Post-Game Talk: Leafs make a trash goalie look great, this is a recording. | 3-2 Florida in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Grand scheme, this loss really doesn’t matter. Leafs got a point so they gained on Tampa for home ice and still have a game in hand, they controlled play for the majority of the game which makes it three games in a row now so it’s good they’re getting back on track, and Samsonov looked fine so goaltending there is still solid.

Biggest issue is Willy taking a step back recently. Really need him to start getting back to his dominant self heading into the playoffs. We know he’s capable of it and as far as we know he’s as healthy as he can be so there’s no excuse. Tavares also needs to clean up his act defensively, he’s been getting points but that’s the fourth time in seven gams that he’s a minus and had major brain farts defensively.
Do the Leafs have a magic number yet you know about?

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
we at least the playoffs won’t be a slow death . I don’t see this coach taking them to a deep run into the playoffs

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
OK but that was more the union thinking transcontinental travel was to hard on the player, and the owners thinking of reduced costs.

The fan is the last consideration especiallyif it possibly effects the money

@Jamason two west teams would probably infringe on some TV deal or something crazy like that.

I'd love to see the crossover and make it a 3 game round Robin kind of thingand then two 7 game series you'd probably have to make the 1st round a best of 5 or something so as not to have over 28 games for any one team
Agreed - in many ways "best for the fans" is very low on the list.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Just a general observation in posts here. Folks that are saying that last end of the regular season doesn’t matter others should chill then I think you should direct your displeasure at the coach i.e. Keefe

If these games don’t matter why in the blue hell is marner playing 25 mins a game ?

Can’t have the cake and eat it too. Pick one!

Reactions: Cleetus

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Just a general observation in posts here. Folks that are saying that last end of the regular season doesn’t matter others should chill then I think you should direct your displeasure at the coach i.e. Keefe

If these games don’t matter why in the blue hell is marner playing 25 mins a game ?

Can’t have the cake and eat it too. Pick one!
It's obvious that Marner is chasing 100 pts. The problem is more minutes he plays the more mistakes he makes, especially late in the game.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
what is MSL’s perspective?

Not trolling I genuinely don’t know
Martin St.Louis mentioned the hockey gods disfavoring the Canadiens because of the alternate jerseys they’re wearing.

Questioned (implied) the soundness of an original six club participating in the exercise.

Reactions: PromisedLand

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Martin St.Louis mentioned the hockey gods disfavoring the Canadiens because of the alternate jerseys they’re wearing.

Questioned (implied) the soundness of an original six club participating in the exercise.
@ITM - I'm not sure why it quoted you. I thought I hit reply directly to the general thread. My comment has nothing to do with anything you wrote. My apologies.

Everybody talking about Nylander, Rielly and Tavares in overtime.

How about Liljegren with the pathetic clearing attempt that resulted in turnover the last minute of the game that ultimately ended up responsible for the overtime to begin with?

What about Jake McCabe serving up a muffin the first minute of the game?

McCabe stinks.

Every game, every single game, he takes a bad penalty or makes a boneheaded decision that ultimately costs the team. I fail to see how anyone can look at Jake McCabe, or Timothy Liljegren for that matter, and be thinking, "Gee, Dubas did a really good job putting together a cup contending defense".

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing it.

They didn't show up on time again. Then they compounded it by checking out early. Any other kid making minimum wage at some crap job can show up on time and finish their shift.

These guys getting paid millions of dollars in guaranteed contracts don't have the same sense of urgency I guess.

They jast show up and play whenever they want. Bunting ignores Keefe on the bench, and doesn't get press boxed for the next game. Who's really in control here?

Because right now I have to think the players are.

Reactions: weems and ITM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad