Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers - HNIC - 7pm

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I wonder what happened to Gauthier...?

Maybe its just me, but I don't mind the Marleau-Kadri-Nylander line... trying to recreate a little bit (80%) of the Marleau-Kadri-Marner line to finish last season??

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Gotta love how people complain about a depth piece not playing above a solid 4th liner (and arguably our best PKer)...

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Gotta love how people complain about a depth piece not playing about a solid 4th liner (and arguably our best PKer)...

Babcock talks about best possible lines, trying to win, earning your spot, making the most of your opportunities blah blah blah..... then does crap like this!?

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Babcock talks about best possible lines, trying to win, earning your spot, making the most of your opportunities blah blah blah..... then does crap like this!?

So who is supposed to replace Brown in the top PK unit? Tyler Ennis?

Come on, man.... Brown over Moore is not a big deal...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Have they announced that these are the lines/roster they are going with tomorrow ?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So who is supposed to replace Brown in the top PK unit? Tyler Ennis?

Come on, man.... Brown over Moore is not a big deal...
No kidding.
Not sure what will happen first, will they drowned or dehydrate with the incessant crying ?

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Why oh whhhhyyyyyyyyy wont Babs put Willy with Matthews

Whether you agree with it, or not... I think Babcock both wants more out of them before putting them together, and I can't really fault them with that logic. Even then, if the 2nd and 3rd lines aren't clicking in the first period or two, I wouldn't be suprised to see an in-game shakeup. Babcock has appeared to do that a bit this season (realtively to previous years).

If Matthews can become that 'puck hound' he showed he was at the start of the season, and if Nylander can round out his game... then put them together... but right now, Matthews and Nylander have been pretty big liabilities on the defensive side of the puck (moreso Matthews).

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
At this point...it's Babcock. He does what he does. None of this is truly shocking. Moving up Nylander so our two #1 lines can be excellent would make sense. Can't have that. Dropping Brown who is dead weight except maybe on the PK (not even sure he's that good there) would be worth a look for a game or two.

The only surprising thing is Gauthier not being out there. Hopefully not a serious injury there.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This close to the playoffs, we can only assume Babs is comfortable going into the playoffs with this lineup. IMO he should be giving Nylander - Matthews 10 games to get it going together, just let them play. Kappy and Kadri looked good and if we get two hot lines we can beat Boston.

Right now it's like he's neutering two of our lines, and now our 4th line which has been our 2nd best line a lot of nights is bad too. I really like Babs but he is becoming hard to defend with some of these decisions.

He's always been like this though, if the media and stuff suggest something it's like he doesn't want to make the change or else he will be seen as caving to the media. So he forces things for months and makes the change on his own terms.

However if we are out in the first round again, assistants must go and Babs should be on the hot seat.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I guarantee Nylander will be up in the next few games... Moore will make it back in... he already said hes rotating the 4th line. Stop your crying people

Hes not going to insert kadri back in with a new set of linemates... hes going to give him time to find his legs. There's more to coaching than lines on paper

Reactions: MyBudJT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad