Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose. 6-4

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Feel bad Matthews couldn't hit 70, but 69 is pretty awesome too.

That said, holy HELL am I glad the regular season is over.
Well, Matthews didn't take as many games off as Nylander, but the fact he did, likely caused himself to miss scoring 70 !!!

Reactions: fahad203

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
Well, this appetizer should pair well with the shit sandwich main course.

We need to drill out the meaningless games talk around here. Did we all not just watch two other teams find meaning in showing up and winning big in Game 82 in Florida and Tampa? Did we all as fans not invest hours of personal time watching our team mail it in? Enough is enough with this meaningless games talk. It's important to find meaning in every game, winning or losing. There's got to be a standard and it has nothing to do with impact on standings.
Pin this somewhere. It's perfect.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

We need to drill out the meaningless games talk around here. Did we all not just watch two other teams find meaning in showing up and winning big in Game 82 in Florida and Tampa? Did we all as fans not invest hours of personal time watching our team mail it in? Enough is enough with this meaningless games talk. It's important to find meaning in every game, winning or losing. There's got to be a standard and it has nothing to do with impact on standings.
Boston just lost two games to f***ing Washington and Ottawa. Were their games meaningless? If you think their's were meaningless and ours weren't then there is nothing to say to you.

Nothing against you, I'm just tired of people acting like the sky is falling cause we lost to two great teams and then acting like Boston also limping into the playoffs is totally normal.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Did Tampa even play well? The Leafs forced every pass to a single player, easy to shut down that line.

Jones didn't help... but I don't think Tampa played well, the Leafs just looked like they didn't care.

Our team put up 3 goals in the third and people were annoyed that they were scoring and it wasn't Matthews... everyone tuned in for Matthews and I am sure the players were the same.

Reactions: Menzinger

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
It’s disappointing but still an incredible season for him.

I’m sure we’d rather pile up goals against the Bs instead of scoring a meaningless goal in a nothing game anyway.
While we would all love that to happen he doesn't exactly have the best track record in the playoffs.

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Mr_Fun

Find me sombaty to love.
Oct 7, 2006
BC
Disappointed not seeing numero 70, but, not disappointed in 69 goals in general. As has been posited -- had the team taken a regular sporoach to the last two games, AM likely pot's 70. But that's hypothetical and we'll likely never know....until we're dead.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Matthews stuck on 69 just like his loser linemate stuck on 99 points last year. These two are certified losers for life.

I think it is interesting how much the team bent over backwards for Matthews but sat Marner at 99 last year and not a peep about Nylander stuck at 97 (although he has taken a lot of time off since signing).

Doesn't seem like great team building to have double standards even in the star section.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Well, this appetizer should pair well with the main course that is t

The Florida game literally had meaning for Florida in chasing the division title, so that’s not really comparable.

The game tonight wasn’t some great effort from Tampa that undid us. Both teams were missing guys, both rested their goaltenders, both were trying to force their guy to a milestone - it’s less obvious with Tampa because Kucherov needed an assist and not a goal and they already run all their systems through him anyway, but they most definitely were.

Half our D tonight and the ones that played the worst I might add are unlikely to play game 1 of the playoffs. Jones was really bad. Our top 2 lines were completely out of sync from the moment keefe set them in this config.

There’s a lot of layers, and I get what you are saying, but the game was meaningless and there is no way around it

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
f*ing insane how I called it EXACTLY... 100 assists, 69 goals to finish the season... GTD thread, page 3/Post #62..

We just knew this is how it was going to end because this is what happens in this city

Except Matthews hit is last 2 milestones? He got 60 remember ?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I hate Keefe. But the past 2 games he let the idiots do what they wanted and they embarrassed themselves as usual. I don't blame him for this.

The special teams and tending is going to wreck us. Hoping we turn that around quick.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Well, this appetizer should pair well with the main course that is t

It is the same thing if they won 4 in a row. Yes, we will feel better but at the end it will be, need to win in the playoffs as winning 4 straight to end the regular season means crap if they can’t win in the playoffs.

Reactions: Sypher04

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
40E8BDB7-EC30-4A40-BC34-B7199D6F8A86.gif
Bring on Boston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad