Pre-Game Talk: Leafs open season | Oct. 11, Wednesday @7pm EST | - What's your roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Alright.... Pre-Season is done! Time for real hockey to start. I would prefer lines to be different (I'd rather have Nylander-Marner playing together to create Match-Up issues for opposition; force them to choose between defending against Matthews or Marner-Nylander) but given how they've gone about whats your line up and what do you think will be the opening night roster?

Given caphit implications and how keefe has put the line-up together my guess...

Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Domi-Nylander-Jankrok
Knies-Tavares-Lafferty
Gregor Kampf Reaves

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Klingberg (assuming healthy)
Gio Liljegren

Samsonov
Woll

I think Minton will head down as Leafs would wanna get someone who can PK and they will sign Gregor.

Without Gregor Leafs' PK guys are: Marner, Kampf, Lafferty, Jankrok. I don't think Matthews' PK experiment will last long. If you play Matthews like you did Marner last season both of them will be out of gas by the time playoffs start.

Basically Robertson, Minton are waiver exempt, and Leafs as much flexibility as they can get in terms of cap maneuvering as next season is going to be tough to begin with. Timmins is going to be tough when the season begins and he is healthy.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Bertuzzi Matthews Marner

Domi Tavares Nylander

Knies Minten Jarnkrok

Reaves Kampf Gregor

Reilly Brodie

McCabe Klingberg

Gio Lilly

Samsonov

Woll.

Sam Lafferty is simply not needed, hopefully he clears waivers because he'd be a good injury call up.

But if he doesn't oh well.

Last edited:

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Bertuzzi Matthews Marner

Domi Tavares Nylander

Knies Minten Jarnkrok

Reaves Holmberg Gregor

Reilly Brodie

McCabe Klingberg

Gio Lilly

Samsonov

Woll.

Sam Lafferty is simply not needed, hopefully he clears waivers because he'd be a good injury call up.

But if he doesn't oh well.
I like your lines, particularly the third line. I really think Minten has earned himself a 9 game tryout at the very least. I do think that Kampf will be the 4th line centre, he's perfectly suited for that role and has more experience than Holmberg. Minten did a very good job penalty killing so losing Lafferty is not biggie.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Based this off Leaffanforlife assuming he had a cap friendly roster, just switched the lines up abit
Knies Matthews Nylander
Bertuzzi JT Marner
Domi Minten Jarnkrok
Gregor Kampf Reaves

Reilly Brodie
McCabe Klingberg
Gio Lilly

Sammy
Woll

Reactions: nuck

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
This is where I want to say I hope to see some great posters back again.

Teeder Keon hasn't posted since the season ended, I know he was having some health things so hopefully he just took a well deserved break and we see him back. We need to see that Crying Jim Hughson picture after every win.

I'll also be twerking that thang in hope we see Senior Martinez resurrected for a third time after being slain by Troll Stomper. His positivity and love of tough hockey, cigars and fine women brought many laughs to my scrolling.

And of course, many more posters on here I seem to routinely interact with that are chill and fun. Just looking forward to another great season and the ups and downs and hopefully a real cup run.

And it starts with destroying the Habs at home. GLG.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Change the thread title it’s a bit short bus.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
BERTUZZI - MATTHEWS - MARNER
DOMI - TAVARES - NYLANDER
KNIES - MINTEN - JARNKROK
GREGOR - KAMPF - REAVES

RIELLY - BRODIE
MCCABE - KLINGBERG
GIORDANO - LILJEGREN

SAMSONOV
WOLL

- If Minten continues to play well, our offensive depth is very good
- Our D is a little more concerning and Klingbergs 5v5 play and Giordano's potential slowing down will be things to watch
- Goaltending should be strong with upside that Woll could potentially steal the #1 spot at some point
- More then enough talent overall to have a great season, just need to play with lots of intensity and focus

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If you think Toronto is locked into a top 3 spot in the Atlantic, there are no locks for the other 2 spots. It will be a fun season to not only watch Toronto, but also other teams. Who finishes in the other 2 Atlantic spots? How does Ottawa stack up? Does Buffalo finally make it? Does Detroit end up fighting for playoff spot till the end? How will Florida do after having a fairly short off season and dealing with some injuries? How will Tampa fare without Vasi for about 2 months? And those are just things to watch in our own division. Interesting stuff to watch for around the whole league, imo

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
BERTUZZI - MATTHEWS - MARNER
DOMI - TAVARES - NYLANDER
KNIES - MINTEN - JARNKROK
GREGOR - KAMPF - REAVES

RIELLY - BRODIE
MCCABE - KLINGBERG
GIORDANO - LILJEGREN

SAMSONOV
WOLL

- If Minten continues to play well, our offensive depth is very good
- Our D is a little more concerning and Klingbergs 5v5 play and Giordano's potential slowing down will be things to watch
- Goaltending should be strong with upside that Woll could potentially steal the #1 spot at some point
- More then enough talent overall to have a great season, just need to play with lots of intensity and focus
That’s the lineup I start with as well. If JT and Willie aren’t clicking, you can always rotate Marner with Nylander.

Reactions: weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad