Leafs need Lw help

drede

Jul 13, 2023
With knies getting hurt really shows this team badly needs help with a top 6 lw I think with the dman they have added should be enough and they should look to add a solid top 6 lw. It's been a issue for a while and now is the time to address it

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Yeah I was of the same mind then I though about it. I want a specific LW for the top 2 lines. I dont want a shooter on Mattys LW taking shot opportunities away from him? I want a big body power forward type, that plays a heavy game and create space for Matty, Willie and Mitch and creates havoc in front of the opponents net.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs are sooooooo poooorly constructed.

We have a #1C - but who can’t carry the puck.
We have a #2C (now 3C) - who can’t carry the puck.

We are missing:
#1 LW.
#1 D.
#1 G.

It’s so obvious we need to move one of our two top RW. It’s sad, but if the goal was a cup, we need to let Marner walk. We need the cap space for missing parts.

Who cares if the right side tires are great if the car has no brakes ?

The NHL only exists for owners to make money. Why they make money (hockey) isn’t relevant.

Marner: sign and trade ideally.

Otherwise walk.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
3rd Line C to swap for Domi and move Domi to the wing might be an even better option IMO.

Reactions: Dr.Funk

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
3rd Line C to swap for Domi and move Domi to the wing might be an even better option IMO.
If Knies is out then we need to get a PK centre to take over duties between Jarnkrok and BERT and move Domi up with Mitch and Auston.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
It's a little late in the game for this kind of request. Where were you and your shopping list in December?

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
If Knies is out then we need to get a PK centre to take over duties between Jarnkrok and BERT and move Domi up with Mitch and Auston.
I actually like Domi on wing better than center. He plays more like a wing than a center in my opinion, but for some reason he wants to play center.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Buchnevich?

I love his skill but he would be wasted if he played on the 1st/2nd line, a guy like him needs the puck, Matty/Marner always have the puck, cant play him there, Willie always has the puck, is a but of a puck hog, not sure you can play him 2nd line. If you are getting him thinking 3rd line (2B line) that might make sense. As good as he is , I wouldn't want him top 2 lines taking scoring chances away from Mitch/Matt/Willie.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Yeah I was of the same mind then I though about it. I want a specific LW for the top 2 lines. I dont want a shooter on Mattys LW taking shot opportunities away from him? I want a big body power forward type, that plays a heavy game and create space for Matty, Willie and Mitch and creates havoc in front of the opponents net.
You could get away with a speed demon that goes straight to the net and can receive passes/ make passes at high speed. If you can't find a fast power forward. You can't get a slow one we have tried that and the stars already make Tavares look slow. So their wheels need to be a step above.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I love his skill but he would be wasted if he played on the 1st/2nd line, a guy like him needs the puck, Matty/Marner always have the puck, cant play him there, Willie always has the puck, is a but of a puck hog, not sure you can play him 2nd line. If you are getting him thinking 3rd line (2B line) that might make sense. As good as he is , I wouldn't want him top 2 lines taking scoring chances away from Mitch/Matt/Willie.

Yea, he would work on a "Spread the skill" scenerio and the fact he isnt defensively useless is attractive too. May have more need for a center though and move Domi to the wing.

I guess we'll find out soon what Tre's vision is for filling out the team for this years run. Standing pat would be the worst thing IMO.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Leafs are sooooooo poooorly constructed.

We have a #1C - but who can’t carry the puck.
We have a #2C (now 3C) - who can’t carry the puck.

We are missing:
#1 LW.
#1 D.
#1 G.

It’s so obvious we need to move one of our two top RW. It’s sad, but if the goal was a cup, we need to let Marner walk. We need the cap space for missing parts.

Who cares if the right side tires are great if the car has no brakes ?

The NHL only exists for owners to make money. Why they make money (hockey) isn’t relevant.

Marner: sign and trade ideally.

Otherwise walk.
What do you mean Matthews can't carry the puck? Thats absurd. Just because Marner is a better option, doesn't mean Matthews doesnt/can't carry the puck.

He is positionaly deeper than the wingers in the defensive zone so he usually passes it to Marner to start the breakout, but it's not because he can't carry the puck.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
What do you mean Matthews can't carry the puck? Thats absurd. Just because Marner is a better option, doesn't mean Matthews doesnt/can't carry the puck.

You think Matthews is good at zone entries ?

vs McDavid ?
vs MacKinnon ?

vs Nylander ?

He doesn’t drive play.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Leafs need cap space which is why Marner and/or Nylander would have been traded in the offseason if I were the GM.

Regardless. Leafs went for it for the last three years or so, I agreed with this approach, but, the core didn't get it done when it mattered.

Thus, Brad will get what he can but he is strapped. That's the gamble of hoping your key players will be Gamers when it matters most. I repeat that last years playoff team was the deepest this team had and they won a single round.

If he adds anything more it is just a bonus at this point and it would be best if he added by subtraction. Whoever has demanded that the same core remain intact all these years of failures is the enemy of reality.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
You think Matthews is good at zone entries ?

vs McDavid ?
vs MacKinnon ?

vs Nylander ?

He doesn’t drive play.

You just listed arguably the 2 forwards with the best zone entry skills in the world.

If you think Matthews has no puck carrying skills, I don't know what to tell you.

I didn't dispute a comment that said "he isn't one of the top 5 in the world at carrying the puck", you stated "[Matthews] can't carry the puck" which is a statement that is beyond absurd.

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
Yeah we need help up front because you can't possibly expect the 4 guys making 45+ million to actually play like it.

McDavid and Drai going 2ppg in the playoffs meanwhile our core can't be bothered to even go ppg.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00