Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Hyman will never be the player today if he stayed with the Leafs.

Look at how he plays as an Oilers and how he plays here. He is actually a focus in their offense and you can see Drai and McD are willing to dig pucks for him. Whereas he is the one who was doing the digging whether it is with AM or JT.
It's a valid point. Roles are often dictated by the coaches. Never is long but it is safe to say he wouldn't have been able to change his role under the current staff

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It's a valid point. Roles are often dictated by the coaches. Never is long but it is safe to say he wouldn't have been able to change his role under the current staff
Exactly. The whole team knows what Hyman will do here where as when he went to the Oilers, he really got a clean start.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
The Bruins show more heart, compassion, attention to detail and grit, in every single game than our Leafs show in 5 games. That is the problem with our Leafs.

Most of the other teams in the league won't be playing the Bruins in the playoffs. With the stupid playoff format, our Leafs will HAVE to go through them if they want to win a Stanley Cup. Not hanging with them in the standings just proves how OVERPAID our core is IMHO.
compassion? witaf

Last edited:

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
the Leafs are 6W 4L in their last 10 not great but passable

They have 21 games left in which I'd like to see them go 14-6-1 and they finish with 111 points, but more than that I'd like to see Matthews take tonight off and come back against Vancouver on Saturday, if he's ready to come back, but only if he's ready. We have lots of forwards so filling the spot shouldn't be too difficult. Hopefully whatever stuff is dragging him down can get taken care of, if it's an injury than just sit him. If it's some kind of personal problem, then send him home and have him settle it and get over it. This team can win w/o him but it's much easier winning with him when he's on.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Nope not a problem at all. Zach is having a career year, on the highest scoring team in the League.

The guy just won the Rocket two straight years, is on pace to break Ovie's all time goal scoring record. He is top 1% of the league in scoring, that's a problem for you?

I can't understand the quick hate towards a guy who is the best goal scorer since he came into the league. Well there is always time for us to drop him at the TDL for a couple of 3rd rounders, the guy is such a bum!

TBH IMO this is a mind numbingly stupid conversation, you don't need to reply as I wont reply to you.
Complete shifting of the goal posts. Talking about this year not his past accomplishments.

It isn't hate to say he has not been performing to expectations nor his contract this year. Not sure how that triggered you so hard

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Holl “you should see the other guy”
42373900-C5B1-4262-924B-3D5066622089.jpeg

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
But Rocky won and Holl got knocked down by the nuge :scared:
Holl can't win. Finally drops the gloves and gets trashed for losing.

I applaud him for trying. He knows hiscjob is up for grabs and he least he went down swinging.

Reactions: saltming

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Don’t be so factually correct lol.
Oops I forgot where I was :laugh:

Holl can't win. Finally drops the gloves and gets trashed for losing.

I applaud him for trying. He knows hiscjob is up for grabs and he least he went down swinging.
Tbh it was a good hit by the nuge. Neither are fighters so it was pretty fun to watch and I agree, good for him not turtling

Reactions: Jojalu

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
compassion? witaf
Didn't you know the Bruins players are way more philanthropic than the Leafs players? I bet Marchand has a much higher donations % of salary than Matthews :sarcasm: Do the Leafs even know what charity is?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Didn't you know the Bruins players are way more philanthropic than the Leafs players? I bet Marchand has a much higher donations % of salary than Matthews :sarcasm: Do the Leafs even know what charity is?
Haven't you watched their games against the underprivileged teams?

• Haha
Reactions: 1specter

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Was that a mail-in or simply fatigue from 3 in 4 / 4 in 6 against a rested team?

It says a lot about the quality of the Bruins that the game they are excused of "mailing it in" comes after playing three games in four nights on a Western road trip.

Oh, and they won the game.

But Rocky won and Holl got knocked down by the nuge :scared:

Rocky lost in the Academy Award winning original.

Reactions: ShaneFalco

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It says a lot about the quality of the Bruins that the game they are excused of "mailing it in" comes after playing three games in four nights on a Western road trip.

Oh, and they won the game.

Rocky lost in the Academy Award winning original.
He was robbed! Everyone knew it even creed. That's why he said ain't gonna be a rematch lol

Nuge is such a bully.
JH needs some time with Mr. Miyagi
Luccic nuge would be a great bout :sarcasm:

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
I loved the fire from Justin Holl in this one. You could definitely tell he knew he was on the trade block after Gustafsson, McCabe and Schenn were all brought in. He was playing for his life. He threw probably his best two checks of the year and landed the first punch he has ever landed in a fight in the same night. Even if he still gets traded, he may have upped his trade value bringing out the grit.
Holl punched his ticket to Chicago….

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He was robbed! Everyone knew it even creed. That's why he said ain't gonna be a rematch lol

Luccic nuge would be a great bout :sarcasm:
Only if Holl follows the instruction to wax on and wax off the car instead of his nuts.

edit..watched a couple of fights with Nuge. He seems to avail himself quite well

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Only if Holl follows the instruction to wax on and wax off the car instead of his nuts.

edit..watched a couple of fights with Nuge. He seems to avail himself quite well
Just his luck he would end up training with deez nuts instead.

Agreed on the nuge. He's come a long way since his draft. I have full respect for him and would have loved him on this team a couple years ago

Not the first fight!
Rocky was robbed hahaha

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I stopped watching the game after I got disgusted by their effort. But still wanted to see if they at least showed up after. Watched the highlight saw Holl got into a fight (good) then saw him got his ass beat by freakin' RNH (bad) :laugh:

Were there any more scrums/fights/huge hits?

Reactions: Cleetus

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yes, they display it to their opponents often.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mathews what ever you are smoking stop right now.
Injury or whatever issue you are going .
Get rest and help because I have never seen this player tonight.

I've been called a hater, lost, and what not.... but I still maintain my views that:

1) Matthews didn't put in the work this summer after winning the Hart. I think he took it too easy. His conditioning is really bad
2) His shot has also gotten worse or goalies now have a book on his shot
3) His physical play that he had last season is also not there
OR
4) he has an injury that means he should be resting and not playing in case he aggravates his injury even more. But that doesn't explain his conditioning IMO

I should mention btw... that I am not too concerned about last night's results as a whole because of the new guys. That said, the Core 5 have to lead from front. I don't think they did that last night.

Reactions: horner

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I stopped watching the game after I got disgusted by their effort. But still wanted to see if they at least showed up after. Watched the highlight saw Holl got into a fight (good) then saw him got his ass beat by freakin' RNH (bad) :laugh:

Were there any more scrums/fights/huge hits?
nope that was pretty much it lol, I had one eye open and one closed there in the third, but yea it was a pretty uneventful third lol

Reactions: PromisedLand

kb

Aug 28, 2009
I expected a disjointed shitshow last night - and I was right. Watched all of about 5 minutes, and once it was 2-0 McDavid, I flipped to watching old reruns. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad