Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Panthers, 7 p.m. EST, Feb 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Can we somehow convince dubas he needs yandle on defense......? Teams can still trade after the deadline, just the players can't play in playoffs.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Leafs powerplay is unreal and Florida's is so bad. If you keep them 5 v 5 Florida should be ok, that defense is somehow worse than Florida's.

My main concern is they still looked bad against 'Zona, if Bob is his normal meh self that's a 4-2 loss.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

Our D looks good in this game lol

I like Dermott, but he is not even close to a top pair D.

Leafs powerplay is unreal and Florida's is so bad. If you keep them 5 v 5 Florida should be ok, that defense is somehow worse than Florida's.

My main concern is they still looked bad against 'Zona, if Bob is his normal meh self that's a 4-2 loss.
At least the Panthers last PP looked good last night.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

You're grossly underestimating how bad Toronto's defense is.

They're worse than we are defensively and that was before all these injuries.

Still, they could rally.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Little outside the box thinking here, but honestly, how much good does Yandle have 5v5? Can we just dress 7 dmen and use him only on PPs? Honestly, why not? That’s the only situation where he’s beneficial. His decision making, weak play and zero physicality does absolutely nothing for us at even strength. Not like we have great options, but removing him from the equation in that way is imo a net positive. Has any team attempted something like that before?

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. This is the chance for the Panthers to completely demoralize the Leafs.

@Boothinator will be at the game tomorrow as well. Between periods we are usually in the area of the concessions near 129. If you're at the game stop by and say hello! Carson (@Boothinator) is here from Germany for the next 5 games.

I will probably be wearing a dark blue practice jersey with the old cat on front, 6'5, so you should find us.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Little outside the box thinking here, but honestly, how much good does Yandle have 5v5? Can we just dress 7 dmen and use him only on PPs? Honestly, why not? That’s the only situation where he’s beneficial. His decision making, weak play and zero physicality does absolutely nothing for us at even strength. Not like we have great options, but removing him from the equation in that way is imo a net positive. Has any team attempted something like that before?
I like.

Another option: how long does a player have to play in a game to qualify as “game played”? Whatever that number of shifts is, or ice time, or passage of the game clock, give him shifts until he crosses that threshold and then sit his ass down, from this game onwards and forevermore.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Will be interisting how the Crowd looks tomorrow. But they better work their asses of. First Home Game and then against its the Game for the PO Spot.
A win means equal in Points with a Game in hand and you we would win the first of two direct Games against them. also we would steal another Regular Win if we equal in Points in the end.

The Game against the Yotes showed they have the will to battle for it. Again we didnt scored the first Goal but still won the Game.
And they have to take it serious, all the Main Injuries should not lower their offensive Power. And when each toplines are able to cancel each other out, theDepth Scoreing will be a big Part, as both Goaltenders and defensive Pairings.

At least put up a good fight, most Time effort and will, brings you the better Outcome.

Reactions: Boothinator

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. This is the chance for the Panthers to completely demoralize the Leafs.

@Boothinator will be at the game tomorrow as well. Between periods we are usually in the area of the concessions near 129. If you're at the game stop by and say hello! Carson (@Boothinator) is here from Germany for the next 5 games.

I will probably be wearing a dark blue practice jersey with the old cat on front, 6'5, so you should find us.

I will be happy to meet everyone! I am so pumped up and it has been a few years since I have seen such a huge game live. Glad to be back home at BB&T Center. Beach and Ocean is a nice plus while being in the US

We can't afford to lose this one to this putrid Leafs D. Five of them played in AHL Calder Cup Finals 2018 (Game 1)

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I will be happy to meet everyone! I am so pumped up and it has been a few years since I have seen such a huge game live. Glad to be back home at BB&T Center. Beach and Ocean is a nice plus while being in the US

We can't afford to lose this one to this putrid Leafs D. Five of them played in AHL Calder Cup Finals 2018 (Game 1)

Wish I could join you. Not in the cards this year, but next year I'll definitely be going.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Safe to say this is the biggest game since the outcome will determine whether or not the 4th game between Leafs and Panthers will mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad