OT: Leafs Lounge #150 - The Big 1 5 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Don't wind turbines cause like cancer or something?

People making claims like that is bs. Although some people claim they have been suffering from severe migraines since the original couple sets of turbines went up in my area like 5+ years ago. I'm no doctor but I wouldn't be surprised if that were possible with all the magnetic fields and junk. But that's not even a big deal, it was only a select few people who had troubles with that. I'm more concerned about how these things are a huge waste of money at this point.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
I loaded up on Kings and a couple Rangers players in my playoff pool mane. I'm laughing to the bank.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Today was just like yesterday. Woke up at 11, went on HF, had a great dinner with a girl I talked to a ton in high school, came home, played MLB The Show, and that's pretty much it.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Homophobic?

Sort of. She doesn't go on a Rush Limbaugh type crusade against them, but she tries to keep her distance. I told her my ex was bi and she cringed and said something to the effect of "sorry honey, can't imagine the hell you must've gone through". Yeah... :laugh:

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Sort of. She doesn't go on a Rush Limbaugh type crusade against them, but she tries to keep her distance. I told her my ex was bi and she cringed and said something to the effect of "sorry honey, can't imagine the hell you must've gone through". Yeah... :laugh:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I dislike homophobes.

I'm 100% accepting of gays. I'm like, the furthest thing from prejudiced against anyone. Almost bleeding heart level.

A lot of people I know are secretly homophobe. At least they don't go on an all out crusade against them. They just distance themselves, which isn't too bad.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This person I know that used to be one of my real good friends said that gays have no reason to live, since the whole purpose of life is to have kids and might as well be dead

Haven't talked to him since.

Ace88*

i was just going by what the ads said. (though I wish they would all just run without slamming each other down - i'm pretty sure they all have their down points).

why is it bad that 1 out of 5 work for the government? i never heard about this being a deterrent before.

Because it's taxpayer money that writes their cheques. There's a boggling amount of relatively useless government jobs. If you cut the number of government jobs from 20% of working adults to even 15% you would be saving millions per year that could go towards other stuff. As long as the jobs stay in Canada through privatized or even publicly tradable companies there'd suddenly be an influx of extra cash to help get ontario back to being a budget surplus province.

Ace88*

given the population problem lol you'd think more people would be supporting gay folks and adoption.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kyle can I give you my TWD Sucks avatar so you can put that one on.

Your current one bugs the crap out of me :laugh:

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
given the population problem lol you'd think more people would be supporting gay folks and adoption.

Hopefully the population lessens a little bit as the baby boomers start getting older and dying off.

I hope that didn't sound too rude haha.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Once they all start retiring more jobs will open up and eventually things should balance out

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
It's kinda funny because I was into this lady initially when I was single and she wasn't, then like 3 months ago she started talking to me when she was single and I wasn't, now we're both single and found each other again. Tonight's dinner was great, even with the fact that the end result was an awkward makeout session :laugh:

She was born in Minneapolis, MN. The entire state is like, basically the US version of stereotypical Canada (cold, freakishly polite, insanely accepting of everyone, hockey crazy, etc), so to meet someone rather abrasive born originating from Minnesota is very surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad