Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose. 6-4

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Another brilliant coaching job by Sheldon Queefe.

KEEFE.jpg

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
70 would've been cool but ultimately it doesn't matter much. 69 is an unbelievable accomplishment.

And there's nothing to be gleaned from this game. It was essentially an exhibition game and everything resets on Saturday.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Forget not getting 70, the fact that the goaltending has been so godawful the last 4 games before the playoffs is the real problem. They are f***ed if this is the goaltending they get in round 1.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
f*ing insane how I called it EXACTLY... 100 assists, 69 goals to finish the season... GTD thread, page 3/Post #62..

We just knew this is how it was going to end because this is what happens in this city
You better don’t call anything negative in the playoffs, lol

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
f*ing insane how I called it EXACTLY... 100 assists, 69 goals to finish the season... GTD thread, page 3/Post #62..

We just knew this is how it was going to end because this is what happens in this city
Kreskin should be worried.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I like it that the team didn’t give up and kept trying to feed AM till the end.

For real, it was a meaningless game and I like it that the team esp the bottom 6 kept pushing and rewarded with goals and drawing penalties

Well, this appetizer should pair well with the shit sandwich main course.

We need to drill out the meaningless games talk around here. Did we all not just watch two other teams find meaning in showing up and winning big in Game 82 in Florida and Tampa? Did we all as fans not invest hours of personal time watching our team mail it in? Enough is enough with this meaningless games talk. It's important to find meaning in every game, winning or losing. There's got to be a standard and it has nothing to do with impact on standings.

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
No injuries, so it's not the worst outcome. Imagine yourself at the end of the 2015 season hearing how in 2024 we will have a guy chasing 70 goals with a playoff spot locked in. This series will make or break this team. At least they are relatively healthy and won't be pushed around.

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
Where are all you stats guys? Ya'll should be shouting the good news from the rooftops. Matty hitting goalposts and getting umpteen shots on net without scoring means the law of averages predicts he is due to light it up next week. Seriously.

Reactions: 56 Years No Cup

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
I knew when they announced domi out for the last 2 games it was a bad omen. Marner is the biggest forcer of passes and we all saw that the last 2 games. Just blind pass after blind pass killing their ozone cycle.

It won’t be any different on Saturday.
Matthews had 12 shots and 1 post tonight

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Marner does know he could pass it to someone else who then could feed Matthews for 70 right? Glad that is over with now I wanted to see him get 70 as much as anybody but holy f*** so many turn overs because of it the last few games
This is what makes these two work so well when Matthews is scoring but look so bad when he’s not scoring. Marner gets fixated on just passing to Matthews and tuning out the other 3 players on the ice.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The greatest goal scorer in the game today need one goal in two games and instead the Leafs get goals from Tavares, Holmberg, Gregor, Reaves, and Brodie.

Read it again........Holmberg, Gregor, Reaves, and Brodie.

It's so on brand it's frightening

It was very depressing that all we wanted was one 'meaningless' goal from our favorite, but we got 4 meaningless goals in such a terrible road effort. Add up the Gregor and JT in Florida too.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Well, this appetizer should pair well with the main course that is t

We need to drill out the meaningless games talk around here. Did we all not just watch two other teams find meaning in showing up and winning big in Game 82 in Florida and Tampa? Did we all as fans not invest hours of personal time watching our team mail it in? Enough is enough with this meaningless games talk. It's important to find meaning in every game, winning or losing. There's got to be a standard and it has nothing to do with impact on standings.
thank you.

that truly needed to be said.

i hope some folks digest it.

Reactions: Racer88

theTTC

Aug 17, 2010
^^ beauty post!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad