OT: Leafs Lounge V. 124.. Summer Days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Hurt, should I finish watching the GoT series before I start reading the books or just go ahead and read the books?

I'm not too sure. Thinking about reading the books anyways, as it will probably be 10x better than the show.

Read the books after the finale tonight. There is a ton more details and subplots you just don't see in the show.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Man, it's sad how obvious the Eakins to Oilers thing was...

May 18th 2012- Oilers fire head coach Tom Renney. Shortly after, speculation ensues that Dallas Eakins is a candidate.

June 4th 2012 - Leafs sign Eakins to a 3 year extension. He must complete year 1 at minimum, and once season is over, is then able to take offers for other coaching opportunities. This blocks teams from talking to Eakins this off season.

June 26th 2012 - After a lengthy job search, they Oilers decide to just promote assistant coach Ralph Krueger.

May 21st 2013- Marlies eliminated from playoffs. Rumors come out that Oilers are looking for an "associate coach".

June 8th 2013- Oilers fire Ralph Kruger, agree on a verbal agreement with Dallas Eakins.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
Hurt, should I finish watching the GoT series before I start reading the books or just go ahead and read the books?

I'm not too sure. Thinking about reading the books anyways, as it will probably be 10x better than the show.

I've only watched season 1 but I thought it actually was super close to how the book was. Finishing up book 2 today or tomorrow, will be watching season 2 soon.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
^ cats are jerks

Ladyfriend and I were dog sitting last night .. My roommates cat persistantly hissed and stalked it until the pup was relaxed and sleeping in the living room .. She then dove bombed it and swiped at her a few times :facepalm: so random

Apr 1, 2010
^ cats are jerks

Ladyfriend and I were dog sitting last night .. My roommates cat persistantly hissed and stalked it until the pup was relaxed and sleeping in the living room .. She then dove bombed it and swiped at her a few times :facepalm: so random
lol My cat will attack dogs to. My buddies Rotti managed to get a piece of him but usually he does a lap around the dogs head and takes off. Then comes back after a few minutes to try again.

The brother-in law's miniature pinscher is permanently traumatized.

Well seeing the talk between them during monopoly doing this seems pretty normal :laugh:

Those monopoly games get crazy. Not a fan of the turn limit.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Read the books after the finale tonight. There is a ton more details and subplots you just don't see in the show.

My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the advice!

I completely forgot the finale was tonight. Ice-cream then Soccer then Game of Thrones tonight :D

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Man I want pizza so bad, not just any pizza though I want actual real homemade pizza :laugh:

Step 1: Go out and buy pizza dough and tomato sauce
Step 2: Get desired toppings and cheese from the store as well
Step 3: Bake the pizza

Given your goal, and the time frame here, this is the closest to homemade you can get.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Step 1: Go out and buy pizza dough and tomato sauce
Step 2: Get desired toppings and cheese from the store as well
Step 3: Bake the pizza

Given your goal, and the time frame here, this is the closest to homemade you can get.

Just make dough yourself you just need yeast, flour, salt, sugar, water.
Or at least that's what I use.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for the advice!

I completely forgot the finale was tonight. Ice-cream then Soccer then Game of Thrones tonight :D

If what happens what I think is going to happen, it's going to be a GREAT finale. Season 4 next March is based on essentially the second half of A Storm of Swords.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
A group of like 12 year olds came up to me and no joke asked where I could get cocaine :laugh:

Apr 1, 2010
Pita was awesome. Messy as hell tho. Gotta start putting less toppings on.

But then it might not be as good. The way I get it now it looks like a small football. Doubt I would miss a topping or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad