Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-3 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
McCabe iced the puck, kicked the draw to the point man and let his man deflect the shot in for the OT winner. What a sequence!

Reactions: TMLeafer and HofT

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Lol, just reading the Isles thread.
That ex leaf fan has gone full on bunny boiler over there, his obsession with this team is nuts.
Pretty sad if not so funny.
I can appreciate Tavares hurt their feelings but it's probably time to move on.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
That ex leaf fan has gone full on bunny boiler over there, his obsession with this team is nuts.
I took a quick peek and there’s a lot of BS, but there’s some truth too .

Reactions: Barzaltrick

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Jones blew it tonight, simple as that.

The ass kissers and excuse makers and excuse makers will disagree but all you have to do to prove me right is look at the first 2 goals.

Neither one can go in.

They both did.
You either didn’t watch the game or you just don’t understand much.
The 1st goal was weak
the 2nd goal was a laser, not much chance on that
The 3rd goal, between Marners karate kick and the deflection, not his fault
The OT goal, clearly not on him

Thank you, that is all

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Even after the Cali trip the Leafs are 8th in the NHL in Pts%. The four teams directly behind them are LA, VGK, Canes, and Edmonton, the four above them are Dallas, NYR, Avs, Florida.
Interesting.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Willy set up JT three or four times, and actually led the team in shots. And believe it or not, had a hit!

But that second line has been brutal ever since they moved Willy up to get Matty going. Since Dec 1, at ES, Willy has 7 goals and 10 assists, while JT has 2 and 8, and Bert has 1 and 7.

Best Leaf certainly. Barzal made it close.

For sure i saw two point blank chances that Willy created. But here's the thing, with the new contract that no longer is enough. Gotta impact the game tangibly now. He played well in spurts but was floating quite a bit. It's disheartening when your linemates can't finish though.

Also Keefe really needs to stop using McCabe and start using liljegren. He's such a shite coach

That ex leaf fan is a psychopathic moron.

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
That wasn't the first game I thought the Leafs played after a last-night party.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
You either didn’t watch the game or you just don’t understand much.
The 1st goal was weak
the 2nd goal was a laser, not much chance on that
The 3rd goal, between Marners karate kick and the deflection, not his fault
The OT goal, clearly not on him

Thank you, that is all

I'm not sure why you brought up 3rd and 4th goals because I didn't mention them. The reason being they are irrelevant because if he stops the first 2 like he should have, or hell even just one of them the 3rd and 4th goals don't matter because it doesn't go to OT so the 4th one doesn't happen

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Edmonton and Florida on 9 game win streaks. Has this core ever in it's existence come close to that? Even garbage teams put together lengthy win streaks but never our elite regular season team somehow.

This is just a bad team. Especially defensively. We will get spanked hard in round one and it probably won't even be by Florida. I think they'll pass Boston and we'll get to be laughed at by them again.

Reactions: Al14 and ToneDog

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm not sure why you brought up 3rd and 4th goals because I didn't mention them. The reason being they are irrelevant because if he stops the first 2 like he should have, or hell even just one of them the 3rd and 4th goals don't matter because it doesn't go to OT so the 4th one doesn't happen
The 2nd goal not many goalies, if any, make that save.

So basically you expect the goalies to let 2 or less goals in every game or they stink?

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Reinhart is only 3 goals behind Matthews for the league lead. It shocked me with how hot Matthews has been. Surely that's worth 11.5 million per year.
I'm told 11.5m in Toronto is 9.5m in Florida. If so, either Leafs have no clue when it comes to contract negotiations or teams in tax free states have an advantage over other teams.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not sure why the Leafs were playing man coverage after Bertuzzi broke his stick. Didn't help Nylander when Bertuzzi drifted to the middle of the zone

It was a weird sequence on a long shift that ended with a nice shot by Romanov.
I'd have to watch the goal again but it was a nice shot.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm told 11.5m in Toronto is 9.5m in Florida. If so, either Leafs have no clue when it comes to contract negotiations or teams in tax free states have an advantage over other teams.

Depends on which type of Leaf fan you are ;)

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad