be ready to acquire a rental for the Playoffs. :sarcasm:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I wish I was in sunny FLA right now :laugh: Althought the weather in SW Ontario hasn't been too ad this winter so far, barely any snow yet this year. 0C out today, calling for rain this week.

I am going to the game Monday, Feb 8th in DET. It's only 1 1/2 hours from me, where Toronto's an extra hour, and more $$$.

First team I ever really liked was FLA.
Just grew up with my mom, so there wasn't really any hockey team influence for me (although her side of the family are huge Blue Jays fans, and that stuck :D ).
So I was in public school when the Panthers stated out, and my mom was getting me new clothes from Wal-Mart that year, and for some lucky reason she bought me all Florida Panther stuff.

Thank-you mom! :bow: :laugh:

Late night brain cramp on @Fla part when I saw you starting up thread:laugh:

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Well, a loss to the Leafs would hurt. But Im not worried about a loss atm. Especially if we continue to play the way we did these last two games.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
Even though we just beat, Chicago and Tampa, I feel like we might lose.....

But screw that GO PANTHERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad