Not open for further replies.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
In the last month the Coyotes have

- Beat the Avs 6-3
- Beat the Bruins
- Shut out the Canes 4-0

Do I need to go on?

Yes the stat line is annoying but irrelevant outside of the media playing it up. To anyone in this thread losing their mind over this game they need to touch some grass.
By grass you mean the “devils lettuce”……right?

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
If Nylander, Matthews, Marner, JT… including Sandin, Lily, Holl, Gio, Brodie can all buy into this new and improved 2nd best GA avg in the league…

I think Reilly can do it too…

My god I hope he does… cause he is sore thumb who stands out right now, and those risky plays and bad gap control is what we have seen too much over the last 5 years.

Let’s give him a few more games and go from there.

Secondly… So we all see what Bettman does to garner more Americans to watch…

It ain’t a conspiracy… no way you call penalties on your team in a fickle American market. Always a bias vs Canadian teams.

They’re a few bad years away from having sexy girls in gogo dancer outfits serving drinks in roller blades at NHL games.

Don’t shove it down throats of people who don’t like it Gary…. You suck
Don’t care how much ESPN, NHL Network, both TV and radio glom onto Bettmans jock, he is a pox on this great game and all of the true fans of hockey! Spare me doping down the sport for the sake of the drive-bys

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Losing to a contender by one goal is not a big deal but losing to a garbage franchise like the Yotes is unexceptable.
I genuinely am kinda happy that I got to see a misspelling here that I never have come across. I promise I am not trying to be mister gotcha with hey everyone look at this error ha ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: ck26 and Auston 316

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
As hot as the Leafs have been this year, it's the little things like this that cause all the doubt.

A Stanley Cup contender doesn't take nights off and blow these games to bottom feeders like the Leafs seem to do with the Coyotes. Just like when they play in Buffalo, they can't beat Arizona. Wasted points just because they don't feel like showing up whenever they play the Coyotes. This isn't what Elite teams do; elite teams beat the bottom ones and cash in on those valuable 2 points. But not the Leafs.

Every time they play Arizona and other bottom feeders and repetitively take the night off like this we're reminded why this team can never get past the first round... they've been great this year but lets face it every single one of us watches these kind of lazy losses and are reminded about how they can't get out of round 1 and how it's going to happen again this year

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
ARZ beat COL 6-3 also their previous game, what is SC Champs excuse?
Their excuse? Leafs best players played like they weren't in the lineup, while Colorados best players actually weren't on the lineup. Colorado was missing Nikushkin, Mackinnon, Landeskog, Manson and Byram.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Offensive zone face off with 2:30 left, and Tavares as the centre is a pretty good gamble. They actually won the draw and squandered possession. Nothing wrong with that decision.
I didn't like that decision. Two-and-a-half minutes left was a lot of time remaining to gamble on taking out the goalie without possession. If there had been 1 minute left, fine.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The trend I don't like is Samsonov gives up 3 and then 4 goals to Philly (.842 sv%) and STL (.882 sv%) and then Leafs with Murray (.810 sv%) give up 6 to Arizona including empty netters.

If these 3 games were playoff games against good teams these would all be losses, you wouldn't b e winning playoff games with that level of goaltending.

Hopefuly its just a blip and we get things turned around and play better in front of the goalies and they make they saves expected.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The trend I don't like is Samsonov gives up 3 and then 4 goals to Philly (.842 sv%) and STL (.882 sv%) and then Leafs with Murray (.810 sv%) give up 6 to Arizona including empty netters.

If these 3 games were playoff games against good teams these would all be losses, you wouldn't b e winning playoff games with that level of goaltending.

Hopefuly its just a blip and we get things turned around and play better in front of the goalies and they make they saves expected.
Why include empty net goals in your analysis of goaltending?

rocketman588

Jan 15, 2021
Games like this are going to happen, but we do it so frequently that it will most likely be the difference once again between playing Tampa and someone who is a much easier series

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Without revenue sharing from the Leafs, your team doesn't exist. That's a fact.

If it was up to me, I'd eliminate revenue sharing altogether. If a club can't afford to keep the lights on (or in Arizona's case, a decent arena), they shouldn't be in the business. Why bother supporting a team constantly on the verge of bankruptcy?

As for not winning jack shit, sure the Yotes have gone further in the playoffs, but did all 27 fans in attendance really care?
There would be no nhl, or at best, it‘d be on par with the CFL.

Reactions: ck26

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
we havent even seen the whole arena. Just the lower bowl and the makeshift dressing rooms. i'll be there in February
With 5000 seating capacity I'm not even sure there is an upper bowl. I can only comment on what I saw during the broadcast. It looked like I was watching a high school hockey game on one of those local cable channels from the 80's

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
we havent even seen the whole arena. Just the lower bowl and the makeshift dressing rooms. i'll be there in February

Be sure to report back. From what I saw on TV, it sure didn't look too impressive, certainly not NHL caliber.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Colorado lost to Arizona twice last year. The idea that other contenders don't lose to bottom feeders is flat out wrong.
Yes but Colorado has a much better history of more recent success to fall back on. I would bet that the vast majority of posters and fans were not alive when the Leafs last one a cup. I would also bet many of them were not even born yet when the Leafs even won a single round and I’m not even going to bring up the last 6 years of failure with this core group……oops I did it

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
As hot as the Leafs have been this year, it's the little things like this that cause all the doubt.

A Stanley Cup contender doesn't take nights off and blow these games to bottom feeders like the Leafs seem to do with the Coyotes. Just like when they play in Buffalo, they can't beat Arizona. Wasted points just because they don't feel like showing up whenever they play the Coyotes. This isn't what Elite teams do; elite teams beat the bottom ones and cash in on those valuable 2 points. But not the Leafs.

Every time they play Arizona and other bottom feeders and repetitively take the night off like this we're reminded why this team can never get past the first round... they've been great this year but lets face it every single one of us watches these kind of lazy losses and are reminded about how they can't get out of round 1 and how it's going to happen again this year
Hmmm..

So Boston and Carolina and the Avs are not contenders?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Be sure to report back. From what I saw on TV, it sure didn't look too impressive, certainly not NHL caliber.
well yeah obviously, but if you looked at the old rink the Sun Devils used to play in, it basically looked like a community rink kids grew up playing in. Very small.

Went down there last year to watch my friends nephews college play ASU but his whole team ended up catching covid, so that killed the plans there. Went straight from the golf course to the airbnb everyday cause we didnt want to risk going anywhere else and testing positive coming home.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yes but Colorado has a much better history of more recent success to fall back on. I would bet that the vast majority of posters and fans were not alive when the Leafs last one a cup. I would also bet many of them were not even born yet when the Leafs even won a single round and I’m not even going to bring up the last 6 years of failure with this core group……oops I did it
Literally none of this has anything to do with anything. The claim was made that contenders don't lose to bottom feeders, and that is unequivocally false. Contenders lose to bottom feeders all the time. The team that won the cup last year lost to this exact same team multiple times last year.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Literally none of this has anything to do with anything. The claim was made that contenders don't lose to bottom feeders, and that is unequivocally false. Contenders lose to bottom feeders all the time. The team that won the cup last year lost to this exact same team multiple times last year.
Fair enough I don’t think that I have ever thought that contenders don’t lose to crap teams but I agree that some people do. However the reason that the temp of the fans is high because of so many year/decades of failure so to use a team that has had recent success to justify or explain away the Leafs poor showing against a poverty team like Arizona doesn’t make anyone feel better.
Happy New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad