Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose. 6-4

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
tells you all you need to know about Styles, he got paid and immediately took his foot off the gas, it's why I hate him as a player.............

He's the most noticeable one but I think it runs deep in the group in general.

They were given the world too young and without having earned it thanks to Dubas and now I just hope someone can get through to them.

It is so simple in Toronto too, if you work hard the fans love you even if you have half the talent. Just leave it out there that's all you gotta do.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Maybe he had a $100,000.00 bet on the game, for Tampa to win? Or just a lazy hockey player. I haven't seen anything like this, ever, and I've seen a lot of scrubs over the years.
Ever wonder if he didn’t play the puck it was because he knocked it down with a high stick? I see that dozens of times a year by many palayers. I’d say it was standard practice, considering he didn’t want the face off to come back.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That is your opinion, but really isn't really all that true.

There are plenty of players who are considered to be the best on said team who never won.

Winning is a team accomplishment and too many factors are out of players control.

If he plays out his career here, there will be almost no chance he isn't considered the best player to play for the Leafs.

Odds are very low unless something drastic happens that he becomes the winningest Leaf ever
Keon
Apps
Conacher
Kennedy
Bower
Mahovlich
Horton
Salming
Armstrong
Jackson
Kelly
Day
Primeau
Bentley

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ever wonder if he didn’t play the puck it was because he knocked it down with a high stick? I see that dozens of times a year by many palayers. I’d say it was standard practice, considering he didn’t want the face off to come back.
The not playing the puck was the only thing he did right there.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
This. And he skated up on the player to force the shot, not a rush where he could have engaged. The pass threading the needle on 4 other Leafs standing still made it look horrible, but Willie didn’t quit on the play.

However, a nice series winning rush snipe would make us all feel better in a few days.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

They were given the world too young and without having earned it thanks to Dubas and now I just hope someone can get through to them.

It is so simple in Toronto too, if you work hard the fans love you even if you have half the talent. Just leave it out there that's all you gotta do.
I don’t think are reachable. I firmly think they feel like they are doing just awesome and deserve the keys to the vault

Reactions: rumman

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Puck was pretty high, not sure the defender is suppose to try and knock it down. Sliding along the ice, yeah for sure.
From the angle it looked like it would hit off the boards or glass. The video is on the previous page.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Hard to make a list if I don't know what the list is.

Doea how long said player was a Leaf matter?

Did they shine in an era the Leafs were terrible?

There are a lot of factors that go in.

Right now all I have for sure is Kennedy would be #1.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The subjective part is you believe you have to win to be the greatest. I don't remember Salming ever winning

Depends on the criteria.

IMO, Salming and Sundin will always be remembered more fondly than Matthews in my eyes. Matthews doesn’t have a particularly likeable personality, again IMO. I am too young to have watched Salming, but from what I have seen of him when he was around always seemed like a likeable person. And I can’t talk enough about how much I liked Sundin. Matthews is just not the same. I guess it has nothing to do with him being the greatest or not, but I just would never view him the same as those guys. I don't care how many goals he scores.

Reactions: Jojalu and rumman

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022

Guys like Roberts, Sundin, Tucker, Clark, Beflour, Gilmour, etc.... Never won a thing with this team and we all revered them for their effort. The idea that this is a 'pressure cooker' market is insane. There is no real pressure that comes with being a professional athlete. Like Jose Mourinho once said, "Pressure? Pressure is a single father working to feed his kids.". This current group of athletes is entitled. It makes me yearn for the days when guys would smoke a pack a day, leave it all on the ice, and then at the end of the season go back to their blue-collar jobs. Real men.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
IMO, Salming and Sundin will always be remembered more fondly than Matthews in my eyes. Matthews doesn’t have a particularly likeable personality, again IMO. I am too young to have watched Salming, but from what I have seen of him when he was around always seemed like a likeable person. And I can’t talk enough about how much I liked Sundin. Matthews is just not the same. I guess it has nothing to do with him being the greatest or not, but I just would never view him the same as those guys. I don't care how many goals he scores.
IMO, the salary cap has ruined how people look at/judge players.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Well, I think Bettmanomics turns fan-player relationships into a bit of a zero sum game, so it’s a easy to scapegoat a player who cost your team some depth and help here or there when your ticket prices could actually support paying Matthews twice as much…

That said Matthews is still young and hasn’t put together the heart and soul legacy yet.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Guys like Roberts, Sundin, Tucker, Clark, Beflour, Gilmour, etc.... Never won a thing with this team and we all revered them for their effort. The idea that this is a 'pressure cooker' market is insane. There is no real pressure that comes with being a professional athlete. Like Jose Mourinho once said, "Pressure? Pressure is a single father working to feed his kids.". This current group of athletes is entitled. It makes me yearn for the days when guys would smoke a pack a day, leave it all on the ice, and then are the end of the season go back to their blue collar jobs. Real men.
nice summation imo..............

Reactions: MilkofthePoppy

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Most go to the defender to either make a play or force a whistle. Nylander scurried to the bench leaving time and space for the defender to make his stretch pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad