Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose to Bruins 4-1

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Historical revisionism at its finest.
It seems to me it isn't cause doesn't Willie lead the team in scoring and all offensive categories over that time, I'm talking pure domination:nod:

I doubt he'll waive to Zona but he'll need to find a team that'll play him in the top 6 and the Yotes might give him that opportunity

anyway it's probably wishful thinking on my part that the team would ask him to waive and he'd agree to it so i'm really just pissing into the wind , lol
Yeah I doubt he would, but you know who might?

I doubt he'll waive to Zona but he'll need to find a team that'll play him in the top 6 and the Yotes might give him that opportunity

anyway it's probably wishful thinking on my part that the team would ask him to waive and he'd agree to it so i'm really just pissing into the wind , lol
Yeah I doubt he would, but you know who might?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Well when you’ve been watching this team for 60 years you tend to learn which teams have what it takes and which don’t. And the Leafs have the most talented core forward I’ve seen on this team but they are also the most timid and least competitive group I’ve seen on any team in the league and that will never change until they trade one of them and Tavares salary is off the books. Then they can build a deeper forward group and dcore that can actually compete for a cup. You call it storm clouds. I call it recognizing what hasn’t worked in the past acknowledging their obvious flaws and changing the formula.
I wouldn't call that storm clouds either.

Reactions: Ports

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Leafs went after Marchand. BRUINS didnt have any pushback. Are they soft? YES. Their captain TURTLED all night.

Leafs fans would be all over the Leafs if they got pushed around like the Bruins did last night and watch a captain like Marchand turtle all night.

Mitch Marner lovers who watched him with the puck on his stick with an empty net down 1 goal, who still defend him today, should leave Leafs Nation.

He is a cancer. TO pass up an open net only to skate around the net to look for Matthews (OBVIOUS) is why the Leafs top line goes DRY. He is playing shinny hockey in the NHL.

Leafs need to get rid of Mitch.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Leafs went after Marchand. BRUINS didnt have any pushback. Are they soft? YES. Their captain TURTLED all night.

Leafs fans would be all over the Leafs if they got pushed around like the Bruins did last night and watch a captain like Marchand turtle all night.

Mitch Marner lovers who watched him with the puck on his stick with an empty net down 1 goal, who still defend him today, should leave Leafs Nation.

He is a cancer. TO pass up an open net only to skate around the net to look for Matthews (OBVIOUS) is why the Leafs top line goes DRY. He is playing shinny hockey in the NHL.

Jeebuzz man do you not know that the whole story is Matthews 70, and not Mitch 20whatever. Cmon get yer head in the game, it's as plain as the nose on your face.

Even if the Leafs were able to add a scoring LW there is no way Matthews would tolerate it. Nobody takes away his chances, they're his and if you don't like it, tough bananas!

Last edited:

Ports

Dec 7, 2017

Probably although I’d love to see it too.

Reactions: hotpaws

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
McCabe showed up? What, by hulking out over nothing and costing the team a goal against in the first few minutes of the game?

I'll give you that Domi tried to respond but he's not any good at being a rat.

The most pathetic part is probably Keefe saying that he was okay with Marchand's "accidental" hit on Knies. Even whatever's left of Jeff O'Neill's hockey mind can tell that was entirely on purpose. Sadly, nobody on this team is capable of responding in kind. Reaves is supposed to be the enforcer keeping other teams honest but was as usual of no use at all. It's hard to impose yourself if nobody wants to fight you and you're too slow to catch opposing players off guard.
Marchand speared McCabe in the balls. Sneaky dirtiest player in the league.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

Mitch Marners signature move is drop pass. Open net confuses him. No killer instinct or push to the net.

I wish he turned around and drop pass scored on that one !

Reactions: Twowingcantfly

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
brodie goes on the guy in possession of the puck, mccabe protected the guy in front of the net. Kampf put pressure and was protecting the slot...

Can you tell me what nylander did? the only thing he had to do was protecting the cross crease. Geekie was the player nylander had to be sure he didn't get the puck and he would be able to do it pretty easily by working harder
So if the Leafs are shorthanded, that leaves two for Willy to cover!

Thanks for proving me right.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
So if the Leafs are shorthanded, that leaves two for Willy to cover!

Thanks for proving me right.

1-no the guy at blue line was not dangerous, on pk you need to cover the more dangerous weapon because you just cant protwct everything. If yiu cant understand that part of the game, i dont know what to say seriously...

2- he was protecting f*** all. Leafs would be at 3v5 at this momebt and honestly i dont think that will be easier for boston.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
But yet that big dummy Rempe doesn't even rate a friggin penalty for his assault on the boosh

This league is so up and down and on the square that it makes for a shining example to honest folk everywhere:sarcasm:

I added the sarcasm emoji in case some of you missed the point.
Parros' anoos is still sore from Orr's pounding. Someone needs to let him know that he can use ice to bring down the swelling.

Reactions: HolyCrap

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Had to watch this late last night on the DVR. Glad I was able to zip through the last 1/2 of the game.
It was definitely over early.

As expected.

screenshot-2024-03-07-at-10-03-05%E2%80%AFpm-png.831802

Aged like Milk

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
1-no the guy at blue line was not dangerous, on pk you need to cover the more dangerous weapon because you just cant protwct everything. If yiu cant understand that part of the game, i dont know what to say seriously...

2- he was protecting f*** all. Leafs would be at 3v5 at this momebt and honestly i dont think that will be easier for boston.
If you don't know the difference between zone and man-to-man coverage, "i dont know what you say seriously..." (sic).

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
If you don't know the difference between zone and man-to-man coverage, "i dont know what you say seriously..." (sic).
his zone was the middle of the ice and was almost stick on brodie with stick up in the air. Maybe you will learn something but when youre defending, youre stick is up on the air and youre out of position... the chance you making a play is pratically at 0

I can leave with player trying to make a play but miss it but its not the case there, its was just a total lack of heart. 0 effort on that pk, thats where im concern. im not concern about the fact Boston scored, im concern with the fact he had 0 energy at all in a key game where he should be playing at 100%

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
his zone was the middle of the ice and was almost stick on brodie with stick up in the air. Maybe you will learn something but when youre defending, youre stick is up on the air and youre out of position... the chance you making a play is pratically at 0

I can leave with player trying to make a play but miss it but its not the case there, its was just a total lack of heart. 0 effort on that pk, thats where im concern. im not concern about the fact Boston scored, im concern with the fact he had 0 energy at all in a key game where he should be playing at 100%
I've been playing defence for over 60 years, and taught it for a while - I've learned a lot about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad