OT: Leafs Lounge v.130 - Pepperidge Farm Remembers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2010
Wow you guys are *******s :laugh:

Instead of going to the zoo, take the Toronto Islands tour cruise.

Cost me and the wife $70 to just get into the zoo like 10yrs ago.

Go to the ROM. IT's close to down town. The Science center is only a few bus ride away. Take a walk up Church St. from Queen to Wellesly. Different world on that little stretch.

Don't eat at the revolving restraunt in the CN tower.

Have a burger and beer at the Loose MOose. It's on Front st. just west of Union station. Downstairs is the more party place.

Go for a walk on the PATH. Its a city under the city. Pretty cool.

Have a fun week man.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010

Go to the ROM. IT's close to down town. The Science center is only a few bus ride away. Take a walk up Church St. from Queen to Wellesly. Different world on that little stretch.

Have a burger and beer at the Loose MOose. It's on Front st. just west of Union station. Downstairs is the more party place.

Have a fun week man.

I knew the zoo is somewhat expensive.. She's never been though and really loves animals. :laugh:

I knew about the Loose Moose and we knew about the CN Tower. We were avoiding that spot :laugh:

I've been on the PATH before and we plan on doing a lot of walking through that and Eaton Centre.. Told her to bring walking shoes :laugh:

Apr 1, 2010
Just found out one of my best girl friends has a 10cm tumour in her brain. :( they don't know if it is cancerous yet or not but still really scary news! :scared:

A friends daughter had a fist sized tumour removed from her brain. The operation caused paralysis to one side of her body. She is slowly getting function back. She can flip the bird again. :D

We raised almost 50K through a benefit dinner and auction and put her story on Fundme.com. The money has gone to refit her moms house and get equipment like bath chairs, walkers, etc.

She was only 21 when the tumour was discovered. Just saw her last weekend and she is doing great. Make sure your friend stays positive. That seems to be the biggest part of recovery.

Best wishes to her and her family.

Apr 1, 2010
I knew the zoo is somewhat expensive.. She's never been though and really loves animals. :laugh:

I knew about the Loose Moose and we knew about the CN Tower. We were avoiding that spot :laugh:

I've been on the PATH before and we plan on doing a lot of walking through that and Eaton Centre.. Told her to bring walking shoes :laugh:

Checkout the St. Lawrence market. It is walking distance from the HHoF. Just a neat place to walk through and see the different stuff.

Ace88*

Also check out Kensington market, it's an awesome place in summer. also check out high park and maybe a beach or two.

MeowLeafs

LM is awesome
Oct 20, 2008
Baconland

Have a fun week man.

Pretty sure tickets are only like $25 each...and it's pretty rare for tickets to be cheaper 10 years later...
Unless the $70 also included stuff like parking and food.
Or you just got jipped.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Chuck-Norris-trolls-Liam-Nelson....jpg

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
Ball hockey tonight was brutal, we only had 3 players against their 7.

Still managed to keep the game close but we ended up losing 12-11 after they scored with 20 seconds left lol

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Just found out one of my best girl friends has a 10cm tumour in her brain. :( they don't know if it is cancerous yet or not but still really scary news! :scared:

That's some scary ****.

Kid I went to elementary school with passed away a year ago or so because of a brain tumour.

Ace88*

Pretty ticked with my brother and sisters. Im "making" them come with me to scarborough (barf) to see our grandmother, who doesnt have very much at all left in the tank. Doc's told her to get her affairs in order and all my siblings are dragging their feet about going out there. Pissing me off they cant at least fake being happy to see her probably for the last time.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Hate choosing courses. I want too many and there's not enough slots.

Anyone remember taking grade 11 french, ancient history, law, or geography? Have to choose 2 and I can't decide.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Do you plan on going to college or university and if so, do you know what you want to take? If yes, take courses according to that. Grade 11 and 12 are the time to get your requisite courses.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed

Anyone remember taking grade 11 french, ancient history, law, or geography? Have to choose 2 and I can't decide.

11 French was cool and it gives you more backup for when you go to games in Mtl, and Law just so you know how far you can push the envelope..:D

I found this video today makes me excited for the season to begin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofekI7sogE8
sorry if this has been already posted

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Do you plan on going to college or university and if so, do you know what you want to take? If yes, take courses according to that. Grade 11 and 12 are the time to get your requisite courses.

Yeah I took the courses I need for that but these are the extra ones that I wanted to choose for fun. I have 2 slots left and these are the 4 options. French I wanted to take because the more I can speak the better (love the language). Law, because I figured a little knowledge would prolly benefit me if I'm going into the sciences. But I'm really into anicent history and I think with a pretty stressful schedule already (english, functions, bio, chem, physics, psych) it would be nice to have a course like that. And geography is interesting as well.

I've already taken french and law, but I'm debating dropping them for geography and history. None of the courses really have anything to do with my uni program.

JMcLeaf

Took both ancient civilizations and geography. Enjoyed both.

donkeyy0

May 31, 2011
Pretty sure tickets are only like $25 each...and it's pretty rare for tickets to be cheaper 10 years later...
Unless the $70 also included stuff like parking and food.
Or you just got jipped.

I recall paying like 12 bucks last year. This year it was about 25 when I went...ive gotta be misremembering tho because I can't believe they would doubly prices

Apr 1, 2010
Gonna make a biiiiiiiiig, really big batch of pasta sauce this aft.
I got 4lbs of ground meat. 1lb each of Chicken, Turkey, pork and beef. Celery, Onions, Green, red and some type of hot peppers, 3 packages of fresh sliced mushrooms. Then for the actual sauce part I'm going to use no salt added diced tomato's w/ Italian herbs and spice, no salt added tomato paste and low sodium V8.

Then I spice it taste. Mmmmm

Just have to wait for the wife to get the heck out of my road, so I can destroy the kitchen she just cleaned. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad