Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Who is willing to lick sweat out of your eye like Marchand did, not once but to two different guys? He's a compassionate kind of guy.

instant replay of Holl vs RNH

That’s what I was thinking.
that has to be the craziest hockey moment I have ever seen

Rubyblue

Apr 13, 2021
Wasn't the least bit surprised they didn't show up last night but that better be it for that lackadaisical garbage.
They got steamrolled The game was just to hard to play . How dare the other team take it that serious especially when we had a great time at the Boss's concert the other night. Plus we lost a couple of buddies to other teams. Boo Hoo!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If you're going by salaries then there are a number of teams who spend just as much as the Leafs do that are behind them in the standings, some of the far behind.
I don't cheer for the other teams, I cheer for the Leafs exclusively.

How many Stanley Cup winners in the last few years had 3 players making over $10M???

Taveras, Matthews, and Marner need to show up every f***ing game and EARN their paychecks. Right now they seem to pick and choose when and which games they come to play!!! This is NOT acceptable at their salaries. Some of their teammates see this and follow their lead. A few times last night Nylander decided NOT to go hard to the puck. Why???

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't cheer for the other teams, I cheer for the Leafs exclusively.

How many Stanley Cup winners in the last few years had 3 players making over $10M???

Taveras, Matthews, and Marner need to show up every f***ing game and EARN their paychecks. Right now they seem to pick and choose when and which games they come to play!!! This is NOT acceptable at their salaries. Some of their teammates see this and follow their lead. A few times last night Nylander decided NOT to go hard to the puck. Why???
This was your original statement:

4th overall in the standings when the salaries of the core players should mean 1st overall or close to it.

IMO the salaries of the core players is irrelevant. Total cap is what counts and like I said, all the top teams spend to the cap and the Leafs stack up well in that big picture. If you think we spend too much on core players, then how is it that we're ahead of most of the teams that don't spend as much on their core players?

Nylander's had a great season. If you want to get angry about an isolated play or two in an isolated game, go ahead.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This was your original statement:

4th overall in the standings when the salaries of the core players should mean 1st overall or close to it.

IMO the salaries of the core players is irrelevant. Total cap is what counts and like I said, all the top teams spend to the cap and the Leafs stack up well in that big picture. If you think we spend too much on core players, then how is it that we're ahead of most of the teams that don't spend as much on their core players?

Nylander's had a great season. If you want to get angry about an isolated play or two in an isolated game, go ahead.
I think the core players salaries absolutely matter. I don’t think too many would be complaining if that 50% spent on 4 players was distributed between 2 forwards, a stud Dman and a quality goalie instead of just on 4 offensive forwards

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I think the core players salaries absolutely matter. I don’t think too many would be complaining if that 50% spent on 4 players was distributed between 2 forwards, a stud Dman and a quality goalie instead of just on 4 offensive forwards
With so many consecutive 1st round exists, exactly the same number of people would be complaining regardless of cap allocation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad