Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers - Game 3 - Sunday 6:30 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
He ain't generating shit. Put him down, the less time he is on the ice the better for the team. He was pathetic when they tried him on the wing when we first acquired ROR.
who the f*** put them in the second round if not him were is willie your super swede playing p***y hockey again

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Hopefully Mathews and Marner dont get more scared of getting hit after Knies injury. I think florida has successfully intimidated the stars on leafs (aside from oreilly) after seeing what happened to knies

Reactions: Leterman

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Hopefully Mathews and Marner dont get more scared of getting hit after Knies injury. I think florida has successfully intimidated the stars on leafs (aside from oreilly) after seeing what happened to knies
So what? Matthews is a big boy. Time to be the hunter not the hunted.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
It was the premise of the post. Refer to your included reference.

Here is why Leafs are down 0-2 to Florida.

View attachment 703567

The consequences of spending 1/2 your Cap on only 4 forwards, and when the opposition holds them in check and off the scoreboard their odds of winning increases.

The premise of this post is not "only goals matter".

You're clever enough to know that, but you yet refuse to acknowledge it. I keep trying to help you grow by getting you to admit mistakes when faced with obvious facts, yet to continue to resist.

It's ok, just say you misinterpreted the post, we all do it from time to time.

Reactions: Racer88

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It matters unless you don't understand the concept of winning and losing.

Florida isn't looking for reasons why they lost because they're winning games and up 2-0 in the series.

However Thachuk has 4 assists on 7 Florida goals in the series and a big reason behind Panthers wins. He has more assists alone than all 4 of Leafs core 4 forwards combined do.

Leafs big and expensive guns are firing blanks in the series and that is the main reason Leafs are losing.
The big guns need to start converting their scoring opportunities, but they have also generated a ton of chances. If they keep playing that way, the pucks will start going in eventually.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Got the wings marinated for later.

Smoked Paprika
Montreal Steak Spice
Cracked Pepper and Garlic
Applewood Smoke
Sumac
Ginger Chili and Lime
Olive oil

PXL_20230507_133750376.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tomorrow the narrative begins to change.. or we are toast.
100% Squiffmeister

Leafs dug themselves a deep hole now forced to win 4 of the next 5 games (with 3 guaranteed on the road) is not a great place to be.. Historical results show only 13% of the time do teams comeback from this.

The Leafs fought all year for home ice advantage and now their record is 1-4 at home in the playoffs. The silver lining however is Leafs are 3-0 on the road so that opens the door of hope a little.

However If Leafs big guns continue to post Goose Eggs on the scoreboard, then this series could be over quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leterman

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I guess you missed the big homemade chart where exclusively goals and nothing else is posted or referenced, and the posted conclusions drawn from it.
No, I saw that. It illustrated that AM, JT, MM, & WN had not scored in the series

I also read "when the opposition holds them in check and off the scoreboard their odds of winning increases."

Seems pretty factual, if a little too obvious.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No, I saw that. It illustrated that AM, JT, MM, & WN had not scored in the series
Yes. It looked exclusively at goals and nothing else, and drew conclusions from that. Like I said. Let's move on and get back to the game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The big guns need to start converting their scoring opportunities, but they have also generated a ton of chances. If they keep playing that way, the pucks will start going in eventually.
Agreed, but that is only 1/2 the equation though to winning,

The Leafs have gotten < .900 sv% from their goalie Samsonov [3.27 GAA and .895 sv%], and between their own mistakes and defensive breakdowns have allowed 28 goals against in just 8 games [ =3.5 GA/g average]...

Leafs defensive game and goaltending has put the Leafs in a position to need to score 4 goals for on average to win based on how they're currently playing, Can't forget to count how many pucks Leafs are fishing out of their own net, and not just offensive chances generated. :wg:

Leafs depth and surrounding cast has only mustered 2 GF/g, so without consistent contribution on the scoreboard from the big guns Leafs are in trouble.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Playoffs:

Toronto: 3.31 GA/60 (2.95 xGA/60, -3.3 GSAx)
Florida: 3.35 GA/60 (4.11 xGA/60, +5.2 GSAx)

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Overdrive boys (mostly Hayes) were getting all worked up because Samsonov was yelling curse words after game 2 and Keefe had steam coming from his ears.

I don't get it? We should be thankful that some of these guys are angry, it shows they care. I'd be even more happy if AM, Reilly and Johnny T also were also scowling and snapping at reporters after the game. Because all we've seen from these guys is either the canned "We gotta play better" or looking like someone stole their lunch money.

Get angry. Really, really pissed off.

Then take it all out on the Panthers Sunday, not by falling into playing their game or gooning it up, on the scoreboard. And this is the biggie - when the Leafs win, don't let that be enough. Carry it right through to the end of series as if it's now their personal life mission to send Florida packing for having the audacity for embarrassing the Leafs in front of the home crowd.

I'm living in a fantasy world if I think that will really happen, it hasn't until now, but I can only hope that just maybe that spark of resentment from one or two will spread throughout the locker room?

Yeah not sure that’s the Leafs personality at all but imagine they went in angry, focused and on a mission for Game 3 and 4.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Overdrive boys (mostly Hayes) were getting all worked up because Samsonov was yelling curse words after game 2 and Keefe had steam coming from his ears.

I don't get it? We should be thankful that some of these guys are angry, it shows they care. I'd be even more happy if AM, Reilly and Johnny T also were also scowling and snapping at reporters after the game. Because all we've seen from these guys is either the canned "We gotta play better" or looking like someone stole their lunch money.

Get angry. Really, really pissed off.

Then take it all out on the Panthers Sunday, not by falling into playing their game or gooning it up, on the scoreboard. And this is the biggie - when the Leafs win, don't let that be enough. Carry it right through to the end of series as if it's now their personal life mission to send Florida packing for having the audacity for embarrassing the Leafs in front of the home crowd.

I'm living in a fantasy world if I think that will really happen, it hasn't until now, but I can only hope that just maybe that spark of resentment from one or two will spread throughout the locker room?

Yeah not sure that’s the Leafs personality at all but imagine they went in angry, focused and on a mission for Game 3 and 4.

The Mitchician

Dec 10, 2009

Some goalies play better/dial in when they are mad.

But,..How bout we shoot high on Bobo because he shows top net for being a big guy, so lets piss him off, because Bobo does not play good mad.

Sic em Leafs! Bring the dog fight to the cats!

• Love
Reactions: Cleetus

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
For Game 3 in Florida, the Leafs will unfortunately have Wes McCauley as an official and he will be joined by Dan O'Rourke. Yes, the ever-so-popular McCauley, who has a well known conflict of interest in Leaf games due to the past conflict with Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe. The Leafs are 0-9 in their last 9 playoff games with McCauley as an official and if you'll recall, he was also the referee of record in the game that had Sheldon Keefe fined $25K during the regular season.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
just win..... GO LEAFS GO!

For Game 3 in Florida, the Leafs will unfortunately have Wes McCauley as an official and he will be joined by Dan O'Rourke. Yes, the ever-so-popular McCauley, who has a well known conflict of interest in Leaf games due to the past conflict with Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe. The Leafs are 0-9 in their last 9 playoff games with McCauley as an official and if you'll recall, he was also the referee of record in the game that had Sheldon Keefe fined $25K during the regular season.
accidental slapshot puck to the face

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Conflict? Don't you mean mutual interest? Keefe testified for Frost, not against him. Don't promote conspiracy theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad