Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose again. We are Oilers in denial.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
"We played great. It was a miracle they were up 2-0 after that (first) period," Lundqvist"

The rangers were making bad decisions. If the leafs had some offensive pressure rangers would be still doing the same thing which is making mistakes. The leafs just stopped skating and dumped it out. After the dump it would be a quick change of lines.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Forwards are too weak and miss too many assignments. The turnovers are ridic. Defense is bad outside of one pairing/player.

Pretty much. We're playing as expected I'd say, we're not a very good team on paper and play worse on the ice; we belong nowhere near playoff contention, which I'm good with for a great pick this year.

Penalty Kill Icing*

No offense OP, but there is not one good reason why this thread shouldn't be merged with PGT.

Billy6

Dec 23, 2012
I can't believe that I've actually read posts on this thread that are critical of Reimer.

Reimer played great last night and any fan that thinks he had any chance on any of those goals are just plain dumb.

Also, if any idiot Leaf fan thinks for a second that the Leafs could have won that game last night if Luongo had of been in net for us then they are completely delusional.

Wake the hell up.

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
All of these guys have struggled (Koma/Bozak not so much) But no one has come even close to being as responsible for Goals Against this year as Dion - I'd even argue Dion has out played Scrivens in that department.
Very late (whatever), but Bozak has made some horrendous plays costing us goals. Bad decisions in the offensive zone combined with lackluster effort coming back causing odd-man rushes.

leafspring*

He was reliable/sound and +1. Phaneuf was a -4 looked like crap again.

thebear

Nov 18, 2009
I'm a fan of Fraser but he did not play well against NY, he tried to play physical but got overpowered by nearly everyone and also looked a step behind on most plays. He shouldn't be on the Leafs this year.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
I'm a fan of Fraser but he did not play well against NY, he tried to play physical but got overpowered by nearly everyone and also looked a step behind on most plays. He shouldn't be on the Leafs this year.

You don't sound like a fan of Fraer's.
He was fine against NYR.
Was on for zero goals and zero chances against.
He is a tough strong reliable 6th D. The strength of the team actually are D 5-8. It is the rest of the team that struggles.

I noticed both Kostka and Dion were north of 20 minutes after 2 periods against NYR. It was their 3 game in 4 nights. Crazy bad asset management to think that pairing would be strong in the 3rd.

DaveT83*

i thought he was fine. Limited playing time. If Komi played that good we'd have "Rebirth" Threads ... but because nobody knows who this scrub is he's invisible.

Invisible could be the best compliment someone on our BlueLine could ever receive.

leafspring*

You don't sound like a fan of Fraer's.
He was fine against NYR.
Was on for zero goals and zero chances against.
He is a tough strong reliable 6th D. The strength of the team actually are D 5-8. It is the rest of the team that struggles.

I noticed both Kostka and Dion were north of 20 minutes after 2 periods against NYR. It was their 3 game in 4 nights. Crazy bad asset management to think that pairing would be strong in the 3rd.

Thank you! Perfect reply.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
He seemed fine. There was one play where Liles got steamrolled by Boyle and as the play went up the ice I thought Fraser was going to go with him in response but he didn't. I'm not sure if he took exception to the hit or not (couldn't see because the cameras had moved with the puck).

Vintage Leaf Memories

Jan 7, 2013
Not sure there is any "denial", but clearly the Leafs are caught between "build" models. Have not been able to take advantage of good draft positioning in recent years, among other difficulties. (Oilers have been able to draft high year after year, as have the Penguins at different points in their successful years (Lemieux, Jagr, etc. and more recently Crosby, Malkin...along with Quebec City/Avs, and of course the Sens through the 1990s...

Last edited by a moderator:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle

Carlyle says "it was too much" for the minutes given to Phaneuf and Kostka on Sat. Admits things weren't going well and got away from them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad