Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose to Bruins 4-1

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
McCabe and Domi 1st stars for me.

Finally someone (Domi) just said enough is enough and went after him. Marchand typically turtled. We lost the battle but these are important building blocks to 'hopefully' win the war.

Reactions: theTTC

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
It’s interesting how people love to get on this core as the root cause of our challenges in the playoffs. While they are leaders on this team, in my opinion, it’s been the supporting cast and style of play that have been the issue.

We call them regular season stars, which is true, but we fail to recognize that we haven’t ever finished as the top team in our division in the regular season. We’ve generally lost to teams that were better in the regular season. The exception here is COVID with Montreal & Columbus of course, but I don’t recall Sundin getting such grief 20y ago.

Look at our regular season and postseason stats. It’s clear who has been carrying the team. Without those 3, we are bottom feeders.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
1-no the guy at blue line was not dangerous, on pk you need to cover the more dangerous weapon because you just cant protwct everything. If yiu cant understand that part of the game, i dont know what to say seriously...

2- he was protecting f*** all. Leafs would be at 3v5 at this momebt and honestly i dont think that will be easier for boston.
Boston put on a clinic on man coverage on the pk last game, Leafs pk thrives when the opponent plays a zone pk, but look pathetic when facing a effective man pk, like other years, teams know how to shut down the big boys……..

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Boston put on a clinic on man coverage on the pk last game, Leafs pk thrives when the opponent plays a zone pk, but look pathetic when facing a effective man pk, like other years, teams know how to shut down the big boys……..
Of course they will, they are in a 7 game series and have to. When you get matched up like this, what should happen is your other players need to make good when they are facing lower caliber d. you can’t expect our top players to have multi point games every single night.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It’s interesting how people love to get on this core as the root cause of our challenges in the playoffs. While they are leaders on this team, in my opinion, it’s been the supporting cast and style of play that have been the issue.

We call them regular season stars, which is true, but we fail to recognize that we haven’t ever finished as the top team in our division in the regular season. We’ve generally lost to teams that were better in the regular season. The exception here is COVID with Montreal & Columbus of course, but I don’t recall Sundin getting such grief 20y ago.

Look at our regular season and postseason stats. It’s clear who has been carrying the team. Without those 3, we are bottom feeders.
You can say that about any top team in the league. The big difference is name another team paying 4 forwards as much as the Leafs are? This impacts how they can surround them. They wanted all the money, than it’s on them to win

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
You can say that about any top team in the league. The big difference is name another team paying 4 forwards as much as the Leafs are? This impacts how they can surround them. They wanted all the money, than it’s on them to win
Absolutely, but that’s not on them. They don’t construct the team. Yet, many blame them, and they alone.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Absolutely, but that’s not on them. They don’t construct the team. Yet, many blame them, and they alone.
It is on them to the extent that they could have left some money on the table. I get it takes two to tango, but Nylander making more than Pastrnak is ridiculous. The ones making the most should have to shoulder the blame, just like anything else in life

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Of course they will, they are in a 7 game series and have to. When you get matched up like this, what should happen is your other players need to make good when they are facing lower caliber d. you can’t expect our top players to have multi point games every single night.
They’re paid to get it done, no money left over for secondary scoring, it’s cause and effect…….

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
They’re paid to get it done, no money left over for secondary scoring, it’s cause and effect…….
Fallacy. They don’t command $80m in cap room. This is hockey, 4 players can’t do it all. It’s not basketball.

It is on them to the extent that they could have left some money on the table. I get it takes two to tango, but Nylander making more than Pastrnak is ridiculous. The ones making the most should have to shoulder the blame, just like anything else in life
They’re going to negotiate the best deal for themselves, just like you would. Say they took $1m less each, you got $4m in cap room now. What are you getting with that? Not an impact player, surely. The real issue is the Tavares contract, and there is only 1 year left, thankfully. But the other 3 didn’t sign him.

• Haha
Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Fallacy. They don’t command $80m in cap room. This is hockey, 4 players can’t do it all. It’s not basketball.

They’re going to negotiate the best deal for themselves, just like you would. Say they took $1m less each, you got $4m in cap room now. What are you getting with that? Not an impact player, surely. The real issue is the Tavares contract, and there is only 1 year left, thankfully. But the other 3 didn’t sign him.
Paid to score, why can they score in the regular season almost at will yet suck come playoff time? Half the cap to four players won’t work, will never work ir do you need more than 7 years of proof?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad