Leafs Make Playoffs!

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
importance-of-celebrating-life-milestones-1.jpg

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
nearly a decade of playoffs in a row. despite our failures, we've been lucky. lets go on a run. its time
This core makes the playoffs in their sleep, you would think they would have atleast one off year where they miss the playoffs but it never happened. They even made the playoffs as teenage rookies under the constraints of an emotionally abusive coach.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I like it a whole better when the Leafs make the playoffs 8 straight years rather than missing for 7 straight years like we did straight outta the lockout.
As a Leaf fan for 50 years, this is the longest consecutive streak I can recall.

We tend to take it for granted because of our lack of playoff success, but that is a noteworthy accomplishment.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Well I'm glad to see it's finally official what we've all known since American Thanksgiving.

If this team didn't make the playoffs there would've been hell to pay. Any team with so much talent should be able to easily make the playoffs every year. It's what happens after that matters.

The Leafs target is one of hit and quit it.

Just making the playoffs is good enough. Doesn't matter if they check out the first round. Playoffs are only random tournaments of piddling sample sizes anyway.

It's all puck luck and crooked refs.

With the odds stacked against them like that I can't blame them for not trying. Remember kids aim low. Why try when continued mediocrity is acceptable.

Only for ML$E is just making the playoffs something worth celebrating.

Last edited:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I remember a time (the 80's) where every effin game mattered. Game 80 was often a make or break playoff moment. I do not miss those days.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs Make Playoffs!

It's kinda like Cinderella's sisters did get invites to the Ball, but did they really have a chance at the Prince ?

1712505643722.png

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This core makes the playoffs in their sleep, you would think they would have atleast one off year where they miss the playoffs but it never happened. They even made the playoffs as teenage rookies under the constraints of an emotionally abusive coach.

19-20 would have been close if not for the pandemic shut down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad